Guest viewing is limited

Amputation Left Above-Knee Amputation, 22 April 2025

My roommate works for the Soldier Support Center at Ft. Lee, Va. She said that it is extremely difficult to past the Ranger course and the last week is the worse. When I told her that your son had lost over 30 pounds, she understood why! You should be proud. I see your son is a 'chip off the old block'! You are a good example for him!
 
Happy Autumn eve, WFD!
I hope you've been doing well since we last heard from you. I am looking forward to the change in seasons after the l-o-n-g hot Summer. How about you?
Have a great week and end of September!
@WFD
 
Hi @Layla ,

Thanks for checking in. Things are well with me and with my family.

It is nice to have cooler weather. I no longer sweat like pig during my paddling workouts. I do them early in the morning on a local river, the Merrimack. There is a lot of wildlife to be seen first thing on the morning - a few weeks ago I had a bald eagle leap into the air from a low tree branch right in front of me - it was quite a sight. I am less than hour from Boston, and this kind of sighting would be unheard of when I was a kid.

Training is going well, though progress requires a lot more work than it did when I was young, especially for a sprint event.

Soon it will be getting cold and I’ll have to train in a wetsuit and then a dry suit, which is not much fun.

I hope all is well with you and yours.
 
morning - a few weeks ago I had a bald eagle leap into the air from a low tree branch right in front of me - it was quite a sight.
Amazing! So glad to hear you are doing well and back to the things you love.
 
It's nice to hear from you, WFD. Good to know you and your family are thriving...and thank you, all is well on my end also.

I'll bet those early morning nature sightings are interesting. Watching and hearing the world come to life after a long dark night. Not anything I ever witness from the quiet of my bed, lol.

The training sounds like a lot of work, but I know you're determined so we're rooting for you to meet your goals and hope you don't mind the check-ins to say, Hi and see what you're up to. It always interesting to hear from you and good to know you're able to engage in the things you have a passion for. Until next time, wishing you the best in all!
@WFD
 
There is a lot of wildlife to be seen first thing on the morning - a few weeks ago I had a bald eagle leap into the air from a low tree branch right in front of me - it was quite a sight.
I would have been thrilled to see that! I occassionally see bald eagles around here. It always brightens up my day. Every year I have deer with their babies grazing in my back yard. What a joy to witness something so graceful and beautiful! God's creatures can be so uplifting!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom