Guest viewing is limited

THR My recovery thread.

I will.
I can,but then I have to change the bandage.i was only given 4 bandages.i only have one left.it seemed better not to shower in order to make the bandages last.i am hoping It will be healed soon so I can shower without worrying about the bandage getting wet.
Thats why I said I really can't shower.its only theoretically possible.
 
I called the doctor's office today.there is nothing I can do to cover the bandage to keep it dry.
 
Ask your OS, the PA, or Nurse for some tips tomorrow, if they don't remove everything and give you the "all clear" to shower.
@allena
 
Good luck today at your appt. I hope it's all good news.
Driving and shower and anything else you're hoping for. Give us an update afterward, if you feel like sharing.
Hope your day is a good one! :)
@allena
 
thanks.I'll let you know.My ride didn't show up .so i rescheduled.Ill be going to see him this afternoon.I called a different person .I was half tempted to drive myself there,but didn't.:(
 
The appointment went well.i got my staples out.ill be allowed to drive next month.i will need to take aspirin till December 12th.my restrictions should ease up next month,but they will be in place for a full 3 monthes.sigh.I can go back to being in the choir again.so happy.I can take a shower now.i will need to clean the incision before it ,but after that I'll be good to go.im glad the wound is healed.happy,happy,joy,joy
 
I'll be seeing him again in January.he asked if I needed pain pills.nope.i dont.my hip pain was a mere 5 this morning.a 4 now.im not hurting too much at all.thats practically nothing.
 
Sounds like it went pretty good. As for driving, next month is around the corner. I'm sure you'll feel like a new woman after you get a shower. That's great you can sing in the choir again. Also, it's great that your pain in going down without using pain pills. Ironic thing I've noticed is they are more than willing to throw them like candy at the people who don't need or want them, but the people who are suffering are having a really difficult time getting their Dr to give them more. All in all, it sounds like it's been a pretty good day!
 
Great news, allena. Thanks for the update!

Drive next month? Does that mean on Saturday....December 1st?

Don't worry yourself too much about the restrictions. I'm not telling you to ignore your OS's advice but many do not even have restrictions these days. I didn't. I experienced posterior approach and I was cautioned to move slowly and carefully and if something hurt....STOP. Those were my restrictions and many other's also.

Happy to read your incision looks well and you can shower! First shower feels so awesome.
I hope you have a nice evening and sleep well tonight.
@allena
 
He said the middle part of december.it depends on how long it takes for my leg to get better.
He specifically gave me those restrictions. So I figure I will have to follow them.its not hard to follow most of them at this point in time because if I try to violate them I feel pain.i take some comfort in that i will be allowed to bend abit more later on.
I hope you sleep well too.
 
I will be out and about alot this week.I won't be too bored.i like to be busy.
 
:happyfeet:happy dance for you.
Staples out, shower! Great to hear!
Have a good day @allena !:tada:
 

Staff online

  • EalingGran
    Staff member since January 23, 2024
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Members online

Back
Top Bottom