THR Shrinkette Has Arrived!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Praying the foot will start cooperating! Then you can progress. Keep us informed, everyone here cares.
 
Hi @shrinkette I'm so sorry this wasn't as easy as you first thought. I would be worried about my foot too but if Jo and Poppet say it can be normal as well as your OS then I wouldn't be too concerned as concerning as it is.

I think I understood that the ice you haven't had was for your calves/foot...which I was going to suggest anyway. If must be so frustrating not being able to do anything for yourself....I would hate that especially since your hubby isn't 100% as my hubby helped me a lot.

Try and enjoy your time in rehab and let them nurse you back to health

Sending you big hugs from AUSTRALIA XXXXX
 
It will happen Ellen...you will get better.... take a deep breath.....that foot will walk....don't panic...despair is normal...Surgery is not normal......and it hurts and you will be depressed....it will pass Ellen..stay in the moment ..breathe.... and rest...this will not be forever...Sleep is your friend.....I know its terrible for you. Get the nurses in....Tell them you need more pain medication!!!!! It will get better....Just breathe and:sleep:
 
Oh, @shrinkette ... I am just sick about this ordeal you are going through! Is there someone else there (your daughter? a trusted friend or relative who has asked if there's anything they can do?) to pinch-hit for your hub and stay on top of the staff so the nurses, PTs, & doc HEAR you about your pain and the numb foot? I didn't have a fraction of the pain and worries you are having because I was just lucky, but I did have to INSIST that some of the nurses HEAR what I was saying a few times about a couple of issues. I don't think I won Ms. Congeniality awards with some of the staff, but in the end they GOT IT and listened and the problems got fixed. So keep squeaking that wheel. But please please try not to worry and stress, even if it's just for a few minutes here and there. So many of your BoneSmart fans have written you with excellent advice and insights. Reread the posts if you can. Hope tonight you can get some rest. (And I'm so sorry I could not check in sooner. It has been a difficult week for various reasons, but I have thought of you so often and hoped you were doing okay.) Take care and know how much we are all pulling for you and thinking of you.
 
Hang in there Ellen! We are all watching you progress and are praying your pain and difficulties subside! Hope you have a great birthday!
 
Ellen I really don't have anything intelligent to add to the advice and support you're getting here. I just want you to know that I'm here and sending you pink light


Sent from my GT-S5830D using Tapatalk 2
 
Hey shrinkette I'm so sorry that you are experiencing this in your recovery. I'm glad you got your husband who is supporting you. I pray that a God touch you and your situation and heal you in Jesus name amen !!!!
 
I had 2 units if blood last night & my first good night's sleep in days. Hopefully my energy level will be better since I have a big day of PT ahead of me. I will be sure to yell if anything hurts!
 
Are all "cement legs" just heavy, or are they hard & painful to bend and lift? When I am turned onto non-surgical side, I can't swing that cement log so it's on top of bottom leg -- it's agonizing! No muscle strength.
 
Yeah Ellen! you re begining to sound much more like yourself! There are scores, if not hundreds of us following your journey, hoping and praying youll be taking those first steps very soon. Even if we are not frequent posters, were wth you all the way. It's a new day for you over there in sunny florida. May it be a very good one! I'm sure you will look back a week from now and be amazed at how far you've come. Warmest wishes, karen
 
Good luck today with PT!!! We're all sending healing wishes! XOXO
 
Happy Birthday Ellen - hope its the day things start looking up. Yes, it was very hard to make that operated leg move the first few days. I never turned on that side but I'm sure I would not have been able to move the other leg up on top by myself. Could not lift it lying on my back either without help for a few days at least. Suddenly one day I realized I could do it...
 
Are all "cement legs" just heavy, or are they hard & painful to bend and lift?
all part and parcel of the same thing, sweetheart! You're still in the first week when everything is angry, swollen and uncooperative. Don't let it frighten you - it WILL get better eventually, I promise!
 
You're all so wonderful, words fail me! I just feel like the biggest, whinest baby, but truly this is much more than I expected & I've had many surgeries.
 
Someone said you should think of hip replacement as on par with an organ transplant. I don't think it is quite - no major organ system involved as much as in that. BUT, it is a big trauma to your body. You had the extra issue with your foot staying numb. We all hope you are "on your feet" soon!
 
Don't feel like you're whining, please. We ALL love you, await the details - good & bad, and are cheering you on. We are frustrated and hurt for you, just know we care & wish we were there to hold you like a baby....God bless!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom