TKR My Journey as of 12/16/13 - Over 1 Year and Still Trying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello @DogLoverx3 just a quick message from Wales to America! How are you doing? Is everything sorting out now? I can't wait for you to post about your dates! Xxxx
 
Hi All! Ugh, what a craptastic week! Crazy busy with work so no unpacking/organizing got done which means my house is still in a state of chaos and chaos makes me crazy! I am trying to do some power unpacking this weekend, but we'll see how that goes. Trying to fit 2,200 sq feet of 'stuff' into 1,100 is proving quite the challenge ; even with all the purging I did. Anywhoo, the 2nd night at the new tiny house, it flooded. The washing machine was not hooked up properly so when my extra large load of laundry got to the 'drain' cycle, it did .... all over my house. Hallways, master bedroom, master bathroom, 2nd bedroom all got soaked. :-( Not what I needed.

I had a doggie door installed for the pups so they are behaving a bit better now. As for my knee, well, it's been pretty cruddy since my move. Knee itself is very swollen and alternates between severe stinging/burning right around my knee cap and feeling like someone is stabbing me in the knee and shin with an ice pic. Loads of fun. I got a call yesterday that my 2nd opinion appointment is being postponed from the 15th to the 20th :-(. My 'Murphy's Law' streak continues.

I finally got a copy of my medical records from my surgeon and was reading through them. They are highly inaccurate and half-assed. Even says he sent me for 3 views of x-rays on 2/20/14 which would have been my 3 month check up. He didn't. I have been asking for x-rays all along and he would never order them. Imagine my surprise to read that he thinks he did. Does he not wonder where the actual non-existent x-rays are?? So annoying.

Anyway, both bachelors are still in the running and I keep hoping that something is going to spark, but it just isn't. I am seeing them both this weekend and I'm going to have to let them know if nothing spectacular happens. Not fair to them. They're both SO nice, I just wish I could will myself into feeling something other than 'they're SO nice'.

To add to my frustrations, I have had a blast from the past contact me and create his own version of chaos in my life. Not really what I need right now (or ever) but whatever. I am working on an e-mail telling him to leave me alone. Now, whether or not I will actually send it is another matter entirely. ;-)

I hope everyone is well. I am sorry that I have had NO time to catch up with anyone. :-( Hopefully soon things will calm down for me and I can just breathe. I so appreciate everyone for checking in ..... xoxoxoxo
 
Hi @DogLoverx3 - oh dear ................ just when you think nothing could get any worse! So sorry about the washing machine flood, one thing that you could really do without. I can just imagine how difficult it must be to downsize to that extent, and live there while you are trying to get sorted. Your new place is not much bigger than my daughters cottage and she had/is still having problems making a gallon fit a pint pot! You will get there soon, but I know just how you feel. I too am a bit of a neat freak, and I just itch if things are not tidy and the way I want them.
Had to laugh about your dates - as we would say, they are like London buses - nothing for ages and then 3 come along at once. You're attitude is kind and just like my daughter's. She says it's not fair to let them think they are going to spend their life with you, when you know 100% that it isn't so. So she gives them a shove and let's them go to find somebody who will really appreciate them! I have a little hunch her current one is on the way out - she gets a 1 year itch!! Anyway - que sera sera ...........
Your previous OS sounds a real piece of work, either that or he has early onset memory loss. I cant believe he could say that you had Xrays when you didn't - especially as you were gagging to get them done. It's a poo that your 2nd opinion appt has been put back, but really hope that someone that you trust can give you answers soon and get that knee sorted.
I have my 14 week (3 month) check on Monday plus Xray - fingers X'd all is well. I have a few questions for my OS - but thankfully he is a sweetie, this is the 3rd time he has operated on me and he painstakingly draws diagrams and goes through scans and xrays to explain things exactly. He couldn't explain why my knee went wrong, but hopefully with hindsight and questioning he can guess a bit more accurately on Monday.
Well I will stop and let you get on with unpacking. Husband is hmmmmphing because the fox with the bad leg I posted about yesterday is dead on my patio. He has had to deal with it and he obviously thinks I should have helped. I don't know what he expected me to do ........ give it the Last Rites? If it was a weekday I would have phoned the council to come and remove it. I cant put it in the recycling or landfill :whistle: - so hubby took matters into his own hands and scooped it onto a shovel, then flung it over the fence! The foxes live over there but it is the very very end of a big garden belonging to a crazy old man. Most of his garden is quite wild and unkempt. I think he likes the odd drink - I could just imagine him looking out of his window and seeing a sizeable but very stiff fox flying through the air!
On that happy note I will love and leave you. Hope your knee feels a bit easier soon. Evidently shin pain is often caused by walking differently/badly. Its a bit of a vicious circle - if your knee is painful you walk badly, if you walk badly other muscles in your leg ache. Just can't win, can we??
Take care of yourself
XX
 
Hello @DogLoverx3, it's lovely to hear from you x oh gosh, I'm so sorry about your washing machine flooding. I get you wanted to scream. Sometimes it feels like what next?....

What a total muppet that OS was and how dare he out inaccuracies into your notes. No wonder they took ages to come. He was obviously too busy fudging them!

Good luck with the dates. I'll send you a proper post in the morning x x x

Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
Hi ladies. Just warned to pop in and wish you all a wonderful Mother's Day. ( do you celebrate that over there)??


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi @DogLoverx3

How are you doing after your crazy week? Wow I still think that you're awesome. You just amaze me with all the problems that you have with your pesky knee and yet you still get on with it. Well done you.

Your boxes will get sorted eventually. It always takes time, even with the best will in the world, it always does. I hope you are settling in okay. I hope that the pups are settling better now they have their very own door!

Lots of stuff going on in my thread. A pic of a three legged cat who decided he like my kitchen and lay down in it! Chihuahan is going to be a grandma again in November. Oh and dogwheels is seeing her OS tomorrow x x x

Love Nana moon 27 xxxx
 
Hi @dogwheels ! I'm anxiously awaiting your post on your OS visit and how well it went/goes! Lovely visual about the flying fox, btw. What a way to start the day. :wink:

@Nana moon 27 , thank you for always being so supportive. I am trying to settle in as best I can, but this house just doesn't feel like my home. I was at my old house yesterday and it made me very sad. I love that house. It's beautiful and I hate that I have to leave it not because I want to, but because I have to.

Congrats @Chihuahuan ! What exciting news!

It's 4am here and I can't sleep. Again. I am longing for the day when everything is 'fine'. Not awesome, mind you, just fine. Worrying about everything all the time is uber draining. The house, the unpacking, the selling of the old house, finances, work, the dogs, my knee, 'him', my mediocre dates.....ugh.

For the past couple of weeks, my TKR leg has been swelling up like nobody's business. Not just the knee, mind you, as that's almost always swollen, but my entire leg. I have a ginormous case of 'cankles' by mid day and it just gets worse as the day goes on. I have tried taking water pills and elevating my legs when I have the time, but that doesn't seem to help. I miss having actual ankles. :-( I was wearing shorts the other day as my knee was too swollen to fit into capris or jeans and my nice older client that I cook for said 'your knee doesn't look right'. She's a sweetie and has had both of her knees replaced and they actually look like knees! I seriously wonder if my surgeon put the wrong sized implant in - it just seems SO BIG and my knee juts out. I can only think to compare it with a mongoloid forehead. Looks 'okay' from straight on, but from the side, it just looks grossly weird.

Well, I guess that's enough complaining for one morning. I hope everyone is well and had a wonderful Mother's Day! I was hoping my dogs would serve me breakfast in bed, but alas, all they did was lay around...... I miss being able to catch up with everyone. Hopefully soon ..... xoxoxoxo
 
Hi @DogLoverx3, you are certainly having a rough time at present, new house, floods, dates not quite working out and a horrid knee as well, you need lots of hugs.
Thank you for your message re me riding my bike, yes, I am very pleased. It has been very hard work, lots of pain, but I've got there now.
Over here in the UK we celebrate Mothering Sunday earlier in the year, before Easter. I don't know why the dates should be so different.
I do hope your knee improves soon, and that when you eventually get to you appointment you will get an explanation. Xxx Ellejay
 
Thanks so much @Ellejay! Yes, as the saying goes, G-d only give you what he thinks you can handle. He must think I'm a much stronger person than I really am. Some hugs would be nice!

Odd that Mothering Sunday is different there than Mother's Day here.

Thanks for your thoughts on my knee (and dates) as well. At least these guys don't laugh at me when my knee stiffens up during dinner and I have stand by the table for a minute before I can walk. Tonight's date involved stairs. That must have been a lovely sight. This poor man must think he's dating a 90 year old!

I hope you have a wonderful time on your trip and that your injection does the trick on your other knee! Keep up the great work!!
 
wow @DogLoverx3 - you've certainly got more than your fair share going on! That swelling does NOT sound right - I know the lore is that it can be as long as a year before the swelling really ends but it sounds like yours just keeps getting worse. I don't recall - have you tried massage therepy to try to reduce the swelling?

Sorry about the mediocre dates - really does stink when you like them but theres no sizzle.

I have to say - I really miss my house, too...I moved in with my husband since his house was closer to my work but my house was MINE and it was exactly what I wanted. Sigh.
 
Hi @DogLoverx3 I so get what you mean about the house move. It takes time to settle in and even more to put your stamp on it. You may feel better once you've completely unpacked all of your things. It might pay you to buy something significant for the living room and really out your mark on it. You could even perhaps buy a new number for the outside or something for your garden. If it needs decorating maybe you could get it done sooner? I think you need to go all out and make it your own.

I was like that when I left my last house. It was four bedrooms and huge. However, the area was not the best. I fell in love at first sight with this house but it was circa 1930. It had not ever been modernised in all that time. You felt like you'd gone back into a time warp. All you'd have needed was a stick thin flapper girl doing the Charleston!!! Although, it was love at first sight, when I moved in it was a different manner. I thought the people had been kind and turned the water off over winter for us. Worse still I'd thanked them for doing that. It turned out there was an underground burst pipe. My husband cursed but luckily. With him being a plumber, he dug up all the floors, kitchen, hall and along the front garden. He put new pipes in. The next few days I kept smelling gas like mad. We'd already moved a high level grill cooker that was situated directly under the boiler. He couldn't find the leak. In the end he was removing the sink unit and found the gas pipe was running behind it. There was an unsoldered joint in the gas pipe and that was where the leak was. We had to replace the boiler too x However, once we had decorated and put new carpets down it started to feel like ours. Only then did it begin to feel like ours.

With the living room it was the second time we decorated, when I felt like it was finally ours. It's just a time thing. Eventually you will grow to love it x

Your dates sound like they are decent men. Your knee is a true test of their compassion!

So lovely to read your post

All my love Nana moon 27 xoxoxoxox
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@DogLoverx3 We've only owned two houses in 43 yrs. This one took adding on a master suite and rear porch before it felt like "home". Like knees --it takes time and self-investment. I agree with @Nana moon 27 that a major something will help --love the idea of redoing the entrance numbers and maybe a big pot of flowers. Put your stamp on it so it says :welome:
 
Hi @DogLoverx3 how was your day?

Mine was ok, the surgeon has booked me on the waiting list as urgent for a day case surgery. He is going to drain the fluid off my knee under anaesthetic and send it off for analysis. Then he's doing a cortisone injection. The bloods and X-rays were fine. No infection thankfully xxx just got to wait for the appointment xxx
 
Hi @Nana moon 27 / Ann! Uhm, isn't that a contradiction in terms 'waiting list' and 'urgent'? Surgeons annoy the heck out of me. I'm glad that your x-rays look good and that there was no infection but I must ask ~ was it a regular (from your arm) blood draw and not from the fluid around your knee? I'm glad that he's going to drain your knee for you and send that off to the lab, but I wonder why he didn't just do that to begin with. :-( When you say 'under anaesthetic' do you mean he's putting you out for this or just numbing your knee? I've had my knee drained once already (and it filled right back up), but I was wide awake and he just sprayed a topical freezing compound on the site. Hopefully the cortisone will help as well.

I sure do hope he is able to figure this out for you. It's been long enough that you should be feeling better and certainly off of morphine. I worry about you, my friend. xoxoxoxo
 
Thanks @TexasTee & @Chihuahuan ; not sure what it's going to take to make this house feel like my home, but it's all going to have to wait. Everything involved with the move has cost twice as much as budgeted for :-(
 
Ah @DogLoverx3 my friend you are so lovely. I think I'm having a local anaesthetic. I am Just grateful at the moment he's still listening and trying to sort stuff. I agree, urgent and waiting list are hysterical. You couldn't make that up!!!!

How was your day? x x
 
Hi sweetie. My day was busy. Boo. My knee is beyond annoying and I just can't wait until next Tuesday so I can finally see the 2nd opinion surgeon and hopefully find out what the heck is going on. To have some sort of answer, either way, will be much appreciated. Either tell me it's fixable or not - just tell me something!

I am off to hop in the shower as I'm meeting a friend for sushi tonight at the best place in town. A little place that's been around for 30 years and is not only delicious, but cheap! We both plan on eating our weight in sushi (that always makes me happy) ;-)

Have a great night! xoxoxoxo
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom