THR My recovery thread.

Mostly yes,but there are some bad things too.I hate the restrictions!especially the no bending rule.
I have to keep reminding myself that I'll be free of the horrible things come early feburary.

Last edited:
I had a good day.I ran some errands.Sadly my friend was too busy to come by and fix my wheelchair problem.Hopefully he can come by soon.

Happy to hear you had a good day, allena.
I hope tomorrow is even better :)
@allena

Hi @allena Sounds like you are figuring out how to work around the restrictions....I hate them too! My right hip recovery is almost at 12 weeks, but I'm still not able to use that leg for the "good" leg for golfer's reach, but I figure out ways. So glad you are starting to see the benefits of this surgery....and it is only going to get better :)

I really hope your friend can come and sort out the electric plug on your chair soon, so it is easy for you to plug in.
You are amazing, doing this hip surgery on your own! I'm in awe of you :kitty:.

Wishing you a comfortable night and a good day tomorrow.:SUNsmile:

@Alitim.It's even worse for you.I feel almost lucky by comparison.
thanks.me too.
Thanks.I have never thought of myself as amazing-just doing what had to be done.Life goes on.
I did sleep pretty well thankfully.
I'll be SO glad come early feburary.If you hear a faint whoo hoo then it's probably me .lol

Last edited:
I am so happy!for two reasons.one I can use a cane now.a 4 point cane,but I don't care.eventuly I will be able to use a single point cane.
Two the physical therapist had a good idea.he said to sit in a chair beside the wheelchair and plug it in.it worked!happy,happy,joy,joy

Congrats on graduating to the cane, allena, that's awesome! :yay:
Love that PT had an idea for plugging in your wheelchair....and it worked! :happydance:
Milestones along the way. Slowly but surely you're progressing. :yes!:
Hope you sleep well tonight!
@allena

Its a cold and snowy morning,but still a good one.my pain level when I got up was a level 4.practically nothing at all.it didn't take too long for my stiffness to go away.

You're doing so well, allena!
I'm happy your pain is minimal and you're comfortable enough.
Walking around a bit usually helps ease that stiffness.
It's cold and snowy here today too. Guess that's to be expected in December. At least in the Upper Mid-West.
Hope you have a nice Wednesday!
@allena

thanks Ginny12.I am glad things are looking up.This year was mostly bad.

:kittychris:Just popping by to say have a wonderful day.
Wanted to be the first to use our Christmas cuties to make you smile:kitty chris:

Last edited:
Hi @allena, Congratulations on moving to the four point cane. That makes so much sense support wise. I could never felt comfortable on the one point cane, so went the crutches route instead! Maybe if the four point cane had been suggested I would have done better with that! Also such great news on being able to plug in your wheel chair!! Yay!!! Super to hear your pain levels are lower too...all in all it sounds like you are starting to see the shifts to positive recovery coming along! So happy for you!! :kittychris:Wishing you a comfortable day!

I love these new holiday emojis! This black cat reminds me of my kitty "Zenith"!
:kitty chris:

Hi allena :hi:
Be careful....we don't want you falling down and hurting yourself.
Hope you're having a good day aside from feeling clumsy.
Are you excited for Christmas?
@allena

Clumsy? No falling down and going boom! Against the rules!:reindeer:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Axx72
    Staff member since December 27, 2023
  • Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads