THR my new hips

Glad you are home. Healing wishes...:angel:
 
Nice short hospital stay. If using spoon for a straw is the only silly thing they can get you for post op--you did very well!
 
Happy Wednesday @Gone again
How's it going?
Hopefully good.....
 
Today’s been pretty good. Only taking xarelto and Tylenol since this morning. Pain isn’t bad at all. I can get around with a Cain ok but I’ll keep to the walker for a while. I do have the log leg and constipation.
I’m certainly not advocating that anyone not take the pain meds but I talked it over with my Surgon in detail. And the heavy pain meds gave me severe constipation with the last THR. I’ve also been iceing almost continually so things are under control.
 
Glad you are doing well (except for that one issue!). I kept my walker for a couple of weeks because I was afraid to not use it. In terms of pain meds, I think we have to do what works for us. Have a good day!
 
I also had bathroom drama...think it distressed me more than the leg pain.
My mom suggested I get a magazine and sit for a while and try to relax.
Right! On potty chair with hips split open...relaxing..right!
Glad you are icing alot. Glad you're all done.
Glad for your wife too it's your last hip.
Will be a great New Year!
Sending healing wishes.
 
Hi @Gone again
Wonderful to hear you're not in a lot of pain..feeling it's well managed.
Hope the constipation issues resolve quickly.
I think it's amazing you're getting around with a cane this soon! You just may catch up with @dougie0216
I so agree with you on the ice. I also used it almost non stop and it worked wonders.
Hope you have a great day!
 
I’m vary happy how well things are going so far. I slept 8 hours last night and only got up once to pee.
No BM yet swelling isn’t bad and vary little bruising. One weird thing is one side of the end of my tongue is numb since surgery. I asked everyone at the hospital and they all had the same dumb questioning look on there face. So I’m assuming somehow it was pinched during with the tube down my throat. Throat is still a little sore. Maby I bit it reading the instructions while I was out.:heehee:
 
One weird thing is one side of the end of my tongue is numb since surgery.
Got to give you credit here! I have been on this forum for years and never heard this one! Did you confirm you were intubated? Guess since you have that sore throat you were.

Yahoo for sleeping 8 hours! Sleep = healing!
 
Hey @Gone again
In reading your latest post regarding the tongue numbness it rang a bell.
I remembered Zauberfloate mentioning the same in her latest recovery. I quickly scanned her thread and found it in Post #46
It involved a bit more than her tongue it sounds.
If memory serves, it seems she mentioned this a few times thereafter, explaining there was still numbness.
I didn't read beyond the post I mentioned but you may want to scan her thread reading only her updates.
Hope you have a good day!
 
So glad you are sleeping...that certainly is the best thing for healing.
I remember the same posts from Zaub...
Is strange. No telling what happens when we are out. I saw pictures of the Hana table they used for my surgery. Didn't see it at all beforehand...thank goodness.
Thanks for the reminder that I should cherish the time with my father. Might need remind me again...he is killing me here lately.
He is retired air force and very "regulation" oriented and can be abrupt and hard headed!
 
Thanks for the heads up on Zauberfloates post.seems she was having an issue with Percocet causing numbness.
My tongue numbness started right after surgery it’s annoying but not terrible. I can feel a sore spot whear I think a tooth was digging in. I hope it goes away! Bathroom drama is finally over :yahoo:This last surgery they rolled me into the OR where I meet everyone. Some were wearing space suits. One guy was a prosthetic rep that is in on every surgery. He had boxes of parts and pieces. I had time to check out the Hana table. Didn’t look like somewhere you’d want to spend a lot of time. Then they put me out. I don’t how they got me off the gurney and on the Hana table. Then I was in recovery for what seemed like hours to me. Being in recovery is the weirdest part you know what’s going on but you don’t. I felt like I was floating but to heavy to move. Everything is off but I didn’t care. Well it’s another day of hanging out. I’m alread bored.
 
They put me out before I could get a load of any of that....guess I looked like a wimp?
Suits me.
I imagine it is annoying to know you have to do this recovery thing ball over again after just doing it. :sad: My Aussie girl comes to mind.
Poor @Gone again ...poor wife:sigh:
 
I remember the spacesuit guy in OR and that's about it... oh I also remember how dang cold my private area was too.... can you say shrinkage??

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
 
Bahahaha! @snickers
You win my BS "best laugh of the day" with that one!
 
@Gone again I think you're lucky. I would have liked to see / meet the crew that was involved in my surgery.
I knew exactly what I was signing up for with surgery. We make the decision for surgery in an effort to improve our quality of life and thankfully surgery provides that.
But afterward I felt violated in a sense. I truly struggled for a few tearful minutes on my first trip to the bathroom just hours after my surgery. It all hit me as I stood there in front of a mirror, with a walker, looking at a bloody dressing over my incision. I thought "What just happened....WHO did this to me?" Obviously I met my OS prior to my surgery date but....it was for 15 minutes, two months prior. I guess I had a curiosity about all who witnessed my surgery.
I don't know if they were male or female (assuming a mix) I don't know if there were 5 or 10 people in there.
I wondered how my body was maneuvered.....all of it. I was wheeled in by two nurses and saw two anesthesiologists, that's it......OUT COLD. Has anyone one else ever contemplated any of this or am I just waaay too analytical? Possibly it's a control issue? I had to relinquish control?

Gone again, I didn't intend this as a hijack of your thread but I find it fortunate you were able to meet the team that was involved in your surgery. I feel it may have been comforting. I would love to hear your opinion on this as well as other's opinions.
 
@Layla I definitely get it. Like I said I wonder how they got all 290lbs of me on that goofy Hana table. I saw no Crain. But they did a good job. My Surgon operates Mon-wen- Fri and does from 4-6 hips a day. The day after my THR he was in my room at 6:30 am with me going over things. He works crazy hours as does his staff.it certainly isn’t my world but they hav one hell of a system.
 
Sounds like you have been in really good hands. Glad things are going so well (including going!)
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom