Guest viewing is limited

THR My recovery thread.

it's been ok.No.I never am though.I don't like christmas.I just meant that I have dropped alot of things.though I did nearly lose my balance once.
 
@allena

I hope you are well. Are you a big Christmas person? Do you have Boxing day in the US (26th Dec)?

Wishing you continued healing and Agnes free days.

Ginny x
 
@allena

Just read that you are not keen on Christmas in your previous post, me too. xx
 
I'm doing ok.no boxing day here.yes,agnes free is good.I'm glad I'm not the only person who is not excited by christmas.
 
@allena

When anybody asks if i am excited by Christmas these days i tell the truth and say no. When i was younger i didn't have the courage to tell my truth as people often cannot understand and think that you are a right misery. But i suspect that we probably both feel like this because of our childhoods. I know i do as because of my mum's drinking problem the whole holiday was agony for me. I have a memory like an elephant.

I feel that the best way to get thru Christmas is to have low expectations and if nobody argues the day has been a success! So you are not alone in not looking forward to it and i think you may be surprised that quite a lot of people (for various reasons) feel the same.

On a lighter note i am thrilled that all is going well for you. x
 
Yes,it does go back to my childhood.It's the same for me.Low expectations.It works for me.
It is.I did over due it yesterday.I walked too much so now my hyip is pretty sore.I'm sure I'll feel better tomorrow.
If by some miracle I ever get to go to to England I wouldn't mind meeting you.We have so much in common.It's highly unlikely.I'm much too poor to to be able to afford to travel.
 
@allena

I would love it if we could meet too, maybe some day...

You are right we do have a lot in common, that's why i was drawn to your thread. I recognized a kindred spirit. I am off to bed now but i will be keeping my fingers crossed that your hip is behaving itself tomorrow. x
 
Doesn't have to be a big Christmas.
Just a small tree with twinkling lights (so zen) :treestar:and the peace from within from knowing you are going to have such a beautiful new year and that people Do care about that.
You and @allena can have your own sweet Christmas.
Just a good time to be still and know that all will be okay.

Sorry it was spoiled for you earlier in life...give to someone who has nothing, and pray for peace on earth!:reindeerlights:
 
@Ginny 12.Yes,maybe someday.I hope it feels better today.I have been trying to rest it today.I hope you sleep well.ZZZZZZZZ
 
I figure next year will be better-I sure do hope it is.If nothing else I will be in less pain and walking better.
I like christmas trees.I think they are pretty.they are one of the few things about Xmas I like.
I do like to help others when I can.lately I have been the one needing help.
 
My church has been helpful.Various people have offered to give me rides to physical therapy.Yeah.I'm glad that I won't have to catch the bus.It's cold outside and the bus is slow.
 
You deserve some kindness and TLC.
Plenty of time to "give back"
Hang in there my hippy pal.:friends:
Next year will be a great year.:tree2;
 
You are...and your best has been Fabulous !
Not even One Month!
You are brave and blessed.
That's the Best!
Hope tonight is peaceful.
:ice::sleeep:
 
Thanks.I hope you sleep well too.I am tired.I'll be going to bed early tonight.
 
Well, you have your Church family for Christmas and that's all you really need.
You'll be surrounded by love and hear stories of the true meaning of Christmas.
The rest of it is all just fluff anyway.
I hope you have a nice Saturday, allena.
Hugs
@allena
 
@allena

Hope that your day is going well and your hip good.

I drove today for the first time since before the op. I must admit i was pretty bad with the gears/brake for the first 10 minutes and then it was fine. Do you have an automatic car? We don't have that many of them in the UK, not really sure why as i have driven one and much easier.

Hopefully you will be cleared to drive soon, did i read in a previous post January for you? That will be here before you know it.

Warmest wishes

Ginny x
 
Back
Top Bottom