TKR Scared but I made it!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for your response... lately I guess no one is reading this thread, but alas, it's old.
Anyway, going to the PAIN management doc this afternoon, and will continue with the chiropractor until the end of September 3x a week. update later...
Pain in the back is the worst, isn't it? Is the pain all over in your back or one certain area? I have it to but they say it is from walking with my pelvic tilted (aka limping terribly) for so many years. So I am having lessons on how to walk.

It seems like the numbness should be a clue to some medical person whether a surgeon or PT or chiropractor as to the origination of the problem. Or is the numbness a side effect of the cymbalta?

Hope you find something that helps. Being in pain is soooooo not fun! It is draining and zapping of energy. I do hope the Pain doc helps.
:angel:
 
UPDATE AGAIN....Ortho doc on Aug 8 said knee was great... pain in same leg, my back, nothing he could do...
numbness in fingers, both hands, my neck...
Chiropractor is working on my hands, cracking my neck, and working on my back for the pains in my shins and legs.. he claims he can cure it, but it will take time.
Pain doc said on Wednesday, that she wants me to up the Cymbalta again to 60 mg and try it for awhile. The 30 too the edge off, but shin pains and leg pains still there. She asked how I felt about surgery? My answer, NO

SO, I will continue with the cymbalta and the chiropractor until the end of September, at which time we go to AZ for the winter.. I need a shot of synvisc one in my left knee, and will get that before I leave for AZ by the Ortho Doc.

Thanks for caring!!!
 
Sure do hope the upped dosage of Cymbalta and your chiropractor can get a handle on that pain for you, Natalie. I remember what chronic pain 24/7 was like---a wide-awake nightmare---colored everything in my life and made me really cranky with those closest to me and to myself. You're in my prayers.
[Bonesmart.org] Scared but I made it!!!
 
UPDATE AGAIN....Ortho doc on Aug 8 said knee was great... pain in same leg, my back, nothing he could do...
numbness in fingers, both hands, my neck...
Chiropractor is working on my hands, cracking my neck, and working on my back for the pains in my shins and legs.. he claims he can cure it, but it will take time.
Pain doc said on Wednesday, that she wants me to up the Cymbalta again to 60 mg and try it for awhile. The 30 too the edge off, but shin pains and leg pains still there. She asked how I felt about surgery? My answer, NO

SO, I will continue with the cymbalta and the chiropractor until the end of September, at which time we go to AZ for the winter.. I need a shot of synvisc one in my left knee, and will get that before I leave for AZ by the Ortho Doc.

Thanks for caring!!!
Sounds like even though you are having issues still, you have a plan. I love that you are continuing on with 'Life' as you press forward for fall and winter. It really is all we can do isn't it, just LIVE! I am adding you to my prayers for continued improvement and solutions for the pain. Best wishes
 
Sounds like even though you are having issues still, you have a plan. I love that you are continuing on with 'Life' as you press forward for fall and winter. It really is all we can do isn't it, just LIVE! I am adding you to my prayers for continued improvement and solutions for the pain. Best wishes

Thank you for your response, I have no choice but to go on... pain and all, enjoy our grandkids, 8, 6, 3, and 1.... they don't stay young for long...
Just got back from riding my bike for 3 miles, been a week or so, and need to move those joints, even tho the fingers go numb, and the leg hurts, I rode..
thanks again
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom