Guest viewing is limited

THR Shrinkette Has Arrived!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@shrinkette , no worries about typos. We are all just very happy to hear from you! Hang in there! Everyday will get better. Fingers cross for hubby as well. You are dealing with a lot - focus on you and moving forward.
 
[Bonesmart.org] Shrinkette Has Arrived!
@shrinkette, you are now an
[Bonesmart.org] Shrinkette Has Arrived!
! So sorry to hear that things have gotten off to a rough start. Hang in there----another few days will make a world of difference. Be sure to follow those BoneSmart mantras---they are the ticket to a good recovery.

Take care and keep us posted. We care.
[Bonesmart.org] Shrinkette Has Arrived!
 
@ shrinkette. That numbness will get better each day.....think it's to do with what they do during op to muscles, tendons...all takes time to wake up properly. Hope your rehab goes well and you get some proper sleep there. Think it's way too soon to sleep on your side...I'm at 4 months and mines still too sore...enjoying back sleeping now. Stay calm....it will all work out...thinking of you and your hubby and...just a thought for today....love Chrisdie
[Bonesmart.org] Shrinkette Has Arrived!



Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
3 days down and the rest of your life to go....Wiggle those piggies.....Thinking of you and checking in daily..I hear that spunk already:SUNsmile: huggies.....:console2:
 
@shrinkette I was told the pins and needles were the nerves in the leg, mine felt like a log, though I could stand up. It eventually changed into little electric shocks, but it all went away as I healed.
The reason I was told to sleep on the operated side is that on the other I might break restrictions by crossing the midline of my body with the operated leg. If I slept on the operated side I needed to use two pillows between my knees. Not comfy! It took me about four months to sleep on the operated side because it felt like I had a rock in there.
Very glad your foot is starting to move. Hope your recovery goes well and quickly.
 
@shrinkette How goes it? Are you more comfortable? I hope so ... and I hope ur foot and leg are doing better. Drop a line as soon as you can. How's your hubby doing?

Love,

Milli
 
hi ellen @shrinkette . how's today going? how's rehab? I hope they're taking good care of you and things are stabilizing. this surgery is a very big deal and has all kinds of twists and turns. :spin: hopefully better and better every day. thinking of you. devorah
 
Ellen, hope you are lots better! So sorry it was a rough start. Thinking of you all day and hoping both you and your husband are better!
 
Yea! So glad to hear your toes are wiggling! That was a heck of a spinal you had! Spinals are great though - no nausea or vomiting to deal with. You are right to tell your hubby to get some rest. I didn't realize how much stress my husband went through with my first hip. He gained more weight than I did! He spent all his time taking care of me and neglected his exercise. Keep up the good work! Now give me 10 leg slides! :-)
 
Hi Ellen, I'm popping my head in to check up on you, too. Hoping you're doing better. Hope hubby is better, too. Looking forward to your next update. Peggy xo
 
Hey shrinkette : you gettin' along OK? Love to hear from you!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
 
Hi Shrinkette,
I hope your recovery is going better every day and that your numbness will go away.
Cheers Heinz
 
Hey shrinkeete what's going on? Im day 1 out of surgery just had physical therapy again . Walk down the hall further today a nice distance. Got in and of bed also. Learning how to get off and on the potty. Pain really is a zero but really sore and my leg is heavy. I'm going to rehab for at least a week or two because I live alone and they wanna keep an eye on my incision because I lost a lot weight. Wanna make sure I don't catch a skin infection. I pray things get better
 
Hey everyone & thanks for your concern. They are trying to wake up those nerves in my foot. They said I have a little more movement... Can make my toes go down & up slightly today. They Used TENS unit today to stimulate things. The OT came in today to assess me, washed & dressed me. Excruciating pain in turning over on either side. On non - surgical side, outside leg must be bent by therapist, otherwise if I turn on op side I must roll onto 8" incision, but that's still better. . I'm now told my hemaglobin is down to 7.2; I will have 2 transfusions today.
After all the dressing/washing/personal care, I had to stay in wheelchair & wait for PT. By then she knew something was up with my blood, so she said we'd only do stretches, that TENS unit, etc. Pt for rest of day was cancelled. I am totally wiped out, dripping sweat, panting, exhausted. Must be low blood. When I am walking on walker, can't move left foot; they have to literally move it for me. I'm just writing random thoughts. If this is the beginning of my new life, I'm disappointed.

Interesting: the underside of my leg near ankle & area below ankle hurts like mad if touched!! Like the nerves are super sensitive! Weird.

Care is excellent. Hospital doc follows me and makes sure my blood work is all good. Surgeon & his partner have both been in. Surgeon feels bad, but says its temporary &!t sormetimes happens. May prescribe small brace for my ankle; on hold for a bit. Others tell me I should see a difference in a week or two. Perhaps if I saw something concrete I'd feel more encouraged. I am totally dependent. Cannot get anything for myself because I can't walk on walker. Terrible feeling.

Sorry -- very self-involved as you can imagine. And tomorrow's my b-day.

One piece of good news: hubby's blood results all good! A big load off, but he still can't figure out why his taste buds are off. Everything doesn't taste right. And he's lost a lot off weight.

No more ... too tired. Be well, you all.
 
@shrinkette One small suggestion - if your heels hurt - you said near ankle - mine did when they were touching the bed awhile bit putting a pillow or towel under my calf to keep them from contacting the bed really helped. They did that in the hospital and I figured out why at home - it was surprisingly bad pain. Wish I could suggest something for the rest - I'm sure a transfusion will at least help you feel better. Praying for you, Ellen
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom