THR My thigh muscle is too weak

@Elf1 Yes, I would like that. I figured the injection was both diagnostic and hopefully therapeutic. I see the Dr a week from Monday. Not sure of the next step. Beginning to wonder if it's not even my hip but something else. So tired of this but plugging on.
 
I saw the Dr today. The injection helped some. Now I am scheduled for another injection for the ileopsoas bursa area. He thinks I have ileopsoas bursitis. He said if this doesn't work that he will have me see a "soft tissue" Dr, whatever that means. My next injection is in one week.
 
Glad to read the injection brought you some relief. I hope next weeks injection helps even more. Keep in touch and let us know.
A great week to you! @Grammy57
Hugs :friends:
 
@Layla,
Thanks. I hope it works also. I learned the hard way this week that I cannot lean forward in a seated position for any amount of time without a lot of pain. We were playing Uno on the coffee table and I was seated on the couch. I would lean forward and after a short amount of time I was in extreme pain.
 
I had the injection into the iliopsoas bursa (or whatever it's called) via ultrasound injection. That area is doing fine, (might still be numb?) but the groin pain returned, I guess it never left but the other pain was hiding it? Anyway, now the pain in my groin is going down the inside of my thigh and that has never happened before. This is so frustrating.

Thanks for listening to me.
 
Hello @Grammy57
Consider checking in with your surgeons care team and see if they have any advice for you aside from icing the area that is bothering you. Thankfully the injection seems to be bringing you some relief. Yay for that! I just noticed you passed a big anniversary.
Happy One Year Anniversary! I hope you find total relief soon.
 
Thank you. Yes, I have called and left a message. I haven't heard back yet. I am trying to take it easy today. But, on the up side, the hand surgeon says I'm ahead of the game and doing very well.
 
I do have another question. The Dr that did the injection did it with ultrasound. He said there was a lot of scar tissue. Can the scar tissue cause any problems? The injection seems to be helping, it's not totally gone, but it is better. But, I still have the deep, groin pain though it's not as painful as it was.
 
Well, I see the Dr on Monday. The injection into the psoas was great for about a week and then off and on pain until this week and the pain has gotten worse. At first is was m ostly at night but today it is all day and at a level of about a 4 and higher at night. Hoping for answers on Monday.
 
Hello Grammy,
I’m sorry you’re still dealing with pain. I hope you receive some answers and direction at your appointment on Monday. Wishing you the best! Please let us know how it goes.
@Grammy57
 
@Layla, Thanks. I hope so too. It has been so weird. Usually, either the groin or the greater trochanter area hurt for no known reason. Seldom both at the same time, but occasionally. With the groin pain back in full force and a total reprieve for over a week, I hope it tells them something. The OS said if it's the tendon or muscles I'd need to see a soft tissue Dr and I'm not sure what that is.
 
@Layla , I saw the Dr today. He said that because I had some relief from the injection he figues it is a soft tissue problem. He has ordered an MRI and when I have it I am supposed to call so they can make an appointment with another Dr in the practice. I'm a bit concerned, though, because when I had an MRI for this at the very beginning, nothing showed up and I ended up with all sorts of problems that finally led to my hip replacement.
 
Hello @Grammy57
I guess I don’t understand the appointment with the other doctor within the practice. Do you mean another Orthopedic surgeon, one of his colleagues? if so, I would have questioned why. Try not to project because we often let our mind go to the bad place imagining all worse case scenarios and it’s usually not the case. Hopefully you get these appointments scheduled soon and receive a diagnosis leading to some resolution.
Wishing you comfort and peace of mind as you wait. Keep us posted. We’re here for you.
 
Hi @Layla Yes, another Orthopedic surgeon in the office. The OS said he doesn't deal with soft tissue issues and this other Dr does. He said that if the injection into the hip joint would have helped it would have told him I had an issue with the hip replacement. Since it didn't help and the injection into the psoas bursa did help it means it is a soft tissue issue. My MRI will be next Monday if they get the pre-authorization from my insurance and then I'll see the new Dr on Friday.
 
I had an MRI on Monday and saw the new surgeon today. He didn't go over the MRI with me but did an exam. He asked questions and said I was running out of options. He said he would do a tendon release and if that didn't help that I would need a revision surgery on the hip. I would really like to see the first Dr but he is switching where he practices and I can't find him to make an appointment. I guess I need to know more about this surgery and recovery to make a good decision. I am leaning towards having it done, the big question is when.
 
The tendon release was the only thing that worked and kept working for me. I was so glad when I finally found a surgeon that took a serious look at the issue. Compared to the hip replacement, the surgery was a breeze for me. I did have to do some PT to strengthen the muscles and retain the brain (especially after 8 months of pain and difficulty moving), but it wasn't bad. The only thing I have difficulty with now is raising my knee above my waist. Even that should be possible but would take more work and I didn't see a need.
 
@SaraK Thanks. I have one last question, or maybe more a couple of questions. First, will it make riding my bike harder? Second, how long would you give between having the surgery and taking a trip (to visit my son, about 11 hour car ride). I was told I could schedule whenever I wanted to.
Thanks.
 
If you have a bike with clip so that you're using the foot to pull the pedal up, you'll be able to do it. It will take some of that PT time but you'll be able to strengthen it more than I did mine. If your talking about bike that you just push on pedal, probably no impact other than reducing pain.

I don't know about time for long trip, but I was able to drive on day 4 or 5 and really didn't have pain after 1st day. If you stop about once an hour to walk and stretch for 5-10 minutes, you could probably manage it fairly well after the first couple weeks as a passenger. If you're driving, it would depend on whether it's your right or left and, if right, how much you be able to use cruise control.
 
@SaraK Thank you so much. It's a regular bike I was asking about. We like to ride bikes when it's warmer, we live in MI. I will plan my surgery with a little time after the surgery. Thank you so much. I truly appre
 
I have one more question. Since my OS doesn't do soft tissue, i.e. psoas tendon release, how do I find a Dr that does this, without making a lot of appointments?
Thanks
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom