Guest viewing is limited

THR My recovery thread.

don't think I'll ever be take normal stuff for granted ever again.Normal is special and beautiful.

An attitude of gratitude. I love it, allena
I think this surgery can be life changing in more ways than a new joint and losing physical pain
It reminds us to be thankful and not take simple things for granted.
 
That's wonderful, allena! I'm very happy for you.
All of those "firsts" after THR are so fulfilling. May there be more and more firsts for you.
Enjoy the afternoon and evening!
@allena
 
:yes!:
Making a joyful noise...:angel:

So glad to see you getting along so well...this surgery IS lifechanging!
Just two short months...and what a milestone!:yahoo:
 
It certainly is.I still can't walk anywhere near a mile,but it's better than it was before.According to my booklet I should be able to walk a half mile to a mile.Apparently im behind schedule.
I actually don't know how far I can walk .I only know it's a short distance.
 
Please don't worry about that booklet. The information is only a guideline. Your recovery is your's alone. No need to push for distance at anytime - it will come when that hip is ready.
 
Thanks.I am not really all that worried about it.its good to know I am not a slow poke in terms of recovery though.
 
Good Morning,
You're going at your own pace. The only pace you can do, so it's right for you.
You're doing great, allena. A far cry from the, allena, pre-op. I'm happy you're no longer in major pain and are progressing nicely. Have a great Tuesday!
@allena
 
Dear allena,

I just want to say that i am sorry that i have not been checking in with you lately. I know you know why and i appreciate your support on my thread.

I remain your biggest fan and continue to be thrilled by your amazing recovery. I don't think that you fully appreciate how well you have done! Perhaps you are not walking as far as you would like yet, but, considering your other health challenges you are doing so well. Try not to compare yourself to others as there are so many variables to recovery that it is pointless.

I will be going off the radar soon as going back to nurse my mum but rest assured i am thinking of you and wishing you the very best.

Ginny x
 
It's ok.I think you have a greater concerns than talking to me.It's nice of you to think of me.I have been thinking of you too.
I expected it would take longer than the average time for some things due to my knee.also my leg was weak from lack of use.I will try not to compare myself to others.I am doing better than I thought I would truth be told so I am pretty happy.
I appreciate the good thoughts.I wish you the best too.I hope you have a good day as possible.
 
:hi: Happy Friday. It sure is for me! Long week.
Tomorrow will be your two month hipversary:wowspring:
Won't be long before you can try out some "new moves"
Just remember when you get restrictions lifted that isn't the time to try it all out full-on!
Your body will be your guide.
You've done so well...:yes:
Inspirational for those with upcoming THR!:yes!:
 
I promise I'll be careful.I want to get dressed normally and tie my shoes first of all.The biggest challenge will be walking very far any time soon.It will come eventuly.I am really hoping one day soon I can roll over on my right side.
thanks.one more month and I can FINALLY get back to normal.(whatever that will be for me).
 
Thank you @allena
Hope you have a good weekend too.
:catdance:
That cat makes me dizzy:giggle:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom