THR My thigh muscle is too weak

Hello @Grammy57 :wave:
Stopping by to say Hi and wish you a Happy Four Month Anniversary.
I hope you’re doing well. Wishing you a good week!
Take care.:)
 
I'm sorry I have been absent for so long. It has been crazy busy here and I really can't say exactly what makes it that way. :) I have been doing PT and not seeing any improvement. Then we went and picked up our grandson from PA almost 2 weeks ago. My son and grandson wanted to take a "walk". It ended up being a 5 mile hike in a wooded park. There had been a storm and a lot of trees were down so over and under trees also. What a work-out but it was good for me. Then my grandson wanted to go for a bike ride every day. That also wore me out but I find it is helping strengthen the muscles so I plan to keep it up. I have passed my 6 month anniversary and hope to continue to heal. Thank to all who have encouraged me. Oh, my daughter is doing well and hasn't had Covid patients for almost 2 months now. :)
 
Thanks for your response. It’s wonderful to hear from you! How awesome you’re noticing improvement through all the activity you’ve enjoyed with your grandson. Such promising news to read your daughter hasn’t seen any Covid patients for a good length of time, hopefully it stays that way.

A belated Happy Six Month Anniversary!
I hope you have a great Summer. :)
@Grammy57
 
So wonderful to get natural and fun PT with hiking and bike riding. Sounds like you are doing great and having fun which helps also.
 
I am still wondering when I will quit feeling the pain, though. :)
 
Hello and Happy Wednesday!
It may be the PT, @Grammy57
Consider stopping any and all PT for several weeks except for walking and engaging in the activities of daily living and see if the pain subsides...
Hopefully you’ll be pleasantly surprised. :yes:
I hope you have a good day! :SUNsmile:
 
@Layla , Thanks. I have not been to PT for the past 2 weeks. but I have been more active with my 12 yr old grandson's visit. More bike riding though I do not push myself in that activity. The pain has lessened some but not totally. I am trying to strengthen the thigh muscle as the PA seemed to think that was my problem at my last visit.
 
Well, I guess my bike ride yesterday did more damage than good. I tried to bike up a small hill. I felt the pull and got off and walked it up the hill. It seemed ok, but when I went for a walk just now, the outside, top of my thigh is very sore. Debating about PT tomorrow.
 
Please consider canceling. After all, why not? You’re currently hurting and it’s a good possibility it will only set you back further if you engage in PT tomorrow. You can always re-schedule for next week and see how you feel over the weekend.
@Grammy57
 
I did cancel, permanently. I am surprised at how long it is still hurting from a bike ride. Iced it yesterday. Trying to take it easy for a few days. Thanks for your help/opinions.
 
My son and grandson wanted to take a "walk". It ended up being a 5 mile hike in a wooded park. There had been a storm and a lot of trees were down so over and under trees also. What a work-out but it was good for me. Then my grandson wanted to go for a bike ride every day. That also wore me out

I think that canceling is a good thing due to how you’re feeling. I know you realize you overdid it recently so please give it some more time. Ice several times per day for for 45 minutes, no less, and see if the pain begins easing. Use OTC pain relievers as needed and step back from exercises and lengthy walks until you’re feeling better. Then begin slowly.
Wishing you comfort and speedy relief. Please stay in touch and let us know how you’re doing.

Remember also that your body is still healing and full recovery can take a year, even longer for some. You’re only half way there...
 
Thank you. That's what I told my husband, I had a bit of a set-back. Going slower but pushing on. :)
 
Hello again. I am still having groin pain issues, mostly at night. I have an appointment to see the Dr on Tuesday. To make matters worse, today I tripped and fell hard on my knees, harder on the left side. That fall has me hurting from my knee up into my hip. I'm glad I have my appointment coming. I took a good walk afterward but am resting now.
 
I’m sorry to hear you fell, Grammy. I hope you’re icing and taking OTC pain relievers as needed. Most often these falls so many experience are more frightening than damaging.
It’s good you have an appointment with your surgeon on Tuesday. Hopefully you will gain some reassurance on all through that visit. Please keep us posted. We’re here for you!
May your day be a peaceful one. :console2:
@Grammy57
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom