TKR Scared but I made it!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's okay - thank you for understanding. Without you all sharing things, this board is dead! :wink1:
 
Thank you all for the feedback about the epidural.
I got the FLU on top of all my other problems. Just trying to drink a lot, eat crackers, applesauce, eggs and toast.
Not doing so good. Had terrible gas today...along with a cold
 
Oh....Rose.......there is NO WAY to "clog up the forum!" Quite frankly, we love to see posts coming in....questions, concerns, comments, fluff....it ALL helps BoneSmart be the warm, "family" place that we want it to be!!!
 
Natalie, sorry to hear you have the flu. Try the BRAT diet. It usually works for me. Bananas, bullion, rice, applesauce, tea and toast. I think the eggs gave you the gas. I hardly ever get the gastro thing, but I have had it twice in the past few months.

Hang in there it doesn't last long, thank goodness.:friends:
 
No the epidural is Monday 4/2. I want to finally get some relief from this pain, 9 months worth....

The "flu" that I have has not gone away, lessened somewhat... I made an appt with the gastro guy for Thursday, my abdomen (lower) is still very tender and I have lots of gas, and go potty alot.. not normal, so I am hoping that he will have some ideas.. (prob some tests YUK)... but got to get to the bottom of all this.

The knee itself is good... so one thing is in my favor... haaaaa, oops, back to the potty, ttyl....
 
Hi Natalie, know how you feel, got the flu with bad hayfever too so not feeling too good myself for the past week. Driking plenty, and eating ince cream which I should not be doing as throat really really sore. I too suffer with excess wind, not sure why though, and not really eating well either.

Hope the flu passes and we can both get back to the normal life that having this knee op is doing.

Take care Natalie. :friends:
 
Update,
Tomorrow is the epidural in my lower back, hoping that this will get rid of all this pain I have had for 9 months in my right leg (yes the TKR) and shins of both legs, and abdominal pain (low down)(which doc says can be caused by a nerve from back also), I am just taking tylenol as needed, usually 2x a day, and am hoping I won't need anything anymore for pain, and will be able to get back on my bike outside again, and be able to WALK again without pain.
We go on a river cruise (viking) from amsterdam to budapest in May, and am hoping hoping hoping to be able to WALK on the tours without discomfort!!! Now wouldn't that be loverly???
 
Good luck tomorrow Natalie! Hope all goes well and that it is the beginning of a more active life. Please let us know how it goes! But remember - it may take a few days before you feel the effects of the injection. Patience for a few days longer.
 
Natalie,


Hope all goes well tomorrow for you. As Jaycey said you will have to be patient because it might take a few days to feel the full effect of the injection. I have had it take a week or more a few times. Just rest for the day and put ice on the injection site when you get home.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you this does the trick.
 
OH I do hope it works, it would be wonderful to be without pain for the first time since June 23, 2011.
I am being sedated, I am a big chicken, they said it would take about 10 minutes.....sedation kinda like a colonoscopy... I guess.
 
Natalie, keeping you in my thoughts and prayers that everything goes well for you tomorrow. You have waited a long time to get relief. Rest after the procedure and give it time to take effect. :friends:
 
All the best Natalie, we will be watching and waiting...............:friends:
 
Back from the epidural, they sedated me, really didn't feel a thing, woozy for awhile after, hubby took me out for breakfast, now at home, will be going to lay down.
Won't know for a day or 2 if it helped, praying it does, but it's behind, and thank you all for your concern, I'll keep you all updated.
 
Good to hear the procedure is over and you sound well. Take it easy for a few days and hope this works for you.:friends:
 
Natalie,

Please take it easy for a few days and give the meds a good chance to work, and please don't worry ifyou don't feel instant results it usually takes a couple of days at least.

Glad to hear you came thru just fine. Remember if you are sore at the injection site rest and put ice on it, that will really help.
 
Day one, after epidural, woke up and upper leg was not sore .. around knee and below, still same, esp. at 7 PM on my knee, its like it's pinching it. Talked to the doctor's office and they said it could take 3 to 5 days before I notice any improvement. It takes time for the steroid to move around. Will keep all informed. Thanks for caring!
 
I had two epidurals and was told it can take up to 10 days to feel the full effect. Hang in there a little longer. Fingers crossed for you!
 
This is day 3, and I am feeling better, still have the ache / numb in my knee area and down the shin of right leg (the TKR leg) at 7 PM on a clock, but it's less... I have not taken tylenol, it's 3:30 our time in the afternoon but I will probably in a little bit, to get me thru the evening. I took our dog to the hospital, and did the Pet Therapy, was able to walk around the hospital with her, first time in 2 weeks... without much pain. I think it's working, they called and wanted to know if I wanted a second one, which I would have a week from Monday, 2 weeks after the 1st one. Thinking about it... stay tuned, more updates...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom