Bilateral THR Twice as Nice - JennyLynne's recovery

Thank you everyone for the messages the last few days and today. Tried to stay off devices and spend my time with my son or prepping for post op life.

Also meant to mention- surgeon told my husband that I was clearly born with bad hip dysphasia and explains why it’s so bad at a young(ish) age. It was validating.

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

Awesome! Very happy to see you out of surgery and sounding so good! You've hardly missed a beat with your little man so I am sure he is quite at ease and enjoying his treat. If not offered, ask for ice and sleep all you can. I was starved when I came around so hopefully something yummy soon!

Congratulations! You sound wonderful.
Now you can relax, begin healing and contemplate all the great times you'll have with your little man.
I hope they're supplying you with ice and they keep your pain well managed.
Wishing you comfort. You're on your way! :happydance:
@JennyLynne

Update.... just got up and walked into hall and back to bed. Felt like I walked a marathon but I did it!

PTs helped me get out and back into bed. I’d say pain got up to a 6 but quickly back to a 4.

This is nowhere near as awful as when I first got up after my TKR.
Oh and most importantly...
NO SEARING GROIN PAIN!!!!

So happy to see you sounding so well.
:chuckmarch:Happy double hippy chicken dance, friend!:loveshwr::loveshwr:

So glad to see you here! Sounds like you're off to a good start. My spinal definitely wearing off, pain starting to creep up. Got my meds schedule and I'm sticking to it!!

Glad everyone is doing well and starting the road to recovery and healing. Patience, Persistence, and Playfulness (keeping a sense of humor) were the 3 “P”s that have kept me going. Prayers and Pharmaceuticals were also mainstays. Sending prayers of healing and positive energy your way. You’ve got this! @JennyLynne, @Chappyd

Thanks @Hip4life

Slept from 9-11 and woke up with a deep ache all over my thighs. Couldn’t get comfortable. Back achy too.

The nurse helped me move my legs around a bit and put a pillow under them. And lots of fresh ice.

Now it’s 11:30 and meds due soon so hoping that helps too

The pain isn’t terrible. Just too distracting to fall back asleep.

Good to hear all went well for you! Wow 1 hour 45 and only a spinal! They must’ve given you something to relax you and sleep. Did they do your insisions anterior, lateral or posterior? Looking forward to hearing about your progress and if the pain from arthritis is gone. My BTHR is only 18 more sleeps!

@jwadds thanks for the well wishes and looking forward to connecting over our BTHRs!

I was given propofal to put me to sleep. I had posterior incision (and staples [emoji24]).

Still amazed how perky and good I felt immediately after. No real distracting pain until 11pm and the latest dose of meds have helped a lot. I even went back to sleep until the iv machine starting beeping and startled me awake!

Last edited:
What a great report... so glad you are doing so well... keep that pain under control & you will soon be home... Well done you xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slept for almost 3 hours until just now, woken for meds (and I’m just fine with that!)

Got a handle on med list (will butcher spelling):
Every 4 hrs-
Oxy
Gabatin
Roboxin

Every 6-
Tylenol
Tramadol
Another T med that I forgot name

Twice a day-
Senekot
Prilosec

Daily:
Heparin shot

Whoa... long list
I’m sure some are just for a couple days???!

Looks like they are helping with pain a lot. They may take some out, maybe not. Nice that you are getting some decent stretches of sleep :sleep:

From another bilateral (feb 19th 2019) so good to hear you're doing well. Have posted my own thread which details by day to day experience which might prove helpful. For me week 1 and 2 were the toughest and then suddenly at week 6 things started to really change. Anyway, so pleased for you to be pain free in your groin.

Thanks @hbl I will give your thread a read!

OT came and helped me get dressed and into the worlds most uncomfortable chair. PT coming soon and then I hope back to the bed.

Catheter out, iv disconnected... making progress!

You're amazing! I'm in awe.
Will enjoy watching your story unfold.
Sending a hug and wishing you comfort.
@JennyLynne

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023

Members online