TKR Scared but I made it!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, well the doctor wanted me to try cymbalta first....she seemed to like it better than lyrica.....tonight is pill 2, 1st one was last night, so far no side effects
I have been on both lyrica and cymbalta. I did not care for the lyrica it made me feel weird and did not really help much.
The cymbalta worked really well for me with the pain from my back. I hope it works for you too, but you may have to give it a couple of weeks to see any results. I dont remember any adverse side effects for me, but everyone is different.
Good luck i hope you see good results, take care...
 
I have been on both lyrica and cymbalta. I did not care for the lyrica it made me feel weird and did not really help much.
The cymbalta worked really well for me with the pain from my back. I hope it works for you too, but you may have to give it a couple of weeks to see any results. I dont remember any adverse side effects for me, but everyone is different.
Good luck i hope you see good results, take care...

How long were you on CYMBALTA? I am on Day 4 its a wee bit better... they said it might take a couple of weeks, I am on 30mg at night 1x a day. Did you have the pains down your legs?
 
I am on my 9th day of cymbalta, just an update. I seem to be a bit better with the shin pains.
I will continue on the 30mg of cymbalta for another week and see how goes, then contact the doctor, who gave me samples for a month. She also gave me 60 mg tabs, but I dont' want to go on the higher dosage if I don't have to. Still continue with the pains in my tendons at 7 pm on my TKR knee (R), that shoot up my thigh at times. They seem to be a bit less intense now that I am on the cymbalta, still wondering if I should go back to the Ortho... he talked about a cortisone shot in the knee area.... tendinitis?
 
Glad you're getting a bit of relief--hope it will continue to improve. Maybe Josephine will have some advice on the ortho.
 
Thanks Kneeper....it's been a frustrating trip down TKR lane.
 
Its been 2 weeks on the Cymbalta 30 mg and it is getting rid of some of the shin pains and aches in my legs.
I told the doc that I will continue on the 30mg for another week...
I am posting this as an update.
The pain in my RTKR at 7 PM is nerve pain, should I get a shot of cortisone by the ortho? I see him on Aug 8 for my one year check up. It's been just about a year since I started on BS... glad I found this site, it's helped me a great deal, all the support.
Anyone else on CYMBALTA?
 
Natalie, I'll tag Josephine so that she sees your question. Josephine;
 
I think this is something you need to discuss with your surgeon, Natalie
 
I think this is something you need to discuss with your surgeon, Natalie
Yes, planning on it... I couldn't find my thread, it was gone, I guess I had to hunt for it... oh well, anyway, thanks Jo for the feedback.
I will continue with my usually 1z a day advil cocktail, and the cymbalta at night (30mg), and see how it goes.
Would love to be pain free.....
 
WOW, I made it to this side!!! I made it thru the nite and slept 7 hours. The nurse can in one time during the nite for something. I ordered something for breakfast and then they will get me up with a walker. My leg has this thick ace bandage on it from groin to ankle. I am fighting to stay awake so I can finish this.note. More later.
Natalie
HI Natalie, I'm fairly new here and just caught your post. Sounds like you made it thru surgery well. I hope you progress well. I look forward to reading your progress. Take care.
 
HI Natalie, I'm fairly new here and just caught your post. Sounds like you made it thru surgery well. I hope you progress well. I look forward to reading your progress. Take care.

Leisa, I had my surgery a year ago, hope yours goes well....
 
I am now on 60 mg of Cymbalta for 6 weeks to see if it helps, then she wants to see me to re-evaluate if necessary. I am also going to a new chiropractor to see if he can help in any way.
I now have NUMBING of my fingers on both hands, esp. my right hand... I am falling apart!!!...will report after the chiro visit....
 
An update...
I am on cymbalta now for 6 weeks, 30 mg for most of it, they put me on 60 mg for a couple of weeks and my fingers went numb... so I asked to be put back on 30 mg...
Along with that I am taking the advil cocktail usually only 1x a day.
The pain at 7 pm that I have indured now for 10 months is my back, saw ortho on Wednesday, he said there was nothing he could do, the ONE YEAR check was perfect, knee is fine... says it's probably all my back.
I see pain management again on Wednesday, so I will see what she says. The shin pains are less, but still there, and all that I feel now as far as pain has to be my back.
I continue to see the chiropractor 3x a week.. thru september... then we leave for AZ for the winter...
GRRRRR, pain ... I hate it....
 
An update...
I am on cymbalta now for 6 weeks, 30 mg for most of it, they put me on 60 mg for a couple of weeks and my fingers went numb... so I asked to be put back on 30 mg...
Along with that I am taking the advil cocktail usually only 1x a day.
The pain at 7 pm that I have indured now for 10 months is my back, saw ortho on Wednesday, he said there was nothing he could do, the ONE YEAR check was perfect, knee is fine... says it's probably all my back.
I see pain management again on Wednesday, so I will see what she says. The shin pains are less, but still there, and all that I feel now as far as pain has to be my back.
I continue to see the chiropractor 3x a week.. thru september... then we leave for AZ for the winter...
GRRRRR, pain ... I hate it....
So sorry to hear you are still in pain. I hope and pray things improve for you soon. Best wishes
 
So sorry to hear you are still in pain. I hope and pray things improve for you soon. Best wishes
Thank you for your response... lately I guess no one is reading this thread, but alas, it's old.
Anyway, going to the PAIN management doc this afternoon, and will continue with the chiropractor until the end of September 3x a week. update later...
 
[Bonesmart.org] Scared but I made it!!!
Completely missed your last update, Natalie. Sure hope you can get a handle on that pain with your pain management doc and chiropractor. Life is no fun when pain is always lurking there in the background coloring everything we do. Keep us in the loop---we really do care.
[Bonesmart.org] Scared but I made it!!!
 
Let us know what you find out from the pain management doc.
 
Thank you for your response... lately I guess no one is reading this thread, but alas, it's old.
Anyway, going to the PAIN management doc this afternoon, and will continue with the chiropractor until the end of September 3x a week. update later...
Natalie, Be sure and post and let us know how you are doing sweetie. One of things I have come to appreciate over the last few years (while my leg was getting worse and worse) is "people that live with chronic pain" and how hard it is. I had never experienced it myself until the knee problems. I have so much more compassion and respect for those living in constant pain. Take care.
 
Natalie....so sorry I haven't posted on your thread. But I've been reading it!! Sometimes if there are no specific questions, people do just read and appreciate the update without making comments. Believe me....we DO care about you and want to know how you're doing. Good luck with your appointments.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom