Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

Sonja, Santa doesn't skip my house, cause at my house I AM SANTA!!! and I told my daughter one year when she wanted to leave out milk and cookies for Santa that Santa likes Crackers and Cheese and Wine! So, at my house she knows what Santa really likes at the end of the night on Christmas Eve. :cheers:

Are you trying to tell me that Santa Clause isn't real????? :yikes: :sleigh:
 
WHAT???? Who said she isn't REAL??? I have the hat and everything! I am very real!!! and learning how to treat me well and care for me, after 50 some years of being a living, breathing doormat!!! Real, real, real!!! And recognizing as a child of the King how very precious and loved I am. And that the King of Kings delights in me...
 
Ok, Santa here is my Christmas list, or BJ Mac! I wish everyone a wonderful Christmas and also thankfulness that our Savior was born so that one day we will be with the King of kings! Jesus, thank you for coming into this world to save us from our sins! You bore the burden so that if we believe in you, we are made as clean as snow! Jesus, I know there are a lot of people out there that are hurting either physically, mentally, or emotionally, maybe even all three. Lord you said you would never leave us, nor forsake us, and I am asking that in this promise, you will reach out o comfort all who seek you. You ARE the reason for the season! Lord, I am not perfect but you love me anyway, and You are my hope, my strength, and my everything! Amen! :merrychr:
 
Early New Year's Resolution.

1. I am going to take one day at a time and savor it! We are never promised a tomorrow!
2. No multitasking in the car, if Bluetooth won't synch BEFORE I leave the driveway, it is not worth driving into a ditch messing with it!
3. My problems are so trivial compared to others. I will be thankful everyday that I am doing something that will help me better myself!
4. School will not be my first priority, my Husband will! I will still put in a great effort from 7:00 am to 6:30 pm, but when he comes home, I'm shutting school down!
5. I am renewing my commitment to getting into the best physical condition of my adult life. The past is the past, I have dealt with it, and I am ready to experience living again!
6. People in my life will see even more that I am ready for the next step in my life. I am ready to travel, and go on a cruise, without crutches!
7. Lord give me the strength to make the changes I want to see in everyone else, be the changes in me instead! I am working on less judgmental, and more loving!
 
I am finished with school for the semester!:happydance: I think I even have a chance of pulling an A out of the business side so I am excited! Right now, my grade is a 93.55 so I am on pins and needles!:)

I went today and had an extra session with Felice my personal trainer! When I leave I am a mess of sweat, but oh boy the feeling after is complete elation! I love working out! I am going tomorrow to work out again! It is so addictive!:happydance:

Oh, and the facilitator asked me to join Linked in a professional website! That in itself is an honor. She works in Washington as a negotiator for the pharmaceutical companies. What a great contact to have!:yahoo:
 
Proud of you Sonja, to pull off an A after dealing with your knee and your complications is amazing. Also, great job and getting in those good workouts.
 
Sonya, Glad to hear school is over! I hope you feel a great sense of accomplishment going to school at the same time as coping with all of your knee issues. Congratulations!
 
Debbie, I am on cloud 9! I used to exercise because I had too, and I didn't look at it as fun! I did enjoy running up and down the Basketball court though. I have this sense of when I shoot or anyone else shoots whether it is going to go in or not! I was always in the right place to grab the rebound, because I knew from the shot, which way it would go! I can watch NBA basketball, and I still know. Strange huh!

Now, I am putting all my dormant athletic skills into getting back into shape and I am loving it! :happydance:
 
Sonya, That is great that you are loving the exercise, just don't get unhealthily addicted to it. I know people who are, and they get injured all the time as they don't know when enough is enough. Remember, to have balance in your life!
 
Hi! Natalie I am so glad to see you! Questions, when it slips out is it painful, of course the answer is probably yes!
Can you put it back in and does the pain stop?

Is your knee giving way, or is it the kneecap. Two different situations with different remedies. I have had both, and although I don't enjoy the kneecap sliding on me, I am glad that is what mine is, because the replacement coming loose means another revision! :scary:

NatalieMeadows
Sorry I'm so late to answering this its just my knee cap and the only way it goes back is with the suction of the brace I can't get it back alone and it hurt like the hell the first time it did now its doing it every day I just scream a little bit!!
 
Well..... The verdict is in! I have to continue to go to therapy to strengthen my vastus medial oblique! I am getting a patella brace. :happydance: I told him I wanted to start doing walking on my own but that I could not trust the brace I have now! They did x-rays, and my kneecap was off to the side! :groan: I told him about my leg refusing to turn when I was in bed and that my husband had to turn it for me! He said, I have never heard that before, because it has an 18 degree radius to turn! I said "tell that to my knee, because obviously it can do it! :yahoo: I told him I was a special case, so he should expect that I was going to be "different!" :rotfl:
He smiled real big and then tried to call the manufacture guy, to see if this had happened to anyone else. I'll call Amy next week to find out! Maybe they will put me in the Guinness book of World records! :wink: :rotfl:

Oh, I went to Frisco to say Hello to all of the PT and OT therapists! They ALL remembered me, even though I am shy! :blush:
Snap we must be wearing the same brace!!!
 
What is is referring to is nerve endings at the end of he muscle die and a little piece starts to die, then another one. I do remember that from my anatomy course. :happydance:

Yes, I exercise a lot, but I favor my right leg, everyone can see me limping. My husband said he didn't think PT was doing me any good!
Now, I know that's not true! :headbang:
And my former surgeon says PT will never ever do me any good but after the kneecap slipping the OS I saw said my muscles were wasting away :(
 
Natalie, that is why we need to get you to a doctor who believes in you and can do something to give you your life back! :happydance:
 
Sonya, That is great that you are loving the exercise, just don't get unhealthily addicted to it. I know people who are, and they get injured all the time as they don't know when enough is enough. Remember, to have balance in your life!

Felice is in tune with what I can do or not! She works at the physical therapy center I go to, and she is every bit as diligent about making sure that we are not doing anything that will hinder the knee recovery! :happydance:
 
Sonja you are awesome! All that you accomplish while your knee cap is out taking a vacation! No way have I been focused enough to do anything academic during my recovery. I am so excited that you are so excited about working out!!!! Good for you!
My new years resolution is to limit my work hours down to my paid hours. I get paid for 8 but always work longer, often 10 and even 11, 12. Can't do that to myself anymore!
Kudos to Sonja for your resolutions! They are good ones!
 
Hello Everyone! :)

Dr. Povis, my IS told me today that we are looking at a lifetime regimen on antibotics. She is cutting back the amount, but she said that after she had spoken with Dr. Maale, she understood why I would need them. She is cutting back to one Bactrim a day, and then she will keep tabs on me. I will have bloodwork every six weeks. I am glad we are cutting the dosage in half, and the probiotics are doing an excellent job of keeping c-diff at bay! :happydance:

I also got my grade for the course! A 94.8 yippee :happydance:
 
Back
Top Bottom