Guest viewing is limited

Hip Infection THR from hell

Thank you ladies!!! Relaxing weekend LOL We went to California for a family baptism. 5 hour drive there Saturday morning... 5 hour drive home Sunday evening. Then Real Estate school today for 4.5 hours. I'm tired LOL But I got to shoot some drone pics in Cali!! Now off to the couch!
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] THR from hell
    DJI_0001.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 330
  • [Bonesmart.org] THR from hell
    DJI_0004a.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 338
OH..... I almost forgot... I got an injection last Friday. The shot up the Hip Flexor muscle. I will say it did make a difference. I was told I might have to have 2 more? Main this is... It made a difference
 
So glad you got some relief.
Honestly, coolest family photo ever.
I tried to fly a simple toy drone of my great nephew's and crashed it into the top of a high pine tree.
I've been forbidden to touch his new one:unsure:
 
Love the pictures. You are a good looking family!
The trip to California sounds fun. Lot of hours in the car, obviously your hip held out.
Wonderful you found some relief through the injection. Hopefully your energy is improving also.
No cool Cali pics?
@Fractured
 
@Layla Energy is improving but very slow!!! New drone pic... This lil drone is the size of an Iphone. Maviv Air technology is just amazing to me!! Hope everyone is doing well!!
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] THR from hell
    RDAA3691lr.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 250
Ugh! Every time I click on your thread and see that x-ray, I get the heebie jeebies!
Then thankfully once I get to the right page there's a pretty drone image of blue skies and sunshine...Aaaah!
Nice shot! Drone the size of an iPhone.....crazy! technology is amazing.
Great to hear your energy is improving. Even slowly is better than nothing.
You'll get there. Hope your weekend is great!
@Fractured
 
Beautiful just beautiful.
Glad you are feeling some better.
Hope you have a Good Weekend.:) :-) (:
 
I have been following you @Fractured from afar but decided to speak out about the patience issue. I am week 9 post op of my 2nd revision on my right hip after 2 fractures, one pelvic, one femoral. It has been 2 years since I walked unassisted. . .my patience is also very, very thin. I can't imagine the turmoil you've been through. I remember the x-ray and it was chilling. But I can tell you from experience, that patience in this case will see you through to great rewards.
So let Layla and Mojo333 breath down your neck; they will anyway because they want the best for your much earned recovery. I don't imagine flying a drone is a heavy duty thing to do, although as I've never flown one I can't say. But if it is or if you are doing something that hurts or wears you out please stop it until you heal some more. I have learned that at BS it is wise to follow the prescribed program for the best results so it behooves you to learn to be patient. . .no excuses. I've read a whole lot of threads in which folks wish they had not done too much too soon.
Along with everyone else I do hope that there are no new surprises for you and that your recovery continues on successfully. Have a glorious weekend in that sunshine. Push some up this way if you can; winter is too too long up here. And think SUCCESS!
 
@zinnia OMG 2 years?? I shouldn't complain then. It's only been 5 months for me. Thank you for your support. I wish I could send sunshine and healing over to you! I do notice that when the hip and thigh have had enough.... They let me know. I wish you the best and hope we both have a great outcome!! Flying the drone is nothing. The hardest part is bending over to put the drone on the ground...
 
Walked 1.5 miles today! Oh boy will I pay for it later??? Happy Monday!!
 
Happy Monday to you too!
Nice walk you took. :walking: PLEASE consider icing as a preventative measure.
Better safe than sorry :ice: It may just keep you from paying the price.
Hope your week is good!
@Fractured
 
Oh Fractured...must you walk that much.
I know you are oh so tired of it all, but I do worry.
You probably get enough of that from your wife, but add me to your worry list.
Easy does it today, please!
 
@Layla @Mojo333 I did pay the price.... even after icing. I was told not to walk as much at therapy today. I keep hoping I will make the leg stronger. But it look as if its 2 steps forward and 3 steps back. I was told I probably have another 6 months to go! AHHHHhhhhh Tired of limping.
 
Oh darn, I'm so sorry. I can imagine how frustrated you are but you want to get this right.
Another 6 months probably feels like an eternity but after all you've been through, and in the whole scheme
of things....it's not.

That poor leg of yours was traumatized, twice no less, and in short order.
You need to favor it, take care of it, just as you did your precious kids when they were babies.
Your body is working just as it should, with all of its might, trying to heal that trauma that took place.
That's why your energy has been down.

Today you learned that yesterday's walk was too much. So once you feel ready again, instead of walking 1.5 miles, start over by cutting that in half, see how it works, slowly increasing it as your energy allows without it resulting in pain. Then I'd still ice preventatively afterward. I hope the PT is still just gentle stretching. If not..I'd consider spacing out those visits further.

You mentioned limping....are you limping all of the time? My PT helped me with that by teaching me heel-toe walking. Heel strikes the ground first, followed by toes. It takes concentration, at least for me it did, but it works. I still revert back to some sloppy walking at times because I developed some bad habits as my hip was deteriorating. I often need to remind myself at seven months post op. Old habits die hard.

I think I'll take a drive down to Arkansas, Mojo can meet me there, then we'll drive the rest of the way to AZ together. We're coming after you....lookout :heehee: We're gonna get you in line!
 
Hey, a posse has formed.
It would have to be beyond frustrating, @Fractured .
It is super important to keep that thing settled ...
How I'd that going to get well I'd you keep it aggravated.
Your first X-ray made us all lose our breath. Your second X-ray looked good to me.
BEHAVE! I know you are bored but this will hopefully be your forever hip.
Glad you can at least realize and acknowledge that you entered the ODIC.
Best to you this week.
 
Last edited:
I even found heel- toe helped with right hip pain some presurgery
 

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom