THR Shrinkette Has Arrived!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Birthday:) Praying that each day will be better and better for you.
 
Hi Ellen. I am sorry you had such a rough start. I think many of us can empathize. I am glad to read that things are improving.
 
Sweetie, happy birthday! And it is...You're moving your leg. You're getting control. You're on your way....I see a big difference in your posts already. Love it!

Sharon
 
@shrinkette...I had to read 3 pages to posts to catch up. Sorry you have had such a rough go of it...as I read I went from almost tears to smiling at the progress you are making!! Happy birthday my dear!! My birthday is tomorrow the 2nd, had no idea we had birthdays that close. I really can't top all of the advise I have seen and read but know my heart is with you and hopes that each day brings improvement.

Hugs
Donna
 
Happy birthday! Glad you are pushing through! Way to go Ellen! It takes time. My mom who is 86 had a rough first week. She's now home and feeling better than she has in a long time! Come on foot wake up ;). Peace and happiness Ellen!
 
adding my birthday wishes and hopes for steady improvement. sometimes the increments seem to be so small, but at least they're happening. It's been really sobering to read about all the challenges so many people have been having here. I'm experiencing some low back pain, which is small stuff in comparison. (read a lot about it on this wonderful site). so here's to you:cheers:. nothing is too small to report.
 
Still no feeling in top of foot (instep area) or in bottom (sole). Can't feel bottom of foot when I stand on it. Possibility I may get a brace to support ankle. Orthotist came last night, but I said let's hold off a bit. He suggested some bed exercises, which I've done. Using leg lifter to help pull leg up as many have done for
"cerent leg", but numbness is something else entirely. I thought maybe I was able to raise foot slightly off bed last night; I'll have to see how things go today. Maybe I sounded better yesterday... Just don't know what's happening. Confused somewhat. Numbness makes walking on walker difficult. More later. Taking blood now.
 
Oh I was so hoping you would have had more improvement than that

Try to keep your spirits up and follow the advice you get

We are all here for you and praying it gets better @shrinkette
 
One thing we hippies know for sure is that recovery is not a straight line from A to B. We have some bad days, then thankfully a better day, but then seem to fall back again. No worries. It's a marathon, not a sprint. Patience is so important but so difficult. In the grand scheme, we recover and go on to live better, more active lives with less pain, but what we go through to get there. You are brave Ellen, and strong. It will get better, but it will take time. Hang in there. Keep your wonderful sense of humor.
 
Yes, it is slow and in stages. But so sorry that this numbness thing is holding you back still - not easy to stand and walk when you can't feel your foot on the floor! Of course that makes you worried and confused about how you are going to improve. But try to relax and let time help you get better. We are all here pulling for you!
 
Good Morning Ellen!

I was thinking about you last night when I went to sleep. I made up a little song for your foot which is sung to the tune of Happy Birthday. Big smile. Hope you have a wonderful day today!

Little left foot, wake up.
Little left foot, wake up.
Give me a toe point and a heel tap
And a circle all around.

Catherine
 
Hang on in there @shrinkette.......think you are right about holding off the brace....hoping the foot improves soon....thinking of you as we all are...Chrissie xxx


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
I really value your input, everybody. Still waiting for big step forward which would be encouraging. Walked for about 4-5 steps on walker. Able to move dead left leg more than yesterday. Incision now letting me know its here! @charmed-life u really nailed it particularly. Horrible feeling to not feel your leg as you said. Waiting now for OT. Later.
 
@shrinkette ...........Just checking in on you to see if today was better, baby sets, way to go!!! Keeping you in my thoughts that tomorrow will be even better then today, take care.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom