Guest viewing is limited

THR My recovery thread.

Happy Sunday, allena
When's your first post op?
Must be coming up soon...

Hubs and I are going to the movies this afternoon.
Bohemian Rhapsody. I'm excited, heard it was good and I like Queen.
Third movie in the theater together in 30 yrs :heehee: Hubs doesn't like movie theaters and he is going to be shocked in how they've changed in 30 yrs.

I hope you have a nice day!
@allena
 
It will be this tuesday.I'd like to see that movie too.I hope you have a nice day too.
 
That reminds me of something silly.A busdriver always says bicycle to me when i get off the bus.I always think of that queen song.lol.I want to ride my bike,I want to ride my bike,I want to to ride my bike. bicycle,bicycle,bicycle bye!:)
 
The time has been dragging by.it feels like it will be forever before I'm healed.i am not patient.
 
Hi @allena, This healing thing is boring as heck :bored:.....but having made it to nine weeks post op on the first hip before having second surgery, I can tell you it is worth the wait. I'm feeling the same way though, hurry up and heal already...I've got things to do and place to go....but we have to wait. Slow and steady wins the race, I promise :SUNsmile: .
Hope you can find something to keep your mind busy while your body is busy with the healing process :flwrysmile:
 
Yep, That's a Queen song...Bicycle.

I'll bet you get the okay to drive on Tuesday, allena. :driver:
If not, they'll tell you when you can I'm sure.
I think in another couple weeks you'll be driving, more mobile and not as bored.
That's when you have to be really careful not to overdo things. You're feeling great, you do too much and land in the dreaded ODIC.

You've been doing so well, I'm proud of you. You had a lot of pre-op anxiety, as many do (myself included) so I couldn't imagine what your recovery would be like. I have to say you seem Cool as a Cucumber, taking it all in stride. I don't think you've been overly anxious about anything, unless you haven't shared. I applaud you. :yay:
@allena
 
thanks.I sure do hope so!That is real danger for me.Odic?im not familiar with that.overdoing it condition?
I have been a bit concerned about my hip popping out.As I have mentioned before i sometimes twist without thinking about it.:(It's really hard to not do so.I'm hoping the restrictions will ease with time.I sure do hope so!There are so many of them and they are so strict.:(
I am so glad!I got a ride to krogers.:)I was able to get some much needed shopping done and I got some exercise too.I could have used the stores handicapped buggy but I didn't feel like I needed it(and i didn't).It was nice just to get out of the house for awhile.I have been feeling like I am under house arrest(minus the lovely bracelet).
 
I have been feeling like I am under house arrest(minus the lovely bracelet).
:heehee: that's how I felt too!
I too think you have done beautifully and all of this temporary recovery business will be so worth it.:yahoo:
 
Last edited:
I sure wish I could take a shower.I am allowed to in theory,but it doesn't seem possible in reality.I can't get the bandage wet!Help!Does anyone have any useful suggestions for keeping it dry or must i continue to to take sponge baths?I want a shower.:( :( :(
 
I sure do hope so mojo.i am doing well to walk to the mailbox.sigh.
 
@allena,

Full confession i did not have shower until my dressing came off. Being the total stress head i am i just didn't want the worry of a wet dressing. Yes i was fed up (and who knows maybe a bit smelly too) but to me it was worth it. As i understand it the drier the wound the less risk of delayed healing. I am no expert tho! When do you see the nurse to remove your dressing?

You will really enjoy your shower when you do get one, hang in there.

Also time will pass really quickly and you will be up and at it soon. I am a few weeks ahead of you and nearly back to normal. Well i can't bend etc and still get tired but at about week 4 weeks you will start feeling yourself again. Well that was my experience anyway. But i am taking it very seriously about not doing too much. I have read countless threads where people felt fine and did too much and had a setback. I should imagine that this happens to everybody because we all want to be normal again, but, best avoided (obviously) if possible.

This is a time when you can read and watch the telly guilt free, enjoy!

Lots of anti boredom/healing vibes being sent your way. x
 
I'll be seeing my my doctor tomorrow.a,week to 4 weeks?I guess that's what you meant.
The time in NOT passing quickly.maybe I'm just unlucky or odd.oh well.
I am glad the time has passed quickly for you.
 
I went to physical therapy,then ran some errands.I did fairly well.I'm a bit sore and tired,but it was was worth it.It's good to get out and do stuff.It made me feel happier.
 
Hi allena,
Glad you got out to PT and were able to run some errands. Boredom does come into play in early recovery.
It is a mood lifter to get out and feel part of the world again.

I'm surprised that upon discharge they didn't give you instructions on how to shower. I'm quite sure you could have showered by now. Most are allowed to do so within days. I wouldn't hesitate to call the office of your OS with questions like that. I'm sure someone on your OS's care team will happily answer those type of inquiries.

Best of luck at your post op tomorrow. You'll have to let us know how it goes.
@allena
 

Staff online

  • EalingGran
    Staff member since January 23, 2024
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Members online

Back
Top Bottom