THR My recovery thread.

@layla.I have no plans.I usually am in bed by 10.lolI am feeling good today.I am .thanks.
 
Yes,I am doing well.Some days are better than others,but today is a good one.
I agree.Pre op pain sucks.I am glad you could get out for abit.Yes,sadly it takes awhile to sleep well again.I let them know when I needed a pain pill.They woke me up enough as it was.:(
 
Happy New Year to you, allena.
Wishing you all the best in 2019!
@allena
 
Happy New Year, @allena
It will be a brilliant new year for us!
Glad you can drive...I'm sure that makes you feel less stuck...
 
I sure do hope it better!Yes,it does.
I hope you have a good day .
 
Great news on the driving, allena
Hopefully the next month flies by, you'll be off restrictions and on your way!
Have a great Wednesday :)
@allena
 
:hi: Coming up on two months and I sure hope things are getting better and better for you.
Have you been driving about our is the weather been too bad for much of that ?
I remember being super anxious about some fool running into me with my still healing hips!
Thank goodness my job is only a few miles and light traffic!
Hope you have a good weekend!
:SUNsmile:
 
Yes,I have been driving.No,the weather hasn't been too bad.It's been mild for January-And I like that alot.I hate the cold and snow and ice.I have been careful of coarse,but i always am.I hope you have a good weekend too.
I am doing well,but it feels like a holding pattern.I am still feeling rather hobbled and limited.I'll be so glad when I can bend over!Thankfully I am used to being somewhat disabled.My biggest problem now is a lack of patience.I am tired of waiting for the restrictions to be lifted-yet I must wait.
I am still using a cane-not that I mind that.I still have a little limp.
I just want to get back to whatever normal is gonna be for me-I am sure it won't be 100 percent.That's all I know for sure.
I guess I am being a bit redundant,but it's pertinent to the conversation.
 
I am glad to feel better.I am more or less back where I was at least 10 years ago as far as my hip is concerned.In the case of my knee I am probably back about 5 years ago-not normal by any means ,but somewhat better.I won't say my hip area is 100 percent yet.It's still abit sore at times and i can't roll over on my right side.
I will ask the os about steroid shots for my knee.It didn't do much for the hip,but it might help the knee.It's worth a try anyway.
 
Woohoo! Pretend you're 38 again. Maybe not but at least you're feeling like it.
Your hip area won't be 100% ever only because Man cannot match what God gave you. My belief spiritually and worldly. I was told that by my OS's PA but not in those exact words. But....you can get pretty darned close, allena and I believe it was Irish Joe who once said if he's only ever 95% he'll take it. And who wouldn't after what most of us experienced. I've heard you say it too, allena. Mentioning you're used to pain and can possibly tolerate more than another.

Feeling sore around your incision area sounds normal to me at not even two months post op. It will settle over time. Just think of all that was cut through there and it wasn't even two months ago. I don't believe I was comfortable laying on my op side at two months out either. It will come.
A great weekend to you!
@allena
 
lol!That's true.I had no choice in the matter.I am glad I will be able to roll over eventuly.I'm guessing at 3 monthes or so.I hope you have a good weekend.That is true.I'd be happy with any improvement.I figure after the restrictions are lifted I'll be able to do more.:)I don't think I'll ever be take normal stuff for granted ever again.Normal is special and beautiful.
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • sistersinhim
    Staff member since March 20, 2017
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom