Hip Infection THR from hell

Vitamin d deficiency can really mess with you-I had fatigue and horrible muscle pain. The god news is that the supplements helped rather quickly.

Wonderful news on the labs. Yahoo for you!
Now that you're aware of the deficiency and living in Arizona,
soaking up some rays in the warm sunshine daily should do the trick.
Take it slow while your body's working to heal the leg trauma
and it will soon be "Watch out world....here comes Greg" :happyfeet:
@Fractured

Hope that does the trick. I actually had high Vitamin D levels at last check..I was taking a calcium supplement as I don't drink enough milk or eat alot of calcium rich food...thought it would help with bone formation in healing.
Apparently Vitamin D is prevalent in the supplement for proper absorption of Calcium.
This could be helpful for your healing as well as for your energy...?

Hey @Fractured
That will help, could take a little bit.....depending on how low it was.
But you'd think between the supplement and natural sunshine you'll
be feeling like one of the super hero's in short time.
Go He-Man! :heehee:
Hope your weekend is great!

Sending some good Mojo your way!
:SUNsmile:

You're welcome. :wink:

See.....it's working already.
The start of something good.
You won't need a drone, you'll be flying the skies like Superman!
@Fractured

Went to see my new Surgeon here in AZ., second visit since we moved. He said the hip flexor and the thigh muscles are inflamed. They did another blood work up to make sure there is no infection. ( Last 2 blood work ups were fine ) And on Friday I get cortisone injections. He said the hip looks structurally good but the soft tissue is going to take time? Me... Mr Impatient. Oh Boy!!

I’ve heard soft tissue can take quite some time @Fractured. Very good news hip looks structurally good. Hope blood work remains good. You had a lot of trauma in that leg. Hopefully cortisone helps.

Yes, recovery can help us work on patience.

I get your frustration. Your patience is fractured too :heehee: we need to figure out
how you can chill and let that poor traumatized leg heal. It will get there slowly but
surely. To learn it's structurely sound is the best news! Things are looking up!
Prayers for patience and perseverance.
@Fractured

Glad for the good news...no infection...hip looking good.
Hurry up and wait:gaah:
Behave. So this can get well without further aggravation.
Hope sooner than later.

@Layla @Mojo333

IM not good at sitting still. Not a real good position except zero gravity. I just ordered a new drone so that will have me on my feet. What I am doing is really paying attention to how I walk and sit. Walking slower and walking correctly.... I never thought it would take this long?

I never thought it would take this long?
Every recovery is different. Some take months - others take years. The one thing in common is you just can't rush the healing. Your hip has been through major trauma, multiple times. I know it's very hard to be patient but right now that's about all you can do benefit your healing hip.

:heehee: poor wifey...
Maybe we need to take away your vitamin D so you'll be tired again if you won't chill.
Seriously though, I do realize sitting and laying too much can get really uncomfortable!
This is definitely the hard part.
Sympathy.

@Fractured Hi am just going through threads I've not visited and found yours. I think you are amazing to come through all this. Can't imagine the pain you must have been in but sounds like you're well on track now! Patience doesn't come easily to me either but was something I had to learn LOL. I know how frustrating it can be but you need the rest and so does your poor hip after all it's been through. So glad the vit D has helped you - I take it as well and it's great. Hope to see you progressing over the next few weeks. Happy Healing - Carol

Greg, Greg, Greg, What are we gonna do with you? :heehee:
First you show us a frightening picture, scaring us out of our wits :scary:
Now we have to try and corral you like a wild stallion :fasthorse:

Sitting on an easy chair, soaking in the Vitamin D and playing with your
drone..just not cutting it, huh?

I get it. I'm sure you're bored but you're making progress and we know you want to get it right.
So it's going to take a bit longer.....but you'll soon be free. Slowly but surely, so there are no set backs.
You'll get there. I have faith because I'm praying for your patience.

All the best to you this weekend!
@Fractured

Hope your weekend is peaceful.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
mexicaliaguilas
Recent bookmarks