Guest viewing is limited

THR My recovery thread.

I was reading on facebook that someone had their hip replaced a month ago and now they can walk 6 miles!Wow!or someone else who said they were back to normal after 3 weeks.They could do yoga!
I am glad I am doing well,but I am nowhere near being able to walk 6 miles or do yoga again.They must have had the anterior approach.In my case it was anterior lateral so some muscles were cut.Some people get very lucky indeed.
 
Good morning Allena. You'll be back to all the things you love when your new hip is ready. Just think if how much more you'll appreciate those things after taking a vacation from them. I hope you have a marvelous day!
 
They must have had the anterior approach
Probably not and please don't believe everything you read. Walking 6 miles at only one month out sounds totally fake as does yoga at 3 weeks. Every recovery is different - even on the same person. But it all takes time. These are more "fantasy recoveries" - not the real thing.
 
@allena

I can't remember who posted the theory that although some people seem to have a relatively easy recovery, they probably have other issues that are not reported. Not because of any sense of withholding the truth but more because we all focus on different things and our perceptions are different. I just had a look at the thread that Layla recommended above and the man with the knee surgery is really a classic case of this. That said i totally understand why there is a tendency to emphasis how well we do as it bigs up the ego. We all have ego and it takes a bit of a knock when one cannot look after oneself.

I save my ire for the relatives/friends who say "so and so was doing such and such after a week". I don't understand the mentality of saying things like this to somebody who has just had an op. At best it is thoughtless but the implication seems to be "what's wrong with you"? I think anybody who has got the diagnosis of arthritis at a relatively young age has probably had a similar thing "Arthritis at your age"! The judgement i have received off lots of people has been quite shocking at times. And not all paranoia on my part either.

Also lets not forget that you do have some other health challenges to deal with, so considering all that, you are doing a fabulous job and in a great place recovery wise. Way ahead of the pack if you want to think of it like that.

Now a very wise lady, lets call her allena, told me that "Little things aren't little really". If you added up all your little victories pre and post op i think that you could safely claim to achieved a great deal.

As ever warmest regards,

Ginny x
 
We are too young to put up with bad hips, that's for sure.

There are things I probably could have done earlier on in my recovery, but I wanted to give these new hips all the time they needed.
Just because we can, doesn't mean we should.
All of this will be worth the recovery ...
Hope your weekend is sweet, allena!
 
How's your Saturday going, allena?
I hope well. I'll bet you're feeling stronger week by week.
Counting down the days until driving and no restrictions. I'll bet 2019 will be a good year for you.
@allena
 
It's been good.I ran some errands and went to choir practice.
Yes,I am.
I think it probably will beI certainly do hope so!
I hope you're saturday has been good too.
 
Thanks @allena
It wasn't good yesterday...but it was productive.
Myself and a few family members moved a whole house of furniture for my mother...to her new house.
Steps without a landing at her new home so very difficult.
My quads ache today...hips all good though!:friends:
I'm going to chill today to make up for it.
Hope today is a good day!:roseshwr:
 
Hi @allena,

Just checking in to say hello. I hope that all is well with you.

The weather in the UK is very varied, even in the space of one day it could rain, snow, have sunshine and be windy. I actually like the variety and today there is beautiful sunshine so me and my dog have been out for a walk. I have you to thank for my house being considerably tidier since i started to focus on "little things". It is truly amazing how much one can get done if tasks are broken down into tiny chunks.

Keep the being fabulous up!

Ginny x
 
@Mojo333 .I hope you feel better tomorrow.it sucks to be on pain.I hope you have a good day too.
@Ginny12 .I'm glad you're house is cleaner.you made me laugh.fabulous?you're gonna give me a big head.lol
I'm able to do abit more housework.when I can I will properly clean it (February 3rd).
I will keep on being fabulolus.:loll:
I hope you have a good day.
 
my pain level is so low that i don't even notice it sometimes.I like that alot.It's a wonderful thing.Not that I am feeling none at all,but it's very manageable.
 
Great news to read, allena! I'm so happy for you.
And thinking back on the pre-op anxiety, while miserable, was worth the end result.
Chronic pain is the worst. I hope you have a pleasant evening.

Hubs and I will soon be off to my granddaughter's school Christmas band concert.
Have any earplugs you want to share? :heehee:
Ten year olds aren't the best with instruments. Lol.
@allena
 

Staff online

  • Roy Gardiner
    Staff member since February, 23, 2013
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom