Revision THR Lookin' On the Bright Side!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loz....so glad to hear you are out of surgery. Now on to the healing! Rest for now....let your body do its job. You'll be in my prayers for a quick and wonderful recovery.
 
Glad you're on the other side and done with the surgery.
From your description it seemed like it turned out to be more complicated.
Hoping you're doing well and looking forward to your posts.
 
Well here we are all back home.

Many thanks for the thoughts and prayers.

Well where to start!!!

I managed to see the notes from the operation so thought I would share them. (in Drs short hand)

Findings; Cloudy fluid +t, metal/metal joint, stem loose proximally but well fixed distally.
stem would not come out with slaphammer.
Longitndrill (sp) removel osteomy (sp) to loosen distal ska 2x DMCs
Cap removed. reamed 56.56 TMC + one screw .32
trail reduction c +10 x 155 (restoration)
>stable = correct length.
PDS / vicyl/clips. 1 Bellovee
Uncemented
mobilise as per 1st THR
6/52 rvaroxalan (previous DVT)

A lot of that means little to me, but I have a ceramic ball joint now.And I think bone has been removed/replaced. I have seen the xrays and there seems to be a lot of work carried out, and I have quite a impresive scar. The cloudy fluid found in my old joint was an infection so I am on anti-biotics.

I feel OK and the pain is reduced although I am still sore/brusied.

Saw the surgeon yesterday and he seemed pleased and its only 6 days ago!

I must say this surgeon / hospital seemed very open with notes photos and let me know all that has been done.

Thanks again xx
 
Glad you're doing okay and the pain has lessened. I know it's good to be home. Rest, recoup, and get better! We're all rootin' for you.
 
Well after 3 years 1 month, 3 total hip replacements, 1 DVT and many weeks/ months in a lot of pain limping around I have now been given the ok:happydance:

I can now walk upright without pain and no limp and even found myself running across the road without even thinking about it!!

My surgeon told me to get in the gym (no running) get myself fit and start again. He is also very pleased with his work and my recovery time....Oh and the other bit of good news was, I thought I was having trouble with my left hip so we took some Xrays and the OS said its 9 out of 10 and would not need anywork in the forseable future.

so many thanks over the 3 years to all the help and hope you all gave me.

Loz x :thankyou:
 
Fantastic news! Pat yourself on the back for making it through the ups and downs and all arounds of the journey. It has not been an easy one for you and you hiding in there with great tenacity.

...and spring, what a great time for new beginnings. Congratulations :flwrysmile:
 
Great news @Loz ! This has been a long journey for you. Well done!
 
Great report!!!! Please don't hesitate to come back with more updates. Success stories like yours are so important for those who are awaiting their surgery.
 
Thanks for sharing your story! I am awaiting THR and your story cheered me up today and gave me hope that in the end it will all work out. :)
 
it's been a long journey. Good hearing from you with good news. Keep on , keeping on.
Wishing you'll the best.
 
Fantastic news - I am thrilled for you @Loz
 
Wow, Loz. That's the kind of happy ending I was hoping to see as I read through your entire thread. My second revision is coming up on April 9th and I'm hoping for a recovery like yours. Good work!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom