TKR My Journey as of 12/16/13 - Over 1 Year and Still Trying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nom nom nom (as my grandson says), I love sushi, do enjoy your evening.
Just in case I don't get to chat to you before I leave on Sunday, I wish you well for your appointment on Tuesday, I do so hope that you get answers to what is wrong, we've all been chatting together for so long, I just want you and Nana moon to be pain free and make good recoveries xx
 
Totally understand - everything always comes in at twice the budget! Never mind, once you are fully unpacked and have a few parties you'll feel more settled.
 
Thank you @Ellejay , I appreciate your good wishes. And YOU have a GREAT time in France! Be careful on the bicycle! No drinking wine while peddling!

Thanks @TexasTee ! Funny thing about me - I don't have parties. I can cater a party for anyone in the universe and be on top of everything, but I get nervous if I have to entertain for myself. I'm more of a happy hour organizer ;-) (which I did again today ..... and will do AGAIN tomorrow ...... and Friday) ;-)
 
Hey , just checking in . You will fall in love with your house sooner or later. Your knee is your priority. Goodluck with your 2nd opinion OS soon. Ive been busy doing nothing as I was given a extra month off work to make sure im strong enough to endure. I got the coolest OS and job. I wake up and figure out what im going to do , bicycle ride, swimming , motorcycle ride , hike or go to the gym. Typical California stuff. Keep us informed on the outcome with the OS. Hope the news is positive . Best wishes iceman.
 
Hi @DogLoverx3 I'm doing my Wicked Welsh wifi whipping (slang for stealing, not 50 shades of grey type) lol x @dogwheels has given me the nickname. It's hilarious and true!

How are you getting on my friend? Thought I'd see how you are doing? I will be back online tomorrow night so I'll check for your post then.

I do hope you feel better about the place soon. Do you think that it's because of The problems you had when you moved into it? I was like you about my house. I posted it on your thread page 56 what happened. The clue to how I felt was when I wrote "once I had my own carpets and curtains down...." It didn't feel like mine until we'd done stuff to it x x x

I'm being plagued by cats. A three legged one suddenly appeared out of nowhere at home and keeps on visiting. We got to the caravan and a ginger one ran in straight before us into the kitchen area! It was trying to get in this morning but I ignored it.

The lady next door to my caravan has a cross Bichon Frise/Jack Russell pup. It's sooo cute. I keep fussing it!!! It's adorable xxxx

Love Nana moon 27 xxxx
 
Hiya @Nana moon 27 & @icep707 - thanks for checking in! I just realized that today is my 5 month anniversary since RTKR. Kinda sucks. Still having lots o' issues with pain and swelling. Still can't do much of anything. Met one of my bachelors for lunch today and we were trying to decide what I could actually 'do' for next time (mind out of the gutter people): bowling - no, picnic - no (too hot), bike riding - no, gym - no. I may be able to manage playing pool, but I'm tall so need to kinda squat down to the table - either that or just stick my butt way far out :scaredycat:So annoying to have to 'think' about things before I even attempt them....

Nope, house still feels like a big ole' mistake to me. Not sure it will ever feel like home. I think the fact that I bought it because I HAD to, and not because I WANTED to, is always going to be an issue. I'm certain that, just like my knee, things will get better in time, I'm just tired of waiting. ;-) I have been doing some online shopping at Home Depot for new ceiling fans & bathroom fixtures, but I'm pretty much out of money right now, so have to budget what gets done.....

I've had a busy week with work and social events and totally overbooked myself. I have had something planned every single day and night for over a week now and won't get a 'break' until Wednesday. Yeah, yeah, I know - I guess I could skip my beloved happy hours, but I have to get my butt out and socializing again. As embarrassing as it is to still be limping and lame......

Ice, I read that you get another month off work and that Costco is being totally cool with that. Very awesome! You enjoy yourself! I know you're doing great!

Ann, I hope you're enjoying the caravan and your apparent herd of cats. ;-) Take it easy on your knee my friend!

Only 4 more days until I FINALLY get to see my 2nd opinion doctor and hopefully find out some answers/solutions. :sos: xoxoxoxo

Oh, and @Jamie, could you please change my thread from '3 month mark' to '5 month mark' - thanks toots! :wave:
 
@Doglover . I didn't even realize that my 4 month mark passed. All of a sudden I realized that yesterday would have been my 33 rd wedding anniversary oh well.....no great loss. Just such a waste of time and energy. You really had me laughing about playing pool. I think that would be hysterical. I mean really what else can you do. Maybe lean against the bar with the stool nearby just in case you need a rest. I think that's a great look with a glass in your hand.....
Good luck. I'm sure you'll think if something. And with your house. It will feel like a home in due time. What's the rush....you will make it your own and love it. Take one day at a time. It took me awhile when I left my house for a small apt with my daughter... Now it's an over cluttered mess but it's my mess and I love it....
Be well stay focused. Live in the moment.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Thanks @susanne ~ funny (or not) but this surgery has entirely changed what's important to me now - I used to be uber organized and I find myself kinda flying by the seat of my pants these days (drives me insane, mind you), but this stupid knee takes up so much space in my head, that it seems to push everything else to the background. Ugh.

Thanks for the tips on playing pool. Heck, if I wear a low enough cut top, he won't care how I oddly I'm bending over the table :heehee:

I do need to take one day at a time - it's about all I can handle right now, so I may as well resign myself to that. I hope you are doing well, my friend. xoxoxo
 
Hi @DogLoverx3 - for once it looks as though I have caught you while you are online. That's a first - unlike some others on here, even if I cant sleep the last thing I do is reach for the laptop ....... once I do that I am wide awake.

Well my loving husband is at our other place sailing and has left me looking after the 2 Super Mario painters who speak little English and arrive at the crack of dawn. Before he went, he forgot to unlock all the downstairs windows, and also didn't remember that they are hard to get to and I am not tall. For some other reason best known to himself he hid the keys. I despair!! So once I had located a key, yesterday found me in various unusual positions: balancing on one leg; climbing up the step stool and hanging off it, climbing onto his desk or over furniture etc to unlock and open these windows. Once the painters left yesterday the paint was still tacky and they told me to leave all the windows open for it to dry. Darling husband just couldn't see that I was a little concerned being on my own at night with all the windows open and ladders up (we have gardens all around the house that can easily be entered and do not have immediate neighbours). His comment was that anyone breaking in would make a noise so I would hear them - I did point out that I may hear them, but could hardly make a quick escape! I cant even set the alarms as I don't think I could limp downstairs quick enough to disarm them. Never mind, I have woken up and all is OK. He is taking some friends sailing across to Cowes on the Isle of Wight today he'll be back tonight. Its alright for some ...........

Sorry you are not enjoying your house as much as you hoped - I cant help thinking that that knee is influencing everything at the moment. But this is your much-awaited 2nd opinion week and I have everything crossed twice over, that a simple and quick solution will be found to make things better for you again.

As for the date - pool in a low cut top? Sounds a winner! You're right it is a bit of a tough one - best suggestion is that you get loads of bandages and bandage HIS leg so that it is large and immobile too, and then get him to make some suggestions! The only thing I reckon I could do at the moment is shoot - which I really love. The only trouble is the rough terrain, plus it is not really the right time of year here. Never mind, there's always Chess or Scrabble (how exciting!) or perhaps what's most appropriate for us all ............. Trivial Pursuit!

Enjoy your weekend and take care

ChrisXX
 
@DogLoverx3 Single gal with a gimpy knee dating options....darts, miniature golf, wine tasting, small music venues (usually easy to both sit and stand in small not too crowded places) I did a paint your own pottery deal with a guy once, that wasn't too horrible (they let you bring your own wine) then there is always my fall back line of you can take me anywhere you feel confident you can carry me back from!

I agree with @dogwheels - if you were feeling on your game I think you'd be a bit happier with your house. Maybe scroll back a few pages to find the post you sent telling us about it? You seemed pretty stoked about it - hopefully you can get back to that point.

SUPER bummed that both you and @Nana moon 27 are still struggling 5 months out. Not going to lie, I'm seriously trying to justify waiting even longer but then...with each day it seems like I'm able to do less of what I want to and with a new knee I'd have a shot at more. It's a rough call.

Hope your second opinion goes well!!
 
@DogLoverx3 Not knowing how much standing or walking you can tolerate, in addition to what @TexasTee has suggested, you might consider going to a video arcade (think Dave and Busters if one is near you?), Karaoke, go to an art gallery, a drive-in movie, go to an ice cream parlor and split a very, very big sundae, go to the zoo.......
 
Hi @DogLoverx3, just a quick 'bye' before I depart tomorrow morning, I will check in whenever possible, but it might be difficult. I do hope that you get some answers next week and things can finally improve for you, I look forward to getting back and hearing that you are moving around with no pain.
Good luck with the next date, I think I'd stick to meals out or cinema visits, just sitting activities, but that might be my age speaking.
Take care and good luck xxx Ellejay
 
Have a wonderful trip @Ellejay ! Have some wine and cheese & delicious baguette for me! Take good care of yourself!

Thanks for the date suggestions @TexasTee and @Phil75070 - should have mentioned that it's 104 here right now, so anything outside is OUT! I'm an air conditioning kinda gal. ;-) I would love to go to the zoo and wander around, but I missed my window with the weather. I also can't walk all that far or long. Will probably go with either a movie or pool as I'd be hard pressed to hurt myself doing either. Oy, but just thought of all the stairs in the movie theatre. How embarassing/annoying for my date to have to wait while I double foot each step at the speed of molasses. Darn it. As luck (ha) would have it, tomorrow's date just got pushed to Friday, so there's still time to come up with ideas!

@TexasTee , please do not use mine or @Nana moon 27 's recovery as a measurement of 'the norm'. We are exceptions to the rule. Don't keep putting off your surgery sweetie. Although the only positive I have right now is that I have terrific ROM (140/3) right now, I'm certain it would not be as good if I had continued to let my muscles atrophy.

I took my special little friend to another painting class today and out to lunch so that was fun! I'm back home now for a mellow night with the dogs. Tomorrow is the start of restaurant week here (an amazing 'event' where tons of spendy restaurants participate with price fixed menus (either $30 or $40) for 3 courses. It's a great way to be able to enjoy amazing restaurants that I wouldn't usually be able to afford), so have lots of eating to do this coming week. ;-)

@dogwheels /Chris, I do LOVE your posts! They always bring a smile to my face. Glad to hear you survived your evening of 'come and get it' with all the windows open! Lovely of your hubby to forget to open the hard to reach windows and hide the key too! ;-) Sounds like some amazing acrobatics you had to do!

I love shooting too (I suck at it, but oh well) but am afraid to go right now as I'm tremendously accident prone and I can just see myself slipping on a bullet casing rolling around. ;-(

As for the house - yes, I'm sure, in time, when I figure out how to live in such a teenie space, I will start to like it. There are just many things wrong that neither my inspector caught of the seller was up front about. It seems to be a home full of light switches.....that don't actually do anything. I have only, after 2 weeks, figured out how to turn on the entry light, the kitchen light and the dinette light. Not the one in the bedroom, or the one on the porch, or the one in the hall. I've changed all the bulbs and fiddled, but still nothing. Thank goodness for flashlight apps on my phone!

Well, I am off to play with the pups and get my things in order for my long awaited appointment on Tuesday. I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend! xoxoxoxox
 
Hi @DogLoverx3 I'm ever so glad you took Steph to the painting class'. I hope that she and you both had a great time x x

You will adapt eventually into a smaller living space but it's not easy at first.

I so empathise with you with the double footing stairs I get so wretched well frustrated and irritated at firstly this length of time it takes me to get up or down them and secondly the sheer embarrassment of double footing!

I'm in Wales until Thursday night. Il do proper posts then. I try not to be too long on this sight. I'm feeling sick tonight because I had to take extra morphine today for the pain. Not good x

I hope at you are ok my friend and I'll catch up with you later

Just in case I wish you all the very best luck my friend and hope you get all youdesire from yr second opinion. You deserve the best now you've been through so much and just keep right on going. Y are awesome Ellen x x x

Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Restaurant week sounds fabulous! I wish Austin would do that!!

Putting off the op - my head knows you are correct but the rest of me would feel better if you and @Nana moon 27 would just spontaneously feel better so I have one less thing to worry about. You know, as a favor to me...:rotfl:
 
How rude of me @TexasTee :heehee: I'll do my best to improve rapidly solely for your piece of mind. Ann & I seem to be the exception, not the rule, so please don't let our loooong recovery weigh one way or the other on your decision. I will mention, of course, when I finally have my 2nd opinion tomorrow, that it would absolutely help my virtual friend's piece of mind if he could magically 'cure' me. :loll:

I hope you're having a nice time away @Nana moon 27 and are relaxing and not doing too much!
 
Hi @DogLoverx3 - how are you doing? I am slowly but surely - or should that be my middle names 'slowly and gently' following @TexasTee around the forum - and now I have arrived at your thread.

Mmm... that Restaurant week sounds SO good. Mind you I must not be greedy - at the end of the month I have booked for us to go to my current absolutely most favourite restaurant to celebrate daughter's birthday and belatedly celebrate hubby's that was at the beginning of the month while he was sailing to France. I am going to make them share as it is eye-wateringly expensive but SO good, and only about 3 miles from us on the edge of Richmond upon Thames. Daughter's BF is invited too - but he offers little, so it will just be daughter and I having a raucous time while hubby eats himself stupid whilst working his way steadily through the wine list. I was delighted to see it was featured in 'Tatler' this month - just hope that doesn't mean that hosts of other people will have discovered it too.

Knee wise, I managed to come down stairs properly yesterday and have now added that to my once a day regime. Things must be improving as I just went outside to take the painters their afternoon tea and biscuits. Not only did I sashay through the open door that was wet with paint and step down without getting it all over me, I did it with a tray of tea and biscuits in my hand. There is no end to my talent.

Have you got your list of needs and wants ready for tomorrow? Bet you cant believe that appointment is almost there - I have already got my eyes and legs crossed for you as well as my fingers. Its proving a little difficult, but all for a good cause.

Well I am off to browse on Pinterest - I have had enough of knees for today.

Take care and don't worry yourself tonight. Tomorrow will be the turning point I'm sure.

Love XX
 
@DogLoverx3 - as I still have a severe case of post TKR brain sprain disorder, I am sending this message to you now while I remember, instead of tomorrow when it may possibly be too late .........

I really hope that your second opinion appointment goes well tomorrow, and that you get the answers and action to get your knee perfectly sorted. Hope the OS is kind, patient, painstaking and fills you with confidence and trust.

I will be thinking of you all day tomorrow and look forward to hearing a promising and speedy plan of action.

Take care and hope it goes well.
Love ChrisXX
[Bonesmart.org] My Journey as of 12/16/13 - Over 1 Year and Still Trying
 
Good luck with your OS appointment today. I am looking forward to hearing what he says and do so hope you get some help! You have not had it easy with this recovery. Take care. Xoxo JoAnne
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom