Guest viewing is limited

TKR Scared but I made it!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Natalie, sounds like good news!:yay: So glad that these shots have solved your pain issues. Hope that with more time that you will be feeling 100% . :friends:
 
Natalie,

Just thought I would let you know I will be joining you in the epi dept. I have been doing my spring yard work, which around here is quite alot, and my back has started acting up so it will be off to the pain management dr to get my shots sometime in the next month. Hope mine work as well as yours seem to have.
 
Natalie,

Just thought I would let you know I will be joining you in the epi dept. I have been doing my spring yard work, which around here is quite alot, and my back has started acting up so it will be off to the pain management dr to get my shots sometime in the next month. Hope mine work as well as yours seem to have.

Hope they work for you too!! I am hoping that these LAST for a LONG time, as I know folks that it's done just that...
GOod luck with yours... have you had them before?
 
Hope they work for you too!! I am hoping that these LAST for a LONG time, as I know folks that it's done just that...
GOod luck with yours... have you had them before?

Natalie,

Yes I have had them before do to really bad spinal problems from my neck to my butt. I usually have to have them done every 6 mos, or when it acts up,which is usually the 6 mos mark.( cannot have them done any more often)
Right now it is my lower back that is getting me and shooting bad pains down the back of both legs almost to my ankles. Just trying to get a bit more yard work done then get my shots so I don't aggravate it again to soon.
 
Sounds like what I had for 9 months, shooting pains back of legs, front shins, cramping in back of thighs.... and they just NOW figured out it was my back, and not my knee!!!! DOCTORS!!!!!!
Anyway, hope that the shots do the trick for you again.... they did about 70 Percent for me, and hoping that it continues to hold, at bay, my pains... not to return..
 
Natalie, I'm happy to hear you are getting some relief. But I agree that you shouldn't feel bad about going for the TKR. From your description your knee was shot and it was just a matter of time before you would have had real pain.
 
Natalie, I'm happy to hear you are getting some relief. But I agree that you shouldn't feel bad about going for the TKR. From your description your knee was shot and it was just a matter of time before you would have had real pain.
Jamie, it was a matter of time before the TKR was going to happen, but the strange thing was that it was my GOOD KNEE that was done, not the bad one. I am still getting SYNVISC ONE shots in the bad knee every 6 months, and hope that this will continue to hold the TKR at bay for a LONG time.. I do not want to go thru it again anytime soon.

I am hoping that the epidural shots that I got (April 2 and 16) will hold, and I will not have those awful shooting pains in my legs again any time soon. I continue to have some discomfort in the right knee (TKR), at 7 PM, but don't have the pains going all the way up the thigh anymore, but still do feel a twinge in my back from time to time... pains were definitely coming from L4/L5 nerve pinch...


 
Natalie, it's good to hear that the epidural shots have eliminated most of your pain and discomfort. Now you will feel like getting out and doing some real living.

Keep us posted. We care.
 
I see the ortho doc that did my TKR on May 9, epidurals got rid of most of the pain, but still have some below my knee at 7 pm (on a clock) the ortho doc in AZ thought it might be some tendinitis and a cortizone shot there might help?
Shall find out.
 
Update, I walked 1/2 a mile the other day, 1st time I have done that in 15 years... and have walked again same day about 3 more blocks... that is a great distance for me...
Gotta practice up since we are going on this river cruise and I want to be able to walk on the tours....
 
Great news, Natalie! I can just imagine how pleased you are. Now you can truly look forward to that river cruise trip! But take it easy and don't overdo!!!!
 
That sounds like a good positive post Natalie, and so glad you are able to be more active after your shots.

I hope the progress continues and you really enjoy that river cruise and all the benefits it is likely to have on your general wellbeing.

Take care Natalie. :friends:
 
I am so looking forward to being able to WALK on tours....without having to sit every chance I get.
I am not golfing, nor am I bike riding, I don't want to take a chance on goofing something up, so I am walking... a little at a time, to build up my stamina,
Thanks for all the support...
 
getting ready to go on our cruise. sure hope that the knees hold out, the new one will but the left one, which had the synvisc one shot on Jan 18, should be ok, hoping so. the epidurals so far are holding, some discomfort, but hoping not much more than i have... still the same issue, 7 pm on my operated knee, discomfort, not bad, but there.. up the thigh at times, will address that more with the ortho on my return, perhaps cortisone shot in muscle for tendenitis..
HOW does one find your thread when you hae not posted in awhile on it?????
 
Natalie, have a blast on the cruise!:cocktail:

If you go to the top of this page and click on your name, then click on statistics, then click on threads started by you, whew!!! You will find your thread.:rolleyespink:
 
Hey, it worked, I found my thread, instead of going thru all the posts to find it, pages and pages... thank you..
Will try and post from the river boat.. not sure if we will be able to..
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom