Guest viewing is limited

THR My recovery thread.

It's been ok.My hip feels much better.it's a automatic.It should be sometime this month thankfully.I'm glad you are able to drive now.
 
Hi @allena

Just checking in on you. I hope that all is well and that is wonderful news that you will be able to drive again soon. I must admit it is really good to be driving again. Also your hip feeling better is great news too. xx
 
Hi @allena You are probably asleep by now. Sounds like you had a good weekend. Hope your hip settled from overdoing it a bit . We don't know what we can do until we try...sometimes that is a bit of overdoing it and having a rest day the next day.

Wishing you a good Monday :SUNsmile:

P.S. The true meaning of Christmas is what matters, nothing more. Wonderful that you have church family to spend time with:) :-) (:.
 
Good morning.I was such a sleepyhead.I slept at least 10 hours.
It was ok.so true.
I hope you have a good monday too.
What a pretty horse.What's his/her name?
 
I have abit less than two months then I should be healed.I won't have to deal with the restictions.I will find out what my new normal will be.I can't wait!Some things are better already -there will be more things that are better then.The first thing I will do is tie my shoes.I haven't done that in a long time.
 
Wow, that's some sleep, you're lucky, many may be envious.

I'm happy you're feeling / doing so well but a word of caution...Even though your hip is feeling great,
It will be a long time before it's fully healed. I don't want to get graphic about all that goes on during THR
but there is a lot of repair going on, under the surface, that can take up to a full year, even longer to completely heal. I'm cautioning you, allena because once we start feeling better, minimal or no pain, it's easy to overdo it. I don't want to see you end up in the ODIC (Over Did It Club) or worse yet, hurt yourself. Please keep this in mind.

I also don't want to see you set yourself up for disappointment in that you may, or may not, be able to tie your shoes once restrictions are lifted. Some of these things take time and what you can't do one day, you may be able to do in a few weeks, a month, or even months later. This is a process and I want you to be aware of that.
I hope you have a nice Monday and a great week!
@allena
 
Thanks for the info.I'll keep that in mind.I'll do my best to not overdue it.
I still have some hip pain,but it does hurt less than it did.
I hope you have a good day and a good week too.
 
Hi @allena

I agree with Layla it is so tempting to overdo things. But you seem to have your act together so good for you.

My next big thing is trying to take my dog for a walk without getting pulled over. She is not much smaller than me and very strong. I bought a special harness to stop her pulling but i am not risking it yet. This is where cats are easier to manage as we both know no need to walk them!

I hope that your day is going well.

Ginny x
 
Yes.cats are awesome that way.I wish you luck with that.
Its been ok so far.
 
Hi @allena

I hope that all is well with you.

As you may recall my dog is also called Ginny. She is a spaniel cross, however, i think that she must have been crossed with a horse as she is massive. Lovely girl but very strong and mad for running and chasing things. I have been very reluctant to take her out for obvious reasons. But today because my husband is away and she was vibing me with her sad eyes i decided to take a chance. Fortunately all went well and her new harness stopped her pulling quite dramatically. It does not go over her face but around her body, if she pulls it's as if she has a corset on. So another little thing that makes life seem more normal again.

My cat, Archie, is elderly and bad tempered. He is the boss and Ginny is frightened of him. I have no idea how cats get to be so great. If i come back in another life i will request to be a pampered cat. Sorry if i have bored you with my animal news, the gist of what i meant to say is each day brings little jolts of joy when something as simple as taking the dog out can be done again.

Warmest wishes

Ginny x
 
you weren't boring at all.you made me laugh.
So true.ive noticed that too and I like it alot.Eventuly it will add up to alot of things.
Today has been a good day.its been cold ,but sunny.i got some errands run.
 
Alena, It sounds like you’re doing well and making good progress. I don’t know how long “ log leg” lasts, but I have one now, and it has a mind (or no mind) of its own. Sometimes I can bend the knee on its own without too much discomfort, then, 30 minutes later it just won’t budge. There’s no rushing it, just do the ankle, quad, glute exercises when you can. I constantly refer back to the forum’s article on activity during recovery; it reminds me that progress isn’t measured in grand accomplishments, unless you call getting into bed independently a grand accomplishment (which I do!!!). Take care today and rest up.
 
Happy One Month Anniversary, allena!
Can you believe it's a month already and how far you've come?
I hope you're having a good morning. Enjoy the rest of the day!
@allena
 
@layla.Hi.Thanks.Ive done much better than I expected.I got up and walked to the kitchen without using the cane without thinking about it.Yeah. that's got to be a good sign.Of coarse it's safer to use the cane at this point in time.
It's been a good morning so far.i hope you have a good day too.
 
@Atkinson8 .Log leg sucks.It took about 3 weeks for mine to get much better.It took a month for it to go away.I am so glad.
Yes,getting in the bed on you're own is a accomplishment.Little things aren't little really.
I hope you're log leg goes away soon.
 
@allena

Never a truer statement said than your "Little things aren't little really". Wise or what?

I am going to write that down and repeat it like a mantra. It applies to any area of life. I hope that you continue to do well. Get you walking without a cane, i agree it is a fabulous sign, but as you said maybe keep the cane going a bit longer too.

Warmest regards x
 
I'm glad you like it.I've learned that from experience.
I'm not in a great hurry to not use the cane.I'll know when it's time to do so.It defintely isnt the time yet.
I i hope you have a good day.
 
Last edited:

Staff online

  • Roy Gardiner
    Staff member since February, 23, 2013
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom