Guest viewing is limited

TKR Scared but I made it!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going in the right direction Natalie, hope it continues. Happy Easter! :friends:
 
Thinking about you, Natalie, and hoping things are still improving.
 
UPDATE....
Well, the epidural was April 2 and I have to say, it's 10 days since, and today, I walked the whole hour while in the hospital doing Pet Therapy with Zoey, and little or no pain... YEAAAHHH.... now, tonight when I sat playing bridge for 3 hours, leg started to hurt, so I did take 3 tylenol, but it was the first time today, by golly, I think the epidural did about 60 percent..... I am going for a 2nd one on Monday April 16, hoping it will take care of the rest of this problem... if not, the ortho guy, who I saw again yesterday said it might be tendinitis, and they can't give me a shot of cortizone just yet there, since I am having a 2nd epidural, I will have to wait until beginning of May. We go on our River Cruise May 18.... this might just work, hoping hoping hoping!!!!!!
 
Sounds like things are moving in the right direction! :dancy: Just one word of caution (from someone who did it the wrong way) - increase your activity slowly. I too had the same yahoo moment and then went on to over do. Glad you are feeling better!
 
Gosh, Natalie, what really great news. I'm so happy that you're finally finding relief and being able to enjoy doing things again. I really envy you that river cruise--I've seen their catalog---WOW.

Take care. Judy
 
Natalie, thats great news, and such a relief for you that is is working even if its not 100%. Heres hoping that the second injection takes care of the rest, and you can be painfree again.

Take care, look forward to hearing the results of your next treatment. :friends:
 
Natalie, this is G_R_E_A_T news!! I guess this is going to take time and more patience! Take care and try not to rush things. I know it has been 8 months, but sometimes it takes more time. Hope this next one does the trick for you! Hang in there. :friends:
 
Natalie,


Great to hear how well the injections are working for you. Sometimes it just takes time to find the reason and the "cure" for these things that pop up. As Josephine says everything is connected to everything else, and I am glad they found your connections.
 
Thank you, it does make me happy to know that ONE doctor finally figured out that it was my BACK that was causing all this pain. Hoping that the 2nd shot will get rid of the other 40 percent... this first one has done about 60 percent of the work.
I walked around the Cancer Treatment Center today with Zoey, doing our Therapy Dog thing, and did not sit very much, did mostly walking, then went to PT, had to take some tylenol, but that's ok, the pain is so much less than 2 weeks ago, amazing, hope it lasts, and never comes back.
 
Back from the epidural number 2. Guess I am only one posting on my message board... just an update..
Will let you know how it goes, won't know for a couple of days whether it helped.
 
Fingers and toes crossed for you, Natalie. Hope this takes care of the rest of your pain. Its been a loooooooooong time since August of last year for you.

Please keep us posted. We care.
 
Natalie, hope this gives you the 40% that you need. Hang in there:friends:
 
Hi Natalie,
How are you doing? I just finally finished ready your entire recovery thread. Thanks so much for posting.
Fingers crossed that your 2nd epidural works and you have a fun and pain free river vacation!
 
Yes, it's been a LONG 9 months... starting June 23, 2011 when I first felt the pain in my legs... shin pain, thigh pain, knee pain... months of trying PT, Accupuncture, Chiropractor, finally another ORTHO, xrays, blood tests, MRI, finally BINGO... the lower back, 9 \months later... so, did I need the knee replacement? It was my GOOD knee, which was bone on bone too, but didn't bother me, hmmmm? Food for thought, but you know, its too late now, I own a new knee, and that's that. We all thought it was my knee, but alas, it was not, it was my back!!!
SO, now with the 2nd epidural behind me, hoping that in five days or so, I will know.... (pray)
 
Don't second guess whether it was the right decision! If your knee was bone-on-bone, it's a good thing you had the TKR, even though you weren't experiencing pain. You probably were favoring the knee without realizing it, and indirectly that was affecting your back. So...hang in there - you have to believe you did the right thing at the right time.

Fingers crossed for the next few days for success!
 
UPDATE.... 2nd epidural was Monday, April 16.... seems that a bit better.... has come from the 2nd shot, so I would say that about 70% better after the 2 shots, but it can take longer for the 2nd shot to work.
I made an appointment with the ortho doc that did the knee replacement on May 9, and will find out if he is going to give me a cortizone shot in my leg below the knee for what they think might be tendinitis...??

 
ITs a week, just taking 2 tylenol late in the afternoon, sometimes 2 near bedtime, but it's better... it's so nice to not have those shin pains....
How's everyone doing otherwise?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom