THR My recovery thread.

My hip replacement was 2 days before yours @allena and my restriction of having to lie on my back ended last Saturday. Over week have gradually found myself side lying or changing position which feels so good.
I did a longer walk yesterday but too far for my crutches so back on pain relief tonight after few weeks off...
Believe we will get there in the coming year though in ways we cannot imagine right now...
Healing hugs from across the pond
 
Hi.christmas day was quiet.I was home with the cats.Christmas eve is my christmas .I went to choir practise,the christmas eve service(it's one of my favorite ones),then went to a get together at a friends house.I didn't get to bed till pretty late.
 
@Cathippy .I hope so.I am afraid to hope for too much-would i like to ride a bike?yes!will it happen?I don't know.It seems unlikely and I won't count on it.That's just a example.There's no way to know what will happen till it does.
I was very happy when I could turn over-even if it is just my left side.I am hoping I can roll ober on my right side one day.
I hope we both heal as soon as possible.
 
I did alot of walking yesterday.i walked to the communal mailbox and back,all over krogers and all over aldis .I was sore and tired,but I did it.I am hoping one day I can walk much further.
It feels so good to do normal stuff.:)
 
I was given a pedometer.I want to see how many steps I am walking.I will find out soon.
 
Glad to hear you have been out and about.
Slow and steady is winning this race.:egypdance:
Hope you have a good day today!
 
Hi @allena
I’ve just caught up with your thread. You amaze me how you coped on your own, and looked after your kitties too. I loved your line about the meowalula chorus! I haven’t read your pre op thread, but as you mentioned a wheelchair I gather you have had a tough time in your life. Which makes your progress even more impressive.

I hope you have a great day.
 
Thanks.I'm glad I gave you a good laugh.Yes,it was.My hip was dislocating.It was so bad that I could barely walk and it was very painful.One leg was shorter than the other and at a weird angle.It was in very sad shape,so I had to have the surgery done.
Thankfully I am used to limitations and disability so I could adapt .In any case I do live alone so there was no one to help me most of the time.
 
Happy Friday :hi:
You did do a lot of walking yesterday! :walking:
Kroger's, Aldi, the mailbox. Good for you, allena. Normal stuff for sure but satisfying once again as early recovery gets so boring. Hopefully you're not sore today.
Enjoy the day....the weekend too. :SUNsmile:
@allena
 
It felt like I did.lol
I'm ok.No more sore than usual.I'm always a bit sore and stiff in the first hour I'm up,but that's normal for me.
I do intend to walk abit less though.I think I overdid it a little bit.
If the weather permits I'm going to run a few errands.I hope you have a good weekend too.
:)
 
I was curious if I could take a bath.It didn't say one way or the other in my discharge papers,so i called the doctors office up.They said i could.It's nice to know I could,but really I can't.If I got down in the tub I am unsure I could get up!so i won't risk it.A shower is fine.I don't want to have to call for the jaws of life to get me out of the tub!lol
 
Hi @allena
Sorry but that man who suggested less rides at your church made me feel so mad had to express that! In fact in future if I know anyone has had surgery I will be enquiring if I can help giving them a lift anywhere in future!
I use plugs in kitchen for all my plug ins and long cable on hair dryer. Cannot hoover though as cannot reach so have to leave that to hubby. :loll:
Am driving now but cannot do big shop with crutches.
It will get better but in meantime sending you healing hug.
 
Ps @allena how come you cannot drive?
Six weeks post op here in uk and apart from having to be careful where i park at stores be a life saver being able to drive
 
I don't have to worry about vacuming.i don't have carpeting.
I am not sure.i think it's because it's my right leg and the doctor is very cautious.
Its possible I might be able to now.i haven't called the doctor's office and asked.i won't be seeing him till January 17th.
 
Happy Saturday, allena
I hope you're having a good one.
Any plans for NYE? I'll bet you'll be out tearin up the town :happydance: :spin: :dancy: :cheers:Just kidding, lol.
I'll be in bed before the clock strikes midnight :sleep:
Hope your hip is feeling good today and you're seeing steady improvement.
A great weekend to you!
@allena
 
Maybe you could ring drs office Monday and ask....our royal college of surgeons say 6wks providing you are not sedated by pain killers and can do emergency stop!
Means on wet icy miserable days can drive to store and walk round as part of PT or drive to library to read somewhere different. Doing things really helps me feel better and manage any pain or frustration I feel.
Wishing you a happy Sunday @allena and praying for you
 
Hi Allena, Hope you are home and doing much better now. I’m almost 3 weeks out, took a walk outside yesterday for the first time and it was so liberating!!!!
I am so grateful to have that stabbing, grinding pre-op pain gone.
Sounds like interrupted sleep is the norm for a while. I console myself with that the bathroom trips keep blood flowing and give me a change of position. By staying on top of the pain, it’s pretty easy to doze off again.

In our pre-op class they told us to be sure to talk with our room nurse and night nurse. It was our choice to be awakened to get pain med and stay ahead of it or sleep through and take meds when you awake. Pros and cons both ways. If you don’t ask...they won’t wake you.

Here’s to recovery!!!!
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • sistersinhim
    Staff member since March 20, 2017
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom