Guest viewing is limited

Revision THR Lookin' On the Bright Side!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Oh please no!!

good to hear everything seems to be going in the right direction for you take it easy and it will all work out
all the best
Terry
 
Re: Oh please no!!

Sounds like you have things back under control. By stepper, did you mean an elliptical? I was actually wondering about that myself, but stopped wondering now haha. Seriously though, glad you are back on track. Must have been scary to be doing so well, then bamm, you do a little something you think is harmless and all hell breaks lose.

Hope things stay on track - onward and upward -Cathy
 
Re: Oh please no!!

Loz...I'm glad you recognize that you can slow down and do much better. That is a HUGE step forward. Hang in there....I know it's difficult to be patient with recovery sometimes.
 
Re: Oh please no!!

Sounds like you have things back under control. By stepper, did you mean an elliptical? I was actually wondering about that myself, but stopped wondering now haha. Seriously though, glad you are back on track. Must have been scary to be doing so well, then bamm, you do a little something you think is harmless and all hell breaks lose.

Hope things stay on track - onward and upward -Cathy
 
Hello all my fellow Hipsters, I have not been on here for a few weeks as I have just been just allowing everything to settle down and have not had that much to say.

But I have just been a bit naughty..went down to watch the cricket team have a net session and before I knew it, I had my pads on and a bat in my hand and had a 10 min batting session (Batted really well )

Then the under 14s started and again before I knew it had my wicket keeper gloves on! and stood behind them doing a bit of coaching as thats a good place to help them with thier batting....dont get me wrong I wasnt diving around but it felt good every time the ball thumped into the gloves.

The good thing is they nearly all said how well I am walking so much better than after the 1st OP, and I have no pain in the hip just a few moans and groans around the thigh which are underused muscles...now to rest.xx
 
Great update Loz! That's what it's all about. You are back at doing what you love. Well done!
 
Hello all my fellow Hipsters, I have not been on here for a few weeks as I have just been just allowing everything to settle down and have not had that much to say.

But I have just been a bit naughty..went down to watch the cricket team have a net session and before I knew it, I had my pads on and a bat in my hand and had a 10 min batting session (Batted really well )

Then the under 14s started and again before I knew it had my wicket keeper gloves on! and stood behind them doing a bit of coaching as thats a good place to help them with thier batting....dont get me wrong I wasnt diving around but it felt good every time the ball thumped into the gloves.

The good thing is they nearly all said how well I am walking so much better than after the 1st OP, and I have no pain in the hip just a few moans and groans around the thigh which are underused muscles...now to rest.xx

good to hear you are doing well and doing some of the things you like doing it must feel good to be able to do normal things again look forward to your next report and hope everything goes well
all the best
Terry
 
1 step forward 2 steps back!!

Well here we go again.

Last weekend I was walking around fine little / no pain slight limp everyone saying how well I was walking..happy days!

This weekend extreme pain when leg is moving cant put any weight on it, OK when resting ?

The pain is so sharp in my groin and through my thigh down to my knee, I have had to cancel my flight to Ireland and there goes another week without being able to work.

I have been resting and the only thing I done last week was Hydro therapy on Tuesday after that the pain got worse and worse until Sunday. A day spent on the sofa and it feels a little better today but still a pain of 7 / 10 when moving...why is this worse than 3 weeks after the OP??:hissyfit:
 
Re: 1 step forward 2 steps back!!

From my understanding a revision is more involved than a normal THR , you are only about 12 weeks post surgey maybe you are just doing too much and not letting your muscles and soft tissue fully heal and just need to rest more.

I am nearly 5 weeks after a straight forward THR and today I woke up sore and my back stiff as a board this morning , not surprising as I walked round the block yesterday and was on my feet most of the day because like you I felt fine at the weekend but my muscles haven't been used for over a year and my posture post op has changed so no surprise now paying the price.

I suggest if it doesn't ease up you see your consultant, but I suspect if you slow down a bit and let things heal up you will be fine.
 
Re: 1 step forward 2 steps back!!

It is likely that you're just overdoing things. You'll know that's the case if you allow yourself a week or so to rest, ice and elevate...and things improve. Sorry....but sometimes it takes a while to heal for some folks. Please take care of yourself and let us know how you're doing.
 
Re: 1 step forward 2 steps back!!

So sorry Loz

I do hope the rest will help. It is still early days for you after a revision.. Hard to hear, I know, but try elevating, icing and rest as much as you can.

Take care :)
 
Re: 1 step forward 2 steps back!!

Last weekend I was walking around fine little/no pain, slight limp, >>> did Hydro therapy last Tuesday >>> after that the pain got worse and worse >>> this weekend extreme pain when leg is moving can't put any weight on it >>>> OK when resting and a day spent on the sofa, it feels a little better >>> still a pain when moving. Why is this worse than 3 weeks after the OP??
Understand now? :wink1:
 
Water therapy can be deceiving. The first time I did it, I was like. " this is great" and about an hour after I got home I was exausted and had to lay down. I just recently, after doing all land therapy, got back in the pool to try and move through some stuck things and my PT also ramped things up a bit. I am now a bit sore and feel not as good as several days ago. It really is true, the path to wellness, the recovery road, whatever you call it, is truly not a straight line. Up and down, forward and backwards and sometimes perfect balance. Ahh, if we could hang on to that balance.

Take it easy, rest, ice again and hopefully this too shall pass, Cathy
 
Well now it seems I am being tested!!

The new pain is, I will walk along feeling OK then ouch a sharp pain down the outside of the operated leg, from the scar down to the knee?? its a very sharp sudden pain and once it starts I have to sit down and then I am ok, take a few steps fine and the same happens....could it be nerves as it does not feel like that dull hip pain I was getting before, infact I have never, until now had this pain running down the outside of my thigh?
 
Just had my 6 month check up....OS says Hip feels and looks fine, the pains I am having is bursitis? which can be quite common after hip surgery? It is a very sharp pain down the outside of the thigh right down and including my knee.
I still have some nagging pains in the groin but they seem to come and go!

I can be OK for days and then all of a sudden for no real reason I am in agony and cant walk without aid, but these times are becoming less and thankfully shorter, instead of 3 days pain it can seem OK after a matter of hours, nerves??
 
Thanks Jamie..reading that...thats spot on , stretching starts today!! What does suprise me though is just how much it hurts and then a couple of hours later it seem to be a lot better??
 
That can be the case, Loz. The stretches should help, but don't be surprised if it takes a while. These things can be rather difficult sometimes. Don't give up!!!
 
Hi Loz, just popped by to cheer you on with your stretches :)
 
Well hello to you all, long time since I updated you all.

Today I had an 8 month checkup.

To say all is fine would be bending the truth but a little progress maybe.

Good bits:
I can put my sock on normally.
I can tie my shoelaces with a bit of effort.
On a good week, have a 5 mile walks with the dog.
Swimming’s fine.
Cycling is OK.

Bad bits:
The good weeks are outnumbered by the bad weeks.
I can’t get rid of my limp, unless really thinking about it.

Two weeks ago my wife commented that I run up and down stairs normally now and I seem to be walking OK.

This week, severe pain on the outside of my hip lower back and lower bum, when standing pain from my groin to my knee, walk with a bad limp.

All the symptoms bursitis…OC says we will give it another couple of months and then start to think of other solutions to this pain!!! In the meantime carry on with the stretches and take meds when needed.

Is so frustrating GRRRRRR. Nearly 2 years from my first operation.

BTW what is the medical solution to bursitis???
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom