TKR Pheebs52 Recovery Discovery Journey May 22

My PT, who looks like he's 15, weighs about 100 lbs soaking wet, went on a 3 day water fast as he thought he put on 5#! And he is constantly telling me to stick my butt out . . . mostly to get in the "hip hinge" and let my gluts do the work instead of my new knee. I keep telling him that women don't like to be told to stick their butts out . . particularly those of us with big ones.
 
He sounds like my Cardiologist, lol! Skinniest doc on the planet, *sigh*.
 
are you talking about doing squats? in one of the classes i was in, the instructor was correcting us on doing squats and said to "stick out our butts". i think it works, that's how i remember to do proper form.:idea:
 
QOTD: Can you be too much of a lazy bum?

This week has been dull in the progress department, basically static. There was also one slightly ouchy night on the menu, post PT, which is unusual in my case. Generally, I feel better afterwards, probably thanks to massage. I can't recall having done anything different while there, but...I had a different result. Maybe it was the humid weather? Perhaps I put my socks on backwards? Who knows.

At any rate, that was on Wednesday. I had another appointment scheduled for this morning, but yesterday, decided to cancel. Yesterday was a low-energy, achy sort of day and I felt I needed a break from all things *knee.* I can't remove it, but I can ignore it! :SUNsmile:

Today is better ache-wise, but still static and stiff as always.....yawn. I don't feel like doing any of the usual stretches, so I haven't been. The quad sets are no longer challenging, so I've skipped those as well. I also haven't done any more experimentation with my limits/boundaries, specifically stair stuff. I'm glad I tried some, but can see I'm still not ready for *Prime Time.*

I have gone outside and down the two quite shallow stairs to my yard to pick up the dog *prizes*, gone up and down my 13 steps to the laundry room several times yesterday, changed the sheets on both beds, and driven to the pharmacy to pick up a Rx. That's it folks. The rest of the time has been on my sofa with Kindle, ice and pillows, getting up about once an hour to stroll around the house and deck. Tomorrow, we'll go for another walk in the woods and I'm looking forward to that, followed by a Fro-Yo afterwards.

I won't return to PT until next Wednesday, so that'll be a full week of just engaging in ADL's, some real life, and maybe a few random heel slides. I'm curious to see how this little knee vacation will or will not affect me. Will my knee be less stiff? Will I gain some needed Flexion? Whatever, it's just one week out of a very long recovery, eh?
 
"There'll be days like that". I've had several. !
In my case probably old habits from pre-op days. I had learned not to schedule any errands on days after I had to do a lot of walking. Seems like it has become a pattern since last week.
 
I think it's the blah weather this week, I've felt the same and if my hubby didn't remind me, I would've forgotten the stretches a few times.
 
It seems perfectly reasonable to take a sabbatical from all things knee! A break from the usual routine, including PT, might be just what you need. We are in the "dog days" of recovery I think. :tiredwheel:
 
Thank you all for just listening! Sometimes, that's what's needed most. [emoji16]


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Yes, dog days indeed, just not good dogs, lol!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I am currently laying in the back of Mazda 3 with the Lounge Doctor - on our way to Kansas to pick up granddaughter for the first leg of our SF adventure. Wishing I was in your Gericar :egypdance:
 
Yikes, @kmak81230, how many hours till Kansas? I wish you were in my Gericar as well; dang! Wait....you're not driving to San Fran, are you? Please say you're not!
 
Flying!!!! From Kansas City. The drive has not been too bad actually. Plenty of stops to stretch - and wearing the oh so fashionable Ted stockings.
 
I'll bet you look *mahvelous* in those TEDS dahling!

Phew, here's to air travel! You had me skeered for a moment!
 
good for you @Pheebs52 taking a break and doing normal things. ahhh to get back to doing normal things and not have to think about making time to schedule physio appointments and doing the boring home exercises!! i look forward to hearing how you make out when you go to your next physio on wednesday. @kmak81230, have a super time in san francisco with your family. i was there once with hubby on a business trip and we both loved it, but not enough time. i took a bus tour to muir woods and another charming little town on the way back, also a boat tour.
 
I'm taking a cue from you @Liam! I just need a knee *sabbatical* as @kmak81230 put it. I don't even want to ice....or elevate...or, really, have anything to do with it. I'm in shunning mode. Perhaps I'm having a break with reality, lol. I'll let you know if hubby drags out the straight-jacket tonight.:heehee:
 
@kmak81230 have a great vacation with your family! Love San Fran! Fresh seafood yum!

@Pheebs52 I'm having one of those days today too! Went to the local hardware store to buy some new ice packs but have spent most of the day in the prone position on the couch having myself a little bit of a pity party.
Will the sun come out tomorrow?
 
@Canada35, yes the sun will come out tomorrow. tom brown and anwar knight (c.t.v. news weathermen) say so. Saturday is supposed to be a perfect day weatherwise.:fingersx: maybe you can get comfy outside tomorrow with your new ice packs and a lounger.:ice: sunday, more rain but i'll bet kitchener looks green and lush with all the rain we've been having this spring and summer.:thumb:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom