Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

How weird! Wrote a whole post and then the smilies covered it up and it went "poof"

Anyway, I am doing well bottomshollow thanks for asking! Katie and I have been together for over two years now! Today when she reminded me of my goals, and no dessert, she was reminding me how far I have come. She and Felice, my new personal trainer work at the same place so now Katie can pay extra attention to what is going on.

These people at the rehab have become almost like family! They scold me when they don't think I am doing my best; and it's true somedays I try to be lazy. No, no, no! Not with my "family" on the beat! :happydance:
 
LOL:rotfl: , come on over, we will volunteer you for the Adult Day Club after your sessions, they love to laugh:giggle: .
Pumpkin is a vegetable, what is the problem. Skip the crust and there you go. :ok:

Thanks! I will mention that to Katie tomorrow! :heehee:
 
Hi no, hi no, it's off to Maale's I go! I am hoping that Dr. Maale will write a prescription for a brace today! I want to feel stable enough that I can get out of the house and go on long walks! Right now, the kneecap slips under the brace because the brace is worn out so I can't predict when it will slip! I am ready to start living without worrying about a danged kneecap! We take it off for most of the exercises in PT, except for the alter-g. :happydance:
 
By the way Pumpkln, I mentioned your suggestion to Katie, and she said, well that would be better than pecan pie! :happydance:
 
Pumpkin pie is better than no pie.:snork: A client brought in sweet potato pie yesterday, it was way too sweet, it upset my stomach.:rolleyes: I always cut the sugar back by half or more for Pumpkin pie, it is still delicious.
Hope you receive you new knee brace ASAP, keep Capsie in its place!:bicycle2:
 
Sonya, I hope you get the prescription! Treadmills are great, but it so so much more fun being outside. Good luck!
 
Well, my appointment is at 2:00 so I will know in an hour and 45 minutes, what Dr. Maale decides!:happydance:
 
Good luck Sonja! Come on use that shy charm on the doc, he won't be able to resist but to see it your way my friend! :angel:
 
Well..... The verdict is in! I have to continue to go to therapy to strengthen my vastus medial oblique! I am getting a patella brace. :happydance: I told him I wanted to start doing walking on my own but that I could not trust the brace I have now! They did x-rays, and my kneecap was off to the side! :groan: I told him about my leg refusing to turn when I was in bed and that my husband had to turn it for me! He said, I have never heard that before, because it has an 18 degree radius to turn! I said "tell that to my knee, because obviously it can do it! :yahoo: I told him I was a special case, so he should expect that I was going to be "different!" :rotfl:
He smiled real big and then tried to call the manufacture guy, to see if this had happened to anyone else. I'll call Amy next week to find out! Maybe they will put me in the Guinness book of World records! :wink: :rotfl:

Oh, I went to Frisco to say Hello to all of the PT and OT therapists! They ALL remembered me, even though I am shy! :blush:
 
:yay: Sonja! Your positive visit has a negative content (kneecap to the side), and the doc not knowing why your leg would not turn in bed without hubbies help to turn it. He also should have known by now that you, my dear are a very special case, being shy and all! :heehee:
All in all things look good for you to get a new brace! :thumb: And, hopefully your doctor will find out why your leg doesn't turn like it should, while in bed.

Please keep us updated!
 
Sonja is this going to be a Capsie Miracle Bra type thing? So what do you mean you can't turn your leg in bed, such as when we roll over? I can't believe he got right on it like that. That's super. What do you mean you went to Frisco? You just got int he plane and visited your old PT and OT? You are a jet setter!!! Not a surprise!
 
My leg the bottom half decided it was tired so it stayed in the down toes pointed to the floor while the rest of my body had turned to be face up. My hubby turned it until we heard a click/pop, and then he repositioned the kneecap! :happydance:
 
Sonja. Sorry I couldn't get with you. We're leaving for CA early tomorrow and I had an awful lit of stuff to do. Maybe next time!

Agree with Jackie that you are a "special case"! I still have to work my VMO! Pesky muscle.
 
Sonja. Sorry I couldn't get with you. We're leaving for CA early tomorrow and I had an awful lit of stuff to do. Maybe next time!

Agree with Jackie that you are a "special case"! I still have to work my VMO! Pesky muscle.

I will return in March! :happydance:
 
Sonja is this going to be a Capsie Miracle Bra type thing? So what do you mean you can't turn your leg in bed, such as when we roll over? I can't believe he got right on it like that. That's super. What do you mean you went to Frisco? You just got int he plane and visited your old PT and OT? You are a jet setter!!! Not a surprise!

Just a longer brace, with metal on both sides of the knee when I am not in therapy. That way, I can get out a lot more and walk. Temps here are in the 60 to 70 range now, so it is a perfect time to walk! :happydance:
 
Back
Top Bottom