Guest viewing is limited

THR My recovery thread.

I understood you, allena. I don't view you as needy.
And restrictions can cause us to need help with certain things. Thankfully it's only temporary.
I hope you have a nice evening.
@allena
 
It's ok.i knew that you didn't think I was needy.it still feels like a long time though.oh well.
I hope you have a good evening too.
 
Yes,its a very good thing indeed.
I'm sure it will eventuly .
Back atcha...
 
@allena

I could not be more proud of you!!!!!!

You have battled bravely pre and post op (and mainly alone in the real world) and also have other health issues that most people do not have to deal with. Yet despite all this you are doing so well.

We all think that the restrictions are a bore, yes necessary but still... However, you are only saying what we are all thinking. The only way i can deal with them is to remind myself that they will be over soon and then the party can begin!

Hang in there, all will be well.

x
 
thanks Ginny 12. a party?lol.Not quite.I just want to be fully independent again and whatever my new normal will be.I know it will not be 100 percent normal-that's all i know for sure.I'm being a bit redundant but it's pertinent to the conversation.
 
When will I sleep through the night again?I'm guessing in february.sigh.I can usually get enough sleep,but it tends to be broken.I get so stiff and have to get up.
 
It does take a bit too get that sleep thing down.
I was a power napper.
And night Walker...:sigh:

know it will not be 100 percent normal-that's all i know for sure.

Normal for me pre-op was hurting constantly, limping , not sleeping, and desperate.:blackcloud:
Normal now is 95% back to pre bad hip days!
I'll take it!:)

Hang in there, new hippy.:console2:
 
when i said normal I meant before the arthritis.not the awful pain,etc.I should have been more specific.I have been so far from normal I have been in left field.Even if I did some how reach it I might never know.It's been too long to remember it very well.
 
A new normal is coming your way!
A good new normal, I think.
Off to work, your recovery work is staying positive and taking it easy.
Hope today is a Good day!
 
I have been walking around my housing complex.its a small one,but I am not up for a long walk.long walks will just have to wait.
 
Hi allena, I hope you're having a good day so far. Great news on your walks! :walking:

I know I left this article for you once before but I'll let you take a peek at it again here -
https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/activity-progression-for-thrs.13187/
It's nice to use as a rough gauge so you don't overdo. It's in the Recovery Guidelines also but some never get through all of the articles.

In regard to sleep, consider Magnesium -
Magnesium supports the following:
Bone health
Healthy blood sugar
Cardiovascular health
Muscle relaxation and nerves
Promotes healthy sleep (falling asleep and staying asleep)

An article on Magnesium -
https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/magnesium-is-a-star.20301/

I hope you have a nice evening!
@allena
 
Thanks for the information. My problem is I get stiff,but can't roll over. It hurts to do so.i can usually go to sleep ok .I can get back to sleep .if only I could change position.its hell.
 
I hope you have a good evening too.
It couldn't hurt to to take magnesium though I do get some in my multi vitamin.
 
How long does it take before you can sleep through the night? A month?two monthes?or more.id love to know.
 
You're doing great Allena! I bet those walks are great, getting out and getting some fresh air. How are you doing with snow/ice and how cold is it up there? We're having a cold front down here it's been dipping into the 40's at night and 60's during the day. I've been bundling up for my walks lol. I hope you get a better nights rest tonight.
 
How long does it take before you can sleep through the night? A month?two monthes?
Wish someone could tell you for sure.
Some get it sorted out quicker than others.
My sleep was severely interrupted for years before surgery, so maybe that is why it told me so long before I could sleep all night...but it was months for me:bored:
Doesn't mean it will be for you though.
Hope you have a good weekend :yes:
 
@swamphiker.I'm doing ok.There wasn't too much snow and not too much ice so it was no nig deal.I just bundle up and go on.I did sleep better last night.I woke up twice,but didn't have to get up and move abit before I got back to sleep.
 
@Mojo333 .Thanks for the information.I wasn't sure of it was a variable thing or the same for everyone.now I know more than i did.
 
Back
Top Bottom