Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

No, I am still at the hotel in Wichita Falls, TX. We had Thanksgiving with my husband's relatives and my kneecap was very naughty! It slipped out twice, causing me great pain and lots of tears! The long ride in the SUV took a toll on it, and it is letting me know!

I hope you are feeling well, because my knee will recover, it just needs rest! :)

Woah! Honey, you are having trouble with that naughty kneecap..

You need to give it a D & M !

Aussie term for deep and meaningful talk :)

Concerned about your trip back now for you!
 
Yes, Katie is my PT. she and I have been together for 2 years trying to mend from three surgeries on the right knee! :)
 
Well Poppit, I will give it a good D & M or talking to! I have already been talking to it a lot but since it doesn't know "the Aussie style". Maybe it will get scared and straighten up! I'm not looking forward to the trip home either, because we are going to stop at Possum Kingdom, to look at a house. After the 1st of the year, I might be moving closer to Dallas. Not exactly what I would hope for, but we will see.
 
Sonja, you don't sound too excited about a possible move. I have only had to move twice since getting married 37 years ago. First time after a year of marriage I didn't even have to lift a finger. I was in the hospital for 8 days after having a difficult delivery and infection. So came home with a new baby to a different house. But it was nice, my MIL put everything away for me. Then the second time was after 25 years of marriage and 3 kids and a lot of stuff. Good time to throw everything away.
 
Yes, maybe so, but then we would be 6 1/2 hours from Mom and 5 from BIL Ronnie. I am so shy that I would have a hard time making new friends. :blush: :whistle:
 
Ok, I have made a decision, when I go on vacation, Katie comes with me! Two times today that darned knee slipped out on me at Pat's relatives reducing me to tears! :gaah:

Then Eric, a cousin was talking to his daughter after she had pushed her hand against the car. He asked her if her heart was hurting, and she said no! He said, "well if your hearts not hurting your hand is a long ways from your heart so it should be fine! I went around the corner and started laughing, thinking well my heart doesn't hurt so my knee shouldn't hurt!
Sonja this is what mine seems to have done :(
 
Hi! Natalie I am so glad to see you! Questions, when it slips out is it painful, of course the answer is probably yes!
Can you put it back in and does the pain stop?

Is your knee giving way, or is it the kneecap. Two different situations with different remedies. I have had both, and although I don't enjoy the kneecap sliding on me, I am glad that is what mine is, because the replacement coming loose means another revision! :scary:

NatalieMeadows
 
Sonja and NatalieMeadows, when your kneecaps pops out, does it help when someone pulls on your leg? My son had ACL and ACL surgery and it was fixed for awhile but then it popped out again and he has been just waiting to do another sugery. When he was home out tracking in the woods it popped out again and he laid on the floor and had his brother pull hard on his leg and it popped back in. My other son even heard it pop back in. Just wondering if that is what you guys have to do.
 
Debbie, if I am by myself, I grip the kneecap with one hand, and push inward until I hear that pop! If it is my husband, he listens carefully to my instructions depending on the severity of the dislocation! That way I don't have to use "Code" words! :rotfl:
 
Well.. Good news today! I am officially the owner of a new cell phone! :happydance: I missed my phone in some ways, but getting this new Apple5 makes me feel a whole lot better! :happydance:

What I have going through in my mind today might suddenly make sense as to how I "lost" my cellphone! We were at the back of the plane and the last two out, and the flight attendant made a big deal about bringing my crutches to me. When Mom said she would get them, the flight attendant refused her offer. Mom was already in the process of walking up there when she said I will take the crutches to her. I have one of those crutch pockets that you can store stuff in. I put my cellphone in there while we were waiting to board. I forgot to take it out. This morning was the final time I checked with the airport. I am not one who usually suspects anything. Now, since it keeps flying, I have drawn the conclusion that the flight attendant has it. Oh well, it will still scream I'm stolen I'm stolen, so if she tries to take it to any place to change it into her name, it is already red flagged as stolen and then she will be in trouble! :happydance:
 
Katie wants Dr. Maale to order a different type of brace. One that will increase stability! :happydance:

Right now, I welcome that idea with open arms! :happydance:
 
Yay for new phone, boooo for lost phone and flight attendant! I hope you are able to get the new brace and it gives you more stability and less kneecap slipage, that would be a Christmas in itself! Good luck my friend!
 
Glad to hear you have a new phone. But like Jo I would love to be there when the old one screams! LOL Sorry to hear the kneecap is still giving you grief and hope the brace helps. Hugs to you my friend!
 
I am with Jo and Nanners, I would love to be there when the old phone screams. :rotfl:

Yay, for your new phone, even though you weren't planning on getting a new one...
 
[Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3
Hi! Sonja, I see you're still getting in all kinds of mischief and having crazy things happen to you. How "lost" were you without your phone is the real question here! I've missed all the antics---will have to go back and see everything that's been going on since I've been off the forum. Have missed you and all my BoneSmartie friends these post couple of months. Take care, you'll be hearing from me again.
[Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3
 
Well, yesterday I almost went to see my Heavenly Father! People are coming from everywhere invading Midland because of the oil! One state, and I won't name it, has forgotten to teach their youngesters what a YIELD sign is, or maybe he just slept through the driving courses.
When I turn on the access road to go home there is a stop light. It was green, but about 25 feet from it is a rounded bend merge lane. They are supposed to watch for traffic and then proceed. Well I was driving and all of the sudden I felt the urge to slow down. The light had been green so I was doing 50 the speed limit in that area! All of a sudden a pickup came around the bend in the merge, and I put my foot down hard on the brake! He flew through about 50 mph without even looking! If I hadn't had that nudge, he would have t-boned me! As it was I just barely missed him! :gaah: :scare:

Disclaimer: during this rant :wink: the name of the state that could have been tattooed in the side of my car remained nameless! We have lots of wild drivers too...... :rotfl:
 
Back
Top Bottom