Hi
@Grammy57 I agree that you need (and frankly, it’s easier) to follow your current plan.
I think a good number of THR patients are affected by IT band and bursitis issues, at least as is posted on the forum. I still can experience soreness in those areas especially when ramping up any exercises but it is short lived with icing, etc. I never had any pain there bad enough except to mention it to my OS in passing and for thoroughness. He would give simple suggestions which seemed to always work.
It was the groin pain that interfered in my daily activities and limited my exercise capabilities. It was definitely the hip flexor (iliopsoas.) The hard thing about these issues is that they don’t always hurt, they may not always “snap” (mine was more of a slide,) and could be caused by something completely separate.
However, the consistency of pain with movements or situations helps begin to narrow it down. OSs start with conventional non surgical treatment in continuation of the search for a definitive diagnoses. Process of elimination sometimes. At each stage, you’ll have options. Everyone involved hopes the simplest solutions are the answer. If not, then you decide whether to go on to the next, and maybe a more invasive, step. Other diagnostic tests can be used, etc., etc.
Again, my path was pretty linear because it was fairly clear what my issue was but it did take some time to work through to each step. My hope is that you will find a solution as quickly as possible because I’m sure you are pretty tired of the pain at this point. You’re going to need some faith in the process and a whole lot more of patience. I’m here if you need me. ❤ Pat