Guest viewing is limited

THR My recovery thread.

So wonderful, allena. I couldn't be any happier for you.
I'm glad you were strong enough to face your fears head on in an effort to lose the pain and have a better quality of life. You're stronger than you think.
Happy Tuesday, make it a good one!
@allena
 
@allena

I am so pleased to read that your pain levels have reduced so much. Like you i often thought that my pre-op pain was not so bad, it was my decreasing mobility that forced me to face up to the surgery. However, now that i am largely pain free i realize just how much pain i was in. It's true that we humans seem to be able to adapt to good or bad events and in this instance pain.

Great news and you so deserve a break. x
 
@layla.thanks.i hope you have a good,day too.
@ginny12.thanks.that is so true.the pre op pain was horrible.im glad it doesn't hurt so much now
@SurreyGirl .thanks.The knee is doing better than it was pre surgery.it will never be completely normal though.its bone on bone and and a bit deformed.that being said it usually does not hurt much.only certain movements cause me to have much knee pain.mini squats for instance.ouch!thankfully I can walk just fine and most movements are ok.
I won't say I'll never have it operated on,but I am not concerned about it at this point in time.
 
Allena, you don't have to respond to this question, just think about it though, do you really feel you need to do the mini squats? Especially if they hurt....I think I'd cut them out if I were you.
@allena
 
I don't do them anymore.It's a very good question.
I was told to do them,but I decided it wasn't worth it to do them.
I don't mind some discomfort,but I hate pain.
 
Hi allena,

I hope that all is well with you.

My husband has just put up some Christmas decorations and despite myself i think that they look good. We are hosting our local book group tonight so that should be fun. It is mainly gossip and the book an afterthought. My husband is the sole male in the group and he loves it!

Take care,

Ginny x
 
I haven't decorated yet and probably wont.
Lol.Im glad he's happy.
I went to physical therapy today.
They think I should be able to walk normally in a month.i should be able to walk a normal distance in a month and a half to two monthes.
I asked what is a normal distance?apparently walking around the Charleston town center mall is normal distance.its a average size mall.
I will be evaluated this friday.
 
A month isn't too long to have something to look forward to.
Sounds like you continue to make progress :yay:
You'll be walking normal distances unaided and hopefully pain free in the foreseeable future.
It's wonderful, allena. I hope you have a nice evening!
@allena
 
So glad to pop by and see you doing so well.
Hope all continues to get better and better!:happyfeet:
 
someone said the hip surgery was like a miracle.I said it is,but with conditions.In the short term there's the restictions.I'll have to be extra careful if i get a infection.One day I'll need the hip tightened up or some such thing.If I live a really long time I'll need another new hip.
I am not trying to be negative here,just being realistic.I figure sometime in my 60's I'll need another surgery.
I figure I should have anywhere from 12 to 16 years of my hip being better.That beats nothing at all.
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom