Guest viewing is limited

THR My recovery thread.

Oh dear, I think everyone has the dropsies this morning. This is not the first place I'm reading about it. I'm glad you, the soap and the grabbers all made it! Remember, laughter is the best medicine. It will get better!
 
SwampHiker is funny. She makes me laugh.

We've joked on the forum about needing a grabber to pick up the grabber we dropped.
I laughed at my pathetic self one day as I was trying to use my cane to pick up the grabber I dropped.
Initially I also used the cane, to pull the walker closer to me when I needed it. You have to laugh when you think about using one assistive device to retrieve another. I don't miss those days and they'll soon be history for you.
Happy you got your first shower. It's the best! Hope you have a great day :SUNsmile:
@allena
 
I took one last night.It will be history after early february.not unless I am allowed to bend very much more before then.It remains to be seen.stupid restrictions.I understand the need for them,but I hate them.
I hope you have a good day too.
 
I already mentioned that I didn't have restrictions, allena, but I did impose them on myself, to a degree. Figured it would never hurt and I was terrified of dislocation because I read how painful it is. I'm sure if I tried to bend over, I would have stopped midway because it may not have felt right.
 
@allena,

It will all be worth it in the end. As you wisely pointed out better safe than sorry re the restrictions.

I went into my local health store today and set off the store alarm. The shame. Luckily i know them but still...

Keep up the good work you are doing great!

xxx
 
thanks.
It's a mixed bag right now-better in some ways and worse in other ways.
 
@allena, I hear you on the dropsies and the restrictions. I'm not sure my phone will survive this second surgery dropsies! I have repeatedly dropped things in the shower and had to turn off the water, get out, dry off, find the reacher, pick up the soap container (I have liquid soap in a soap dispenser). Then I realized I could pick up the soap dispenser with the hole that I have in my long handled back scrubber thing. The dispenser spout is narrow enough to hook into the hole! What is that saying, "Necessity is the mother of invention"?!!

I'm also fed up with the restrictions. My OS told me the story of a patient who twisted the wrong way while getting up from his recliner in week three, and dislocated. Was a sharp reminder to behave myself. My body has always warned me, but this poor man had no warning. When I had my first hip surgery, I got quite good at the golfers reach, where you put your op leg out behind you, while holding on to the counter, and can bend over and not break the restriction on the op leg. Now my first surgery leg is 10 and a half weeks out, so I can't use it to be the "good leg" yet! UGH!!

This recovery is an exercise in patience! You are doing really well. Trying keeping the humour going, it helps. If we don't :heehee: then we :bawl:. Laughter is better for healing!! Every week gets better :flwrysmile:
 
Last edited:
I use the golfers pose too.it is helpful.thanks.im trying my best.
I just want to be as close to normal as is possible and fully independent again.sadly that won't be till feburary.i feel like I'm a burden to other people.sigh.i will eventuly heal.
 
I guess if nothing else, you find out who your friends are :heehee:
You never know, you may be able to pay the favors back one day.
I think if you were an "annoying" needy person, it wouldn't bother you. So..you must not be.
That's a good thing! :)
@allena
 
@allena Oh great news on the golfers pose!

You will feel much more independent, long before February. By six weeks you will feel stronger and want to do more, and at 8 weeks you will feel pretty normal, but know that there is more healing to go. When do you have to return to work? In saying all that, I am right there with you in terms of feeling frustrated by how long this recovery takes. I try not to think about it, and focus on other things, but I'm so bored, but don't have the energy to do much else!! It kinda stinks, but isn't forever, although it feels that way now. You will look back at these first few weeks and wonder why you thought it took so long :yes: ....I'm trying to remind myself of that now :bored:, as I'm feeling very impatient too.
Here is a flower for you today:flwrysmile:
 
Last edited:
@Layla .I don't mean that i am normally needy,just that I'm kind of needy now thanks to the restrictions.
 
@Alitm .I am glad I will be more independent before febuary.im doing everything I possibly can do.
I'm on disability so I'm not concerned about work.thats a good question though.most people do work.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom