Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

Hope the brace helps you to get out and about again. Big hugs to my little shy friend with the wierd bending legs:)

I told Dr. Maale I was his protege! :happydance: He only accepts the hardest cases and when I first started seeing him, I was so sick with MRSA leftovers! I was down and despondent. When I was there yesterday, I saw several people who were in the shape I was when I first met Dr. Maale! Mom reminded me of how thankful I should be that he accepted me! What I am truly grateful was that God lead me to the right doctor! :happydance:

I am back home and I handed Katie my prescription for a patella stabilizer, and she immediately started looking through the catalog for "models". She will talk to Chris on Monday about the four that she found, and let me know when I go to therapy! :happydance:

I also gave her the new prescription, and I hadn't read it. When they made a copy it says full weight bearing! Katie told me that I would need to leave the number that she decides on alone in the alter-g. I said, if it is hurting I will bring the number down! Mine is no longer a question of gaining ROM or extension, mine is strengthening the inside of my leg to get the pesky knee to stay in place! When Dr. Maale did x-rays the kneecap was off to the side. He told me that they had to remove so much tissue and debride so much, because the previous bout of MRSA had ravaged the stuff around my knee. He also said he had to shorten the muscle so I am not the typical patient! I said "what's typical about me?" :rofsign: He has developed quite a sense of humor since I started going to him! He came in the room three different times to explain things, and when I asked if he had a model or picture of the Legion HK knee, he pointed to the x-rays and laughed! :) I'm getting him warmed up NatalieMeadows for you!

Sincerely, "The Shy One":blush:
 
[Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3
Sorry to be the bearer of such bad tidings, Sonja. This is what happens when a "shy" girl is less than honest!!!

Love ya, Judy [Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3 RestAssured
 
Well Judy,

I have always found myself to be honest! i can say I am shy when I am sleeping!:happydance:
 
Hello Sonja! I've been off the forum for awhile. Has your doctor ever mentioned wiring your patella. I was in a car accident, patella was broken and wired together. Also when patella tendon was torn wired back in place. Although I am sure you are not interested in another surgery.
 
Hello Vicki! Good to see you again. :) Katie measured me for a new brace yesterday, and we are going to increase the intensity on PT. yesterday was the first day that the muscle started working enough for me to do a leg lift! :happydance:

I did 7 before the VMO muscle pooped out! Progress! :happydance:
 
Peek a boo! oh shy one!

Long time since I popped on over to the knee girls (and boys) ... How are you all ?

I have a set of warrior hippies that keep me on my toes at the moment.. Lots of fun going on :)
 
Hey Sonja.... Me thinks we should go raid Judy's secret stash of images... How does she do it!

You are such a treasure Judy bottomshollow
 
I keep looking for some Christmas smilies like we had last year, for now will make do with this.:hissy: What no Christmas smilies.
 
Unfortunately Judy's images do not function the same on the Ipad. Copying the image only resorts to a still of it and it goes in the photo library, and you cannot copy it from one place to a post. At least is how it is on the Ipad 2, don't know about the newer ones. I suppose if I want to use all those adorable kitty smilies I will have to get on my laptop!
 
I thought it was just my ineptitude on the iPad, Lisa! Glad to know others have tried it too. But I definitely am jealous if those great things she does. Then again, if we all had "the power," Judy's might not seem quit so special.
 
Jebsw, I have gotten so addicted to the Ipad that I rarely turn my laptop on, mostly when I have to do financial stuff. But you are right, Judy definitely has "the power" and she sure finds great ones!
 
Me too, total iPad junkie! And Angry Birds apps have helped me recover, thank you very much ... I have ten (yes, ten) versions of the game. (I'd put a picture of an angry bird here, but as I'm on the iPad, I can't.)
 
Jebsw, I never could get the hang of Angy Birds but I did a lot of Sudoku, FreeCell and Bingo! Definitely helped pass the time.
 
IPad junky here also. I have a laptop, and a desktop, but spend most of my "down" time on the iPad! :happydance:
 
I have a Dell laptop and a MacBook Pro and the Ipad. I am in the process of installing Parallels and Windows on the Mac so I can get rid of the Dell as it is old. But the Ipad became my favorite while convalescing as I could lie with my leg up, an icepack on it, Elanor on my lap and the Ipad next to her. Just like we are doing now! :spin:
 
I have a Dell laptop and a MacBook Pro and the Ipad. I am in the process of installing Parallels and Windows on the Mac so I can get rid of the Dell as it is old. But the Ipad became my favorite while convalescing as I could lie with my leg up, an icepack on it, Elanor on my lap and the Ipad next to her. Just like we are doing now! :spin:
What a pretty quilt! I am going to send all of the old big t-shirts to my cousin, and she is going to make them into a quilt!:happydance:
 
Sonya, T-shirt quilts are a lot of fun, although never made one myself. Glad you like my quilt! I got these little Batik animal figures on squares of fabric at one of our quilt shows and decided to make some wall hangings. This picture was taken at one of our quilt retreats that we go on twice a year.
 
I keep looking for some Christmas smilies like we had last year, for now will make do with this.:hissy: What no Christmas smilies.

Yes, I think we should raise the roof! Wait a minute if we did that Santa might have a hard time finding me. As everyone knows, I have been extremely good this year! :giggle:

Ok, Josephine, Jamie, RichardRobins, where are our Christmas smilies?????? :snork:
 
Back
Top Bottom