Hip Infection THR from hell

Goodmorning... I am taking the pain but need to take 3 advil 3 x's a day. Walking? I can get about 1/8th of a mile and I'm spent. If I do to much I end up with a fever. My bodies way of saying.... Slow Down! The hip implant feel better but the thigh and where the fracture is doesn't! The new Ortho said 6 weeks of therapy and if no improvement he may do a bone scan? Thanks for all the positive thoughts and input!!

@Gone again.. That's what everyone in the forum says. I'm going to take baby steps. No pushing hard. I was back to work from knee replacement in 4 months. I had a physical job too. I use lots of panaway oil and wife massages!! Thanks so much for all the great responses and advice!! It's really nice to have a place where people understand from their own experiences.

Hi @Fractured
I'm worried about you mentioning PT.
Would you consider sharing what your PT entails?
The fever too? Do you take your temp when this occurs or are you just going by
an overall feeling of warmth after exertion?
There are many here who want to see you get this right after all the pain and
suffering you've endured. Some look at PT as though they are an authority figure not
to be questioned. They do have their place but what they prescribe does not always
provide the best result. Please take it easy with the PT.
Wishing you a great weekend!

@Fractured I’m at 3weeks on Monday and can walk around for maby half an hour before I’m done. My thigh and knee are sore and swollen some. My THR was uneventful. So considering what you have been through it sounds like you are doing quite well. I must say I’m surprised there doing therapy with the break. I wish you the best my friend.

@Layla New Therapist says slow no pain therapy. Lots of stretching. If it hurts don't do it. Just like all of you say here in the forum. I laid low over Xmas... And Merry Christmas to all of you as well... I will say I do see a difference. The thigh is still sore but seems a bit better!! I'm just taking it slow.

@Gone again Glad you are doing well! I was shocked as well as having me work the leg so hard with the fracture. If I walked for a half an hour I would be elated!!! But 30 minutes would cause my thigh to lock up! Keep up the great progress!!

My, I'm not any kind of expert but that X-ray looked a sight better to me.
So happy you are on the mend. They have to stretch all that stuff away to get to that bone, makes sense it's just going to hurt and not like being used much after all that trauma.
Wishing you all the best...ditto and double ditto on the PT. I skipped it mostly until months out, then minor gait training etc, and I'm a great walker now at 8 months out. Patience has its payoffs.

Hi @Fractured
Love the new therapist that's not going to put you through rigorous PT.
You'll benefit in the long run for sure.
Keep taking it slow with lots of rest and icing and I'm sure your thigh will continue to improve.
Warm wishes for a great week and a happy healthy 2018!

I did manage to get the drone out for a Christmas pic... Thank you for all your help! Happy New Year!! Let's make 2018 great!

Attachments

• DJI_0093 (2).jpg
    DJI_0093 (2).jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 330
How cool is that!!
Thanks for sharing @Fractured
Warm wishes for a great week and a happy healthy 2018!

I will say this... With all your input and my new therapist.... I was only able to walk about 1.5 blocks or 450 feet 2 weeks ago. All the stretching and resting helped. I walked 6 blocks this morning Almost a mile. I was getting tired but feel great after a short rest and icing. Thanks again!!!

Wonderful news! Slow and steady wins the race.
Rest and icing are so beneficial. Keep it up.
Wishing you a great holiday weekend and a new year of peace and happiness.
@Fractured

Hey @Fractured and frac. Happy New Year, belated. I love the picture.
What am interesting job you have.
You sound like you are ta king it easy and listening to your body.
I know you are trying to work up your stamina and distance gives us a measure...but I used the approach that where I made short distances more often. Then lots of ice between.
Glad you are doing well, hoping 2018 will be our year to heal and get on with pain free life!

@Fractured We haven't heard from you in awhile. How about an update?

@Jaycey Ive been here reading and commenting a bit when I can. I see a little improvement. I started Real Estate Classes. I only take a 4 hour block once or twice a week. To uncomfortable to sit. But I can say I see improvement. My only gripe is why is it taking so long to heal? And why do I get so fatigued so easily. I had a 4 hour class this morning and Im ready to go to sleep. Yesterday went to Costco and that knocked me out?? Hope everyone is doing well!!

@Mojo333 I am taking it easy... It does help. But then I get feeling good and ruin it by over doing it. Its a never ending battle! LOL I want to get out and do so much but I can't. Thanks for checking!!

A four hour class! That would be exhausting to anyone even in the best of health. And Costco!!? I think it’s amazing that you can concentrate that long even if you are exhausted afterwards. It’s definite progress. I know that I can’t think of playing Bridge again for at least 12 weeks because the sessions are 3 1/2 hours long. And thats very exhausting.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
HikerWalker
Recent bookmarks
Back