Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

Sonja, you are the champion my friend, 94.8! You go girl!:thumb: All your issues with c-diff and capsie and you still pulled it off! Great genes in our family, huh! congratulations my dear1:yahoo:
 
I'm glad you are doing so well, you deserve it after all you've been through.

I just got to thinking about my (future) TKR's and as I was reading through your journey something came to mind. The doctor told me my kneecaps were deteriorating from the backside out. I guess I didn't think of it, but does that mean I get new kneecaps? Did you get new kneecaps that won't stay in place? I know it's really a dumb question but I wonder, do TKR's come with new kneecaps or do people keep their own kneecaps?
:scratch: :what:
 
I think they replace the cartilage on the inside of the kneecaps but you keep the boney outside.
 
[Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3
Sonja! You may go straight to the head of the class!! Know you worked hard and earned that grade. You can be very proud of yourself. [Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3
 
I'm glad you are doing so well, you deserve it after all you've been through.

I just got to thinking about my (future) TKR's and as I was reading through your journey something came to mind. The doctor told me my kneecaps were deteriorating from the backside out. I guess I didn't think of it, but does that mean I get new kneecaps? Did you get new kneecaps that won't stay in place? I know it's really a dumb question but I wonder, do TKR's come with new kneecaps or do people keep their own kneecaps?
:scratch: :what:
What was supposed to happen was that he screwed a fake kneecap on the prosthesis. When he got in there he decided to resurface mine, because he had to shorten the VMO muscle. The muscle on the inside of the knee. Then he told me it would take time to get the muscle to respond! It is starting to respond!:happydance:
 
OK update..... Katie took my second crutch away from me today. She said it was time for that muscle to work harder! :happydance: She also upped everything i am doing, so I am tired by the end. Well after Katie came Felice! Felice worked me harder than last week! They all are helping me renew my New Year's resolution to get in the best physical shape of my life!:yes!:
 
:happydance:
Congratulations, Sonya. You're a super-hero! :dancy:
Celle, nope not a superhero! The credit belongs to God; He is the one who is piloting my life!

Thanks for the compliment though. That made me happy and proud again of all that has been accomplished so far!

Look out world, " The Shy One" is doing great! :yahoo:
 
Well, I have some sad news to report. I came in from exercising yesterday to find my husband crying! One of his friends who was 28 died in a life flight to Dallas. He had developed infection, and he had asthma so bad that the doctors said wouldn't live to see 30. We also found out that they are putting shunts in one of our friends. She will start dialysis. Pat took the news of both of the people very hard. I came home and wrapped him in my arms and let him talk. The doctors at MD Anderson told my husband with the mess up that happened with Chemo that he would be lucky if he lived until he is 50. He is 44 now. I told him doctors don't know, only God does! Please keep us in your prayers as Pat is really down. Wanda is a friend of mine, and I hate to see her going on dialysis, but I am staying strong for Pat.
 
Sonja,
My heart goes out to you and Pat, such a big loss for both of you. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
:angel:
 
Awe Sonja! :console2: All very hard news to handle for hubby and you, I am so sorry you both have to go through this! You are right God will help you both through my friend! I pray for the best for hubby and your friend, and you stay well my friend! :angel:
 
Sonja,
Know that all my prayers go to you and Pat, and of course your friends. With your tremendous faith in God you will pull through. Give extra hugs to Pat for he needs them right now.
 
So sorry to hear that Pat's friend died and that your friend has to have dialysis. I am not sure if I understand what you are saying. Did/does Pat have cancer? What got messed up? So sorry I guess I missed something here. I am praying for you and Pat.
 
Back
Top Bottom