Guest viewing is limited

Hip Infection THR from hell

Holy Cow.... A year or more for the thigh to heal? YIKES! @Hippielife I have my Part 107 to fly commercially. I cant believe I have to renew it already??? Therapy today, another injection tomorrow to try and calm down the hip flexor. Thanks for all the positive thoughts and advice. Glad you likes the pics!
 
There is no reason for you not to fly, have doctor release and your walking and in no danger for clots in legs. Everyone is different. I flew with compression socks and did just fine. However,I was talking long term in my case for residual pain to heal. It's the bending and sitting to long that can be tricky.

Hope all goes well with the injection and PT.
Have a great day!
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] THR from hell
    image.jpeg
    16 KB · Views: 199
Hope the injection helped.
Hope you are having an easier day.
 
Hi there @Fractured
Hope you're getting some pain relief from the injection.
Hopefully your PT session went well also.
A great rest of the week to you!
 
@ Everyone.. LOL I brainfarted... Check up was yesterday... injection is Friday DUH. Sitting and bending are the biggest 2 obstacles. Went to costco yesterday and that was enough for me!! So therapy tomorrow and an injection following. Can't beat fun! Have a great weekend!!
 
Ask for a SpongeBob bandaid.
Always makes me smile.
Hope that injection helps some.
Wishing you a peaceful Weekend
 
Hey there..
Hope the check up and PT went well.
Hope the injection helps immensely.
Give us a quick update when you're able. You know we're thinking of you.
Hope your weekend is picture perfect. Haha, you like that....PICTURE perfect, hint hint :wink:
@Fractured
 
@ everybody lol... The injection was fun ( NOT) But it relieved some of the pain in the thing. Hip flexor is a bit upset after the 3 pokes with the straw sized needle! LOL I am seeing some improvement! YEA! Relaxing today.. scanning photos for a reception slide show. This will occupy for today! As for me.... Im 56 going on 8. My wife says I'm the son she never had! have a great weekend. Here are some aerials I shot at a wedding last weekend.... Thanks again for all the fun posts and support!!!
[Bonesmart.org] THR from hell
[Bonesmart.org] THR from hell
[Bonesmart.org] THR from hell
 
Hi @Fractured
Glad you're getting some relief. Straw sized needle!! :bolt:
Great pics, beautiful sunset, people having fun :cheers:
I hope your weekend is relaxing and your pain continually lessening.
Keep us in the loop.....:)
 
:tada:good to hear you got a bit of a reprieve from that pain.
What's the range of your flying machine ?
Can you fly it to Georgia for my son's wedding next year.
Those kind of pictures are so unique.
 
@Mojo333 The smaller drone has 2 mile range... the larger has a 4 mile range. Injections are helping but at a snails pace?
 
Just can't imagine how tedious this has been for you.
I think all in all you've been a champion in the way you are handling all with such bravery and showing your children how grace and perseverance look in practice.
My hats off to you, FRACTURED.
 
@Fractured I'm going to take a chance here and step in with a grandmotherly word of caution. Having been through my own fractures, dislocations and now a second revision on the right hip in 2 years plus a number of years on you, Sir, I admonish you to listen to these fine women who have your best interests, as do I, at heart. You are indeed putting your poor new hip through unnecessary trauma with all this pushy walking. And. . .you are walking while still limping? If you limp back off until you no longer do. Instead of letting your body heal in it's own time you are trying to rush it and it will not reward you for that. You are not listening.

I am sorry for the additional 6 months added to your recovery. You are young and able to move more easily through recovery than I am. Take advantage of it, please. It would make me happy if you did. You've come through this misery so far with such courage and calmness. Continue on the same. No need to rush it.

For the sake of your hip, give it a week or two to recover and then start a sensible walking plan as @Layla outlined for you. From here on in, listen to your body, it is talking to you

I hope your next weeks go well. Get in the habit of maybe watching a good movie in the afternoon or reading a good book. Then nap a bit. Believe me, I know the drudgery of it can get you down but you and your body have to go through this recovery together. My best to as you go forward. I wish you well.:dogwalk:
 
Last edited:
Hi @Fractured
I hope your week is going well.
Let us know how that injection is working when you have time.
Hopefully it's giving you some great pain relief.....
Best wishes for a wonderful rest of the week!
 
@zinnia @everybody I took two 4 hour classes back to back on Tues & Weds. The thigh muscle is sore from the 2 15 flights of stairs I climb each day. All In all hip isn't sore but the darn thigh is! Im a couch tater today! Although sitting is still a problem, a recliner isn't, I'm relaxing tomorrow and pretty much all weekend so I don't get into trouble with you ladies LOL! I cancelled therapy tomorrow to just ice and relax!! I hope everybody's week is going great!!
 
Hi @Fractured
I'm happy to hear you're taking it easy. Especially after all the stair climbing you did on Tuesday and Wednesday.
Canceling PT was a smart move. I think you'd be suffering more, had you gone.
I know it's difficult for you to be sidelined but you want to get this right. We want you to get this right!
Hoping that injection has brought some relief...

Wishing you a peaceful relaxing weekend!
 
@ Layla I must of made new muscles... My thigh is very sore. This sitting around stuff is really hard for me!
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom