Guest viewing is limited

THR My recovery thread.

My complicated health situation is one reason why I don't think I'll ever be 100 percent normal.even when I'm fully recovered.ill take whatever I can get.
 
My leg is feeling stronger,but I'm still not up to using a cane.My pain level is pretty low now-a 4 on average(though it can be a 5 too sometimes).I'm not feeling quite so tired.I'm sleeping better.I can walk a bit further than I could.I am glad things are getting better.
 
Last edited:
@allena,

Great news that you are feeling a bit stronger and not so tired either. As for sleep that really is the foundation of everything. I am a big napper, might only be half an hour but it really helps me as i am not a good sleeper at the best of times.

I think that you should be so proud of yourself and what you have achieved! I could not do what you have!!!

Thanks for checking in on my thread, i got a little jolt of pleasure when your post turned up.

Warmest wishes,

Ginny xx
 
you're welcome.
Thanks.I'm used to being alone and disabled.I have more restrictions than I used to otherwise it's the usual pattern continuing.
I'm so proud of myself.I figured out how to sweep the area around my cat box.I put the dustpan with a long handle and the broom on my rollater,took it the cat box area and then swept the mess up.Cat litter was all over the place.
 
Good for you! Look at, allena, being resourceful.
It feels good to get things done that need our attention. One more step toward independence.
I hope you had a nice day and have a great Sunday!
@allena
 
Yes,it does.i love being independent. There's a few things I can't seem to figure out.
It was a ok day.i hope youre Sunday is good too.
 
That's great, allena!
You'll have wheels, even if they're not your first choice.
I hope he gets it done for you soon.
Sweet dreams tonight :sleep:
@allena
 
He will come by monday.At this point in time any wheels will do!I will catch the bus.Ive done it before.Krt is slow,but it beats having to ask for so many rides.I will be able to be more independent.
I hope you sleep well too.
 
Glad to hear you have someone who will help you to get "mobile"
You will find that you will be able to walk longer periods with more time.
Hope your Sunday is sweet.
 
that is true.I'll be glad when/if I can ever walk enough so that I don't need the wheelchair.If that never happens so be it.I'll still have a better hip.I hope you have a good day too.
 
@allena

Sounds like you are doing better every day, well done. No picnic this recovery business if one lives alone. Do you realize how many problems you are sorting out that would fell another person?

Agnes kept me awake last night over some drivel, not even to do with my hip. But i just kept thinking let her drone away she will be gone tomorrow. When i woke up i had forgotten all about the 'drivel'. Just shows me that we can beat Agnes if we don't give her too much oxygen.

I hope that Miss Sunshine is still the boss with you, she is definitely around a lot more for me these days.

Love

Ginny xx
 
That's true. I guess not.i have never thought about it.i am used to solving problems.
I think I'm doing ok mostly .
I am stubborn .if I can find a way I will find it .
 
Last edited:
:ok:Glad you had a good day.
Singing is so good for the soul.
Hope today is a Good Day!:SUNsmile:
 
Thanks.yes,it is.i hope you're day is good too.
I'm so happy!I not only rolled over last night,but I was able to sleep awhile that way.
When I rolled over on my back I didn't put the ice pack back on my hip.I slept just fine.
I noticed something the other day.one of my cats got sick and threw up on my wheelchair.i half squatted and used the golfers pose to reach the mess to clean it up.before the operation I could not have squatted so low.
 
I love that you're seeing benefits of having had the surgery already! Did @Ginny12 cat send some cosmic vibes to your cat? I hope you have a great day Allena.
 
Singing with the choir, rolling over in bed with ease, squatting (properly) to clean up kitty messes,
what next? :shrug: You're on your way, allena! Thinking back to how you felt pre-op...wasn't THR so worth it?
And to think it will get better and better.
I hope you have a great Monday. :flwrysmile:
@allena
 
Back
Top Bottom