TKR Pheebs52 Recovery Discovery Journey May 22

Wow, I'm impressed to see so many former Bostonians; cool! It really is a special area, though we'll be leaving in the next year or two when we make a decision on where to live in retirement. It's simply not going to be affordable on a fixed income; pffft! We've both been here forever, so this will be a big transition!
 
@Canada35, I still use my cane outdoors and don't see that changing anytime soon. You may not have overdone anything, sometimes the knees are just fickle, right? Like you, my other knee is wonky with OA and sometimes lately, can actually give me more problems than my new knee. I hope you can attend that baseball game today!
 
Hah, your collective memories of Boston are wonderful!
 
Well, it's time for me to get off the Net and dive into some *real-life* Smarties! BBL and wishing all of you a good day!
 
No switches alas...instead a night with pain right around the patella and so I jinxed it and my knee caused an unhappy rude awakening.
Glad to read you can enjoy local Boston summer fun. ( I spent a summer on Martha's Vineyard. As an au pair. Does that count?)
I haven't had a chance much...but perhaps, if rehab doesn't take too much effort, we might be enjoying all what this great city has to offer.
It's much loved by so many tourists. So, going to check it out ourselves.:walking:
 
Hey Pheebs, just dropped in to say hi! Sounds like things are going well! Nice to be out and about, isn't it?


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I only take my cane on solo walks around the neighborhood now. I might take to keeping one in the car, though, to have handy for foul weather (coff... snow) or emergencies.

Thinking of you, @Pheebs52, because Mr. Shoes will be in Providence tonight and Boston on Tuesday night. We hate being apart, but the man has a job to do. He's never been in either city. I told him to beware of Boston drivers. :heehee:
 
Oh @SusieShoes, he's driving here? Aaaccck! However, while he's in town, I hope he can take advantage of the extensive subway system rather than try to figure out our narrow, twisty streets and many one-ways. You'll have to let me know how he does! Providence is also a bit tricky, lol.

Hey @JennyLynne, it's great to see you! I just saw your thread and was thrilled to see how well you are doing! Yes, it sure is great to be out and about!:happydance: I have to be careful not to overdo since I'm so excited since busting loose from the non-driving prison, lol.

@VW54, yes, it absolutely counts that you were an Au Pair on The Vineyard! That's what we call it for some reason; poor Martha! The Vineyard is gorgeous and Nantucket even more so. If you ever do get over here, be sure to put Nantucket on your agenda.

I'm so sorry to hear we didn't make that stiff swap we discussed; pffft! I wonder what you did (if anything) to set that off? It could just be you may have slept *wrong* as we all seem to do from time to time. I hope you'll get some decent, healing zzz's tonight and wake-up as you usually do.:friends:

I had a great day of shopping but ended up asleep in a zero gravity lounger at Bed, Bath and Beyond, lol! Yep, it was the third store we went into and it was just a few too many steps for this gimpy gal. I didn't have any pain, but my leg was *fizzling*, and I was tired. I am clearly just a "One Store person," for now, perhaps two if it's a quick visit, but three strikes are out for me until further notice.

Mistah, though still in the store, was nowhere to be seen, undoubtedly somewhere amongst the pots and pans and gadgets. As usual, he forgot to bring his phone, so I couldn't call and tell him to hurry up. I saw the loungers and just decided to sit and wait for him to appear. Well....I was woken up by a lovely couple around my age who wondered if I was alright; hah! Well, no, not exactly, lol. At that point, I realized that I'd been asleep for at least 20 minutes.....yeah, good nap, right? Sooo, I had no recourse but to have Mistah paged. I didn't een know if stores could still do that, so, good to know, eh?

We came home and both took a long nap, then went out to the Clamshack. @nensi and Canada35, I want you both to know the clams and onion rings were outstanding. I ordered a bit extra for both of you.:friends: The weather was perfect, about 78, sunny degrees with a light sea-breeze and no humidity. The view was gorgeous with lots of boats in the bay. We clinked two bottle of beer to my friends here at Bonesmart and went on our merry way, into the sunset.
 
Pheebs, you sound like you are starting to live again. :egypdance:It's really great to get out and just do "life" again. Enjoy the rest of your break.
 
Right Sandi? Seriously, it's like the Phoenix rising from the ashes, lol!
 
Thanks for the narrative, @Pheebs52 ! It has been so long since I ate fried clams and onion rings (were they in a basket?) but I could still taste them in my memory palace .
And vicariously enjoyed your "slice of life", took me away from the small frame of reference, however cosy, still small, which the last 17 days have been for me. Too funny, your nap in the recliner at BBB and having to page your DH. Just giggles all around - thank you again for those laughs, they are the best medicine and being able to laugh at yourself is a good thing !
 
Nensi, of course they were served in a basket. They just wouldn't taste right any other way, right?

I'm so glad you were able to vicariously enjoy my outing. I think you would've liked the BBB nap the best, so once you are out and about more, you'll have to give it a whirl, lol. Oddly enough, I wasn't the least bit embarrassed when discovered; perhaps another perk of age, eh?
 
Well Smarties, though my legs and both knees were weary to the point of in-store napping yesterday, I didn't experience any pain, right up until bed time. However, not surprisingly, there was some blowback during the night, resulting in a tossy-turny type of sleep and a 5 A.M. wake-up; pffft. It wasn't terrible, but just enough to get me up and head for the freezer and ice-packs. As such, I've declared today to be a DOR (Day Of Rest) and so far, I'm exceling at that. :SUNsmile: The dogs are *helping* me lounge outdoors and keep an eye open for visiting bunnies, and both have said I shouldn't even think about anything domestic today, so, I'm not. Very wise animals. :doggie:
 
Too bad you don't have a photo of your asleep at the store. That would be a lifetime keeper! I like your DOR idea. I just finished washing my utility room and kitchen and I declare a DOR afternoon!
 
Yeah, but I haven't perfected selfies while sleeping yet, lol! I haven't even perfected selfies yet and don't feel much inclined to take them anyway.:snork: Enjoy your afternoon of rest, AOR! Sounds like you earned it @sistersinhim!
 
@Pheebs52, got a question: what do all the tags mean? I understand that FA is forum advisor but there are also junior members, and members and senior members and graduate and like you: postgraduate! How does one attain such an eminent stature?
 
They just depend on how many posts you've made, Nancy.
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom