THR My recovery thread.

Try not to worry about it anyway, allena
Tell yourself IF it ever happens...you'll deal with it.
You didn't think you could handle this and you're doing great!
Handling it like a champ :ok:
@allena
 
I'm not really worried. It was just a unpleasant thought.
Thanks.thats true.
I am surprised things are going as well as they are,but I am very glad they are.
 
One day I'll need the hip tightened up or some such thing.
What does this mean? My THR is almost 9 years old and I've been a member of Bonesmart for about that long. I've never heard of an artificial hip being "tightened up". I don't even understand what that would involve.



Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk
 
I didn't mean to confuse you.I meant a revision surgery.
Ive heard the hip replacement gets loose and needs tightened up.
 
If an artificial joint becomes loose, it is no longer securely attached to the bone. It has to be removed and replaced in a revision surgery. There is not a way to "tighten" a prosthesic joint that is loose. That is very uncommon though. Most people never experience loosening of their THR.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk
 
I didn't know that.That's good to know.thanks for the information.
 
Hi @allena,

Sometimes (most of the time!) i can drive myself near to insanity by worry. Most of these worries never actually happen. Recently i started a new notebook called " Anti worry book" in it i write down what i am worried about on that day (usually a big list) and give it a score out of 10. Then the deal i have made with myself is that then i cannot give any worry time to the matter for the next 48 hours. So say i have a worry today i cannot think about it again till Saturday when i give it another score.

I bet you can work out what has been happening. Yes who new that the emergency/tragic event/fatal illness etc did not actually happen. Even worse by 48 hours i have forgotten a lot of the things that i was worried about and when i had to score them they got a big fat zero. The shame!

I think that there is a couple of things going on here, firstly by writing my worries down i can see how silly most of them are, but even if not silly just articulating how i feel makes me feel powerful, not so much of a victim.

But the main thing it has taught me is that worry is a habit and habits can be broken with a bit of grit and persistence. Why am i twittering on about this on your thread? Because my Soul Sister i think that you will probably agree that we both tend to worry, but i am fed up with the worry habit and i am going to do my up most to break it. I have seen improvements already with my new book. Frankly some of the things that i have put down have made me blush, not because they are saucy but because the innocent non scary things i have worried about in a panic mode just prove it is my way of seeing the world that is causing the problem not the actual world.

Warmest wishes,

Ginny x
 
@Ginny12 .Hi!Yes,I do.I am not happy about it,but i do.
I hope you're day was good.It was a dreary rainy day here.I had errands to run,so too bad.It could have been worse though.Rain is better than snow.
 
Hope today is a bright sunny one for you, allena.
With any luck you finishined your errands yesterday. I have one of those running around days on tap.
Shop till you drop. Doing lots of gift cards this year....much easier. I need to buy
presents for my grandkids though. They need things to rip open to make it fun.
Young kids don't want gift cards :tantrum:
Enjoy your day!
@allena
 
I'm done with the errands.I'm done christmas shopping.I went the gift card route since I had no young children to buy gifts for.Happy shopping.I hope you find some bargains.
It's pouring the rain.Today will be my last day of physical therapy.Yeah.It's not the worst thing ever,but its not exactly enjoyable either.The fact that I will done with this soon makes me very happy.:)
 
I was evaluated today.I did much better on the whole that I did the first time.That doesn't surprise me.They gave me a work out plan and two stretchy bands.
 
Hey my hippy pal!
Wishing you a Merry Christmas!:kittychris:
:reindeersleigh
 
gave me a work out plan and two stretchy bands
I would not recommend doing any exercise with bands. Not needed and it will only make you sore. Now that you are discharged from physio all that is really needed is just getting on with normal daily activities. Enjoy that new hip!
 
thanks.I am trying to walk as much as i can-not that it's very far yet,but it's ok.eventuly I'll do better.
 
Hi allena,
How was your Christmas? Quiet? I recall you weren't too excited about it.
I'll bet you're glad it's behind us now.
Mine was nice...but with a large family our first of a few gatherings began on Sunday, so it was loooong.
I'm happy it's history for another year.
I hope you have a nice Thursday!
@allena
 
Back
Top Bottom