Guest viewing is limited

THR Spring in my step

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh dear Kim22 Poor OS! Unfortunate for him and all of his patients that he broke his arm. I wonder how he did it?
You know, a different OS, though, may be a good thing. Fresh new perspective, different point of view... He may give you some new answers. You may even like him as much as your other OS, or better. You never know. I don't see it as a bad thing. I just hope they schedule you in before too long so you don't have to wait.
 
Hi, Kim22. I'm so sorry about your OS, especially for YOU and his other patients. I am sorry for your aches and pains, but am so impressed with what all you have done to alleviate them and wish you all the best with your upcoming checkup. Yes, a list of questions is the way to go. (I tend to forget to do that.) I know what you mean about feeling you've aged with this whole thing. Please take care and let us know how you are doing.
 
Thank you ByGosh and Peaches To be honest with you I will be glad to see any OS since I haven't seen any of them since my surgery on 18th March.The list of questions just keeps on growing.The groin is still troublesome but there has been a little improvement but I have general muscle aches in both legs today. I feel I could benefit from a long soak in the bath but don't feel I would be able to get out safely at the moment.
 
Hi ByGosh However I had a phone call from the hospital this afternoon cancelling my appointment as my OS has a fractured arm.Poor guy I also feel sorry for the patients whose operations will be cancelled. They will rearrange the appointment but it maybe with another OS
@ Kim22, so glad you are in this side of the process and not waiting for surgery. I think that ByGosh is correct about the surgery causing inflammation that probably will cause the muscle pains we get so easily afterwards. I think the massaging helps it feel good for a while but bottom line it takes time for those muscles to settle down. I went to PT yesterday and she worked on my sore muscles and gave me some new exercises and showed me a really easy way to get down on the floor and back up again...if anyone is interested I can write details on my thread.
 
Kim, what a great update. Look at the list of things you can do now! :happydance: Continue to take your time with those tendons/muscles. They'll come around soon enough. Sounds like you had a great outing as well!

Bummer about your OS, I know he's frustrated with the situation.
 
Kim22 You are doing so well!! :) Yeah, really too bad your OS broke his arm. There must be a story behind that one... But whoever you see will do right by you. :)
 
Hi zauberflöte You are right there will be a story behind his broken arm I have heard he is a rugby player and he is certainly built like one so that might have had something to do with it.I will be grateful to be reviewed by any of the team now.I hope you are dong well but will checkout your thread
 
Hi Kim, sorry about your OS but as ByGosh says you may get an even better one. I wasn't pleased to hear that you have muscle / joint pain, but was relieved as I have the same. My knee on my non-operated leg hurts and my buttock on my operated side feels as if I'm sitting on a brick! I just feel generally very stiff. My husband is getting tired of looking at my legs / hips to see if there is anything happening that shouldn't be! I now feel reassured when I've read that this can be down to walking differently post THR and using muscles I haven't used properly for months due to the bone on bone pain pre-op. Thanks ByGosh and sandybeach. I feel a lot less worried now ( and have stopped crying) Best wishes Ros
 
Hi Nylsor I know what you mean it's reassuring when you find others with similar problems to ourselves. I am generally aching on both sides today and the knee pain switches from side to side but luckily never in both at once.Glad to hear you are feeling better
 
Kim22 I just wanted to let you know I'm with you on the muscle pain on both sides and all over is what I'm having too....what's going on? Is it that we are waking up all different muscles and they are complaining? Yesterday my legs and arms ached. A soak in a hot tub does sound lovely, maybe tonight I will do that with some lavender fragrance. I hope you get to feeling better real soon. I'm gonna mow some grass today on a riding lawnmower so I better get to it.
 
Kim22 sandybeach Nylsor Yeah, what's going on? Yesterday was a bad day for me again, too. Must be the way the planets are aligned, or the stars, or is it a full moon??! :hissy: Gee, when will this go away?

Nylsor There is a link to acupressure massage that may help the tight buttock muscle. sandybeach explained it to me and Kim22,also. I have been doing it on my thighs, and it has helped the soreness that was there since post op. If you search for acupressure in the forum, you should find the link. If I locate it, I'll post it for you, and maybe you'll be able to open it. Also, everyone swears by Arnica cream, which you can get at a drugstore. It has natural anti-inflammatory and healing properties in it. It's supposed to help sore and injured muscles. I wonder if your gluteus muscle is very tight, maybe even in spasm, and if heat and massage would loosen it up? If you tag Josephine, I bet she can help you with it. Or if I can locate any info on the massage technique on my thread or someone else's I'll be sure you get it.
The knees, boy it seems our poor knees really take a hit when the hips act up! I was told that strengthening the quad muscle in the front of the thigh helps because it better supports the weight and takes some of the stress off of the knee. Also, the old shoes we had pre-op are not supposed to be any good for us post-op once our walk is different. If you walk alot in old shoes, maybe they should be replaced. I always iced and elevated my knee when it gave me pain. Sometimes knee pain is really referred pain from the hip, too.
 
Kim22 ByGosh sandybeach Okay ladies I was asking my physical therapist about the groin pain and the said muscle. She was curious to know what approach each of you had. She also, did say it could take some time to get better but it will get better and massaging is a good thing. See my hippy friends I even go asking questions for you. I've always believe that knowledge is power.
On another note last night and this morning I had some sore muscles. I did some stretches and started feeling pretty good. But I got thinking what the heck did I do yesterday to get them upset. Well lets see I did some housework (with breaks in between), in home exercises, drove 80 round trip to see the OS, walked into the office from my parking spot (not a very long distance), then went to horseshoe club for a couple of hours mainly sat in a lawn chair but again I did do some walking there too. No damn wonder you add all that little stuff up muscles become unhappy....Now don't worry I am feeling great after some PT and my own stretches. After all I need to wake these guys up if I'm going back to work in 2 weeks. Speaking of that I stopped by school today was great to visit with everyone. People commented on how well I looked, like no pain on my face.
 
ByGosh -Hee, hee I LOVE shoes and now I can justify buying some more. I've just told my husband and he's cringing at the thought .
Yes - I had terrible pain in my right knee pre THR - my OS confirmed it is referred pain. Disappeared completely after surgery.
 
Liveringer, that's so thoughtful to ask about us:yes!: I am getting pains all over in my upper legs sometimes it's hard to locate them. A couple exercises that seem to help me is laying flat on the bed and stretching my legs as long as I can, one at a time, and holding for 5 seconds....the other is laying flat, bring your bent at the knee leg up to your chest as close as you can anyway, use a belt to hold your leg and keep the other leg flat and hold for 30 seconds. As you hold your leg up, get rid of the the belt and hold your leg with your hands and push your leg against your hands, giving resistance, and then pull your leg towards you, you should be able to get your leg come to down closer to your body. Let me know if these exercises help....good luck.
 
Liveringer That's very thoughtful of you to ask questions on our behalf! :) Thank you. It's helpful to get other opinions. Definitely not giving up on the massage, or the hope it'll resolve!
Also, good of you to post your sore muscles and the cause. I think it helps others to look at their own activities if they have soreness or aches, so they won't get too upset about it. Glad it's better after you did your stretches and exercises. You go, girl! :yay:

Nylsor...Oh no, now I've started something with the new shoes! I think you might really use that to your advantage..But somehow, I think your hubby looks like he'll let you indulge yourself.:) Those hubbys, they've sure been great around here, from shoes to dishes!
 
sandybeach I am already doing the said exercises that you speak of but the reason for mine is ROM not for groin pain. These exercises the physical therapist works with me on and now she has implimented them into my home exercises the days I do not go to therapy. Which I do religiously, I was told by many before surgery is not to cheat PT. I personally think it helps a ton.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom