THR Shrinkette Has Arrived!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ellen it sounds like you're doing so much better! Remember what we read about before our surgery, that the first week would be the worse. I don't know what your voice sounds like but I bet it sounds stronger now. I am now being taken off the long lasting meds and I find that a little more worrisome. It's ask unfolding the way it's supposed to!

Sent from my GT-S5830D using Tapatalk 2
 
@shrinkette...LOL you are not a baby by no means....Happy Birthday....You just need huggies and you are getting loads here...How could anyone know how this feels. I think you are handling just great....Even through the torture your letting us know how your days going and I thank you for that...Somebody better get you that cake you so deserve....Happy Birthday my friend:flwrysmile:
 
Hope your PT goes well! Sounds like recovery has begun. Im sure it will get much better as the days pass.
 
Happy Birthday Shrinkette, take it one day at the time, you will be walking with no pain in no time!
Cheers Heinz
 
Ellen, your muscles have been through trauma and have weakened while you waited for your op. It will take some time to build strength again. Slow and steady - as Jo says it does get better!
 
Happy Birthday! You are having a rough go of it, but you can do this. Your frustration is symbolic of your strong spirit. Whining, crying or yelling are perfectly acceptable when your pain is not being controlled. My husband still tells the story of when I was in 10 out of 10 pain and a nurse told me I would have to wait. I guess I yelled, "this is totally unacceptable. Call the doctor and gets me the strongest pain medication you can". Oh yeah, she went running out of the room with her tail between her legs and came back with 5 oxycodone. And, my husband had to lift my legs for me too. Things are not going up to your expectations so just do what you can do. We are all here for you and support you. Focus on what you can do like getting up to the chair. Praying for you and may you see all things bright and beautiful.
 
@shrinkette ...............This is probably one Birthday you will love not to remember! Sounds like you are better today, the blood and rest may seems to have helped. Eat some cake for us all and Happy Birthday!
 
@shrinkette, so sorry to read what a difficult time you have had thus far. Best wishes that you find each day a little easier than the last. Stay strong and positive!!! You are doing great!
 
Happy Birthday Ellen!
I hope your hubby could bring you a cake, and that you are doing well today. Hugs
 
[Bonesmart.org] Shrinkette Has Arrived! [Bonesmart.org] Shrinkette Has Arrived! [Bonesmart.org] Shrinkette Has Arrived! [Bonesmart.org] Shrinkette Has Arrived! [Bonesmart.org] Shrinkette Has Arrived!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, @shrinkette !!!

I hope today gives you some improvement. I'm so glad you
got more sleep last night. "More sleep" is a milestone.
I'm so sorry for this rotten beginning you've had. You are
NOT a "baby." Anyone would be upset and worried. Feel
free to vent any which way you need to. You have legions
of fans and admirers here who care about you and will cheer
you on till each day has more milestones than roadblocks.
Hang in there as best you can.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@shrinkette. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! You are sounding more like your old self and that is good. I missed you! Is the foot any better today? Are the nerves waking up? What did your OS say today? I'm so glad the blood transfusions made you feel stronger.

I am SOO sorry you are having such a hard time. I wish I could come down there an give you a big fat birthday hug. I would if I could. You are much in my heart and my prayers, dear friend, and I'll keep on praying for your quick recovery.

Love,
Milli
 
Went to OT today. Said I did well. Foot sliding a bit easier & can lift slightly. Practiced standing, transferring, upper body strength. I think I must be the first to report all that. You all don't know what it means having you to cheer me on. @jebrig3164 & @grandma chris, anxious to know how you're doing. Pease don't let me scare off any future hippies -- that means you, particularly, @psychteach. I'm sure I'll be singing the praises of THR in the near future and, hopefully, laughing at these posts. Maybe I'm just making a bigger deal than I should -- honestly lost my objectivity here. It's funny -- I've read all the stories a million times & some of it STILL didn't penetrate, like what @Josephine said in last post.
 
So good to hear you are doing better!! Remember you had gotten to where you had trouble getting around before so you are now getting in better shape too! You'll get there and before you know it a walker will be a thing of the past!
 
happy happy birthday!!! you are sounding more like yourself... Hoping you have a wonderful birthday year ahead of you!!!
 
Happy birthday Ellen and very happy that you sound so much better! All is very good worry me, I think a textbook recovery (if there is such a thing!) I am in a semi irrigate room with a last that I coincidentally know! Can you imagine that we did aquafit together?! She's had a tkr. Today I had a shower and will be going home tomorrow. My nights have beenalittle rough and I'm going the needs they give me to take home will do the trick. I'm liking forward to being able to use a laptop, the phone is geting old. I believe that's classified as a first world problem!

OMG What kind of a post is this!!?!?!? And then it brags that it was sent from my cell phone - what's to brag about here? All is very good with me. I am in a semi private room with a woman that I coincidentally know.

Sent from my GT-S5830D using Tapatalk 2
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@ shrinkette. So sorry you are having such a hard time but so hope that your foot comes back to life very shortly....it's just not what you wanted but you seem to be coping better now....just give it a little more time..its that patience thing that is so hard to do...you just want to get on..can so understand that.
Happy birthday....not the best you've ever had, I'm sure. Hang on in there....we are all hanging onto your every word! Thinking of you..Chrissie xxx


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Happy Birthday Ellen @shrinkette ....you sound a lot brighter today

How is the foot? Can you feel or move it?

I think you must have been very weak and the blood transfusions will help that. Be kind to yourself....you've had a big and rough surgery

Just know we are all with you in this journey!!!!

Big hugs
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom