Guest viewing is limited

Hip Infection THR from hell

I'm so sorry you're still struggling @Fractured
You've been through a lot! All one has to do is go back and look at that
Initial frightening image and realize why this is taking time.

I'm six months post op and I can say with certainty that
I don't feel I could tolerate sitting for 4 hrs in a classroom setting.
I think it would get uncomfortable and I'd get really antsy.

Consider tagging our Nurse Director, Josephine if you have specific
pain questions you are wondering about. I'm sure she'd have some advice for you.
I'd gladly tag her for you but not sure if you're interested at this time.

Warm wishes and prayers for your comfort, continued healing and lots of restorative rest!
 
My only gripe is why is it taking so long to heal? And why do I get so fatigued so easily.
Nothing in this recovery is straight forward. Unfortunately it takes as long as it takes and there is no rushing recovery. The tired part is Energy Drain. Ease off some of this activity and see if a bit more rest, ice and elevation helps.
 
@Jaycey @Layla I had therapy to day at 0930 Arizona time. It's now 1235 and I am ready for bed.
It just frustrates me. I have no endurance or energy? Thank you as always for all your fine advice and kindness!!
 
@Descant coming from I can't sit still long enough to go to the bathroom type person, LOL This is hard for me. I would only sleep 4 to 6 hours a night and go all day like the everyready bunny... Now It's the opposite LOL I sleep 10-12 hours a day and yawn the rest LOL I'm approaching the 5 month mark...
 
The good news.. I did get a lil drone flying in the other day!
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] THR from hell
    DJI_0035.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 308
I had therapy to day at 0930 Arizona time. It's now 1235 and I am ready for bed.
Hips really don't need all that PT. Save your energy! Stop the PT and rest.
The good news.. I did get a lil drone flying in the other day!
Amazing! Great low impact hobby to have in recovery.
 
Technology is grand...especially the medical technology that helps us fix things.
My stamina was still pretty low and can still be sometimes.
I think you have been through alot and that energy is going to the deep healing still in progress.
I'm guessing it will get better and better. Try your best to be patient. I get you are tired of it.
I can still overdo and find I have my limits..:gaah:
Coolest job ever.
 
Hi there @Fractured
I'm happy to see you were having fun with your drone. Cool pic.
Sorry your're struggling. I think it's going to take some time.
Patience is hard to come by in this recovery biz, but get it right and this hip will serve you well.
Best wishes for a relaxing week! The weather there looks beautiful!
 
I met our new family physician today... she is going to do a blood workup for Vit d and what not... she suggested I try Magnesium. If I am low it may cause the sluggishness???
 
Not sure about magnesium. I have had very low vitamin d before and had extreme aches.
 
Hi @Fractured
I would let the doctor do the blood work, listen to any suggestions offered in regard to supplements.
Then consider doing some online research yourself and make a final decision.
Best of luck.....keep us posted!
 
From what I understand, some painkillers and antibiotics can cause magnesium deficiency.
And magnesium deficiency can cause sluggishness.
They're are magnesium rich foods...I know yogurt is one and maybe black beans.
I think my sluggishness came from energy sapped in healing, but the bloodwork will hopefully clear it up for you. I took a multivitamin regularly after surgery as my appetite was sketchy for a while.
 
OK so blood work tomorrow and then more waiting... My favorite thing in the world LOL The 2 pics are what the Doc suggested I try. She gave me samples of both and I ordered them on Amazon. What the heck... worth a try. The second tube that says ULTRA is for pain. She said to rub right on the whole area of the scar.
[Bonesmart.org] THR from hell
[Bonesmart.org] THR from hell
 
How is @Fractured doing these days?
Feeling energized? Or still kind of blah :yawn:
Hopefully things are improving and you're having a decent week.
Shoot us an update if you feel like it....or a new drone photo.
 
@Layla IM a bit more energized... And I mean only a bit. Still get fatigued easily. The thigh is improving but way slower than I would like. At the 5 month mark since TRH replacement. Sitting for long periods of time is still very uncomfortable.... Thanks for thinking of me!!! I shot this last night with the drone... Sunset in AZ
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] THR from hell
    DJI_0055.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 303
Hi @Fractured
I'm happy to hear you're feeling a bit more energized. It's a start. You've been through so much
and your body is trying its hardest to heal and recover, not leaving you much energy for anything else.
The hardest part is the frustration and not being able to rustle up enough patience daily.
Your body is working as it should and trying with all its might to heal the trauma it endured.
Help it along, give into it, rest, sleep when you can. Our bodies do their best healing then.
You'll one day have this behind you. Then it will be....Lookout world, here I come!
Love the sunset....it's so beautiful. Thank you for sharing!!
 
@Fractured
I'm making the rounds on threads I had not followed before and found yours. I am glad to hear your seeing some improvement even if slow. Hopefully your blood work will have some clues. Vit D can be a real issue
Thanks for posting the magnesium gel, I take oral but do know that mg is absorbed better topically. And it is difficult getting adequate lab levels as blood levels can be different than cellular levels? So I'm told.
You've been through so much with your ordeal I'm wishing you healing and less pain.
 
Gorgeous shot. The amazing thing is that picture is one of a kind as it will never be again.
Hope you are feeling better.
 
Again thank you for all the support!! Got all the labs back... everything is perfect except???? Vitamin D?? So I bumped it up a lil taking more Vit D and with all the sunshine here I will sit out a few minutes a day! Thanks ladies!! Have a great day!! Greg
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom