Revision THR Lookin' On the Bright Side!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Oh please no!!

Ha ha, I was posting same time as Jaycey, and almost word for word. Still, I suppose the more you hear the same message the more you're likely to listen!!
 
Re: Oh please no!!

Loz,

You are NOT a fraud or a drama queen. As I explained before I went to the ER in an ambulance with similar pain (it was the worst I ever experienced and never want to again). I ended up in the hospital for 6 days for pain management...It is very real and very scary as I was thinking another surgery...

Now what you can do it help others with your story and hopefully it will keep them from overdoing. All the best to you as you get through this, hopefully feeling a little better each day...take care.
 
Re: Oh please no!!

Loz, I echo all of the above! You did scare me half to death for you as well! I mentioned a "partial" dislocation, and don't know if there is such a thing, BUT, I did experience what i thought was as close to one as possible during my first recovery. You reminded me of that..

Lesson to be learned to all of us newbies out there...PATIENCE!

We all want to be recovered "now"! And it is so easy to over do it. I speak for myself here Loz and am not by any means scolding you. I am as guilty of this as anyone :blush:.

So, THANK goodness it was minor. Back to basics and I am so glad you didn't do any serious harm. Hang in there...
 
Re: Oh please no!!

From Jo.

My own thinking is that
a) you could have had a bleed He thought that would be unlikely
b) it's acute inflammation brought on by doing too much Yes and frowned at the stepper (even though the pyso said it would be OK)
c) it is, as you say, a trapped nerve, didnt really commit TBH
d) you need more pain killers! Yes, I had not taken any for a couple of weeks until Friday, but to be fair on me that was
because I was pain free!


As I mentioned in my other thread, during the revision he cut away lots of very tight soft tissue around my inner thigh, he didnt rule out the possability that that might have been the problem, and it may have to be revisited!! but told me there was a long way to go before that!!

Again thanks for all your kind wishes...it really does help :ThankYou:
 
Re: Oh please no!!

Im glad to hear your ok, other than needing some rest/meds and PATIENCE!

Dont know where fraud or drama queen would come from?!?! Nothing wrong in taken care of your shiny new hip and being proactive.
 
Re: Oh please no!!

Good news, Loz. Now is the time to rest and take care of yourself. I hope things improve quickly for you. You did the right thing by getting to the doctor quickly.....you handled things perfectly!!!
 
Re: Oh please no!!

Whew is so right, I was waiting to hear what happened. Fraud? Drama queen? PLEASE give yourself a break my dear. I'd of been scared to death thinking something was seriously wrong. Hey, we are only human and no matter how well you were doing, you have still been through a lot. ...and as I've said on some other posts "tears are the safety valve of the heart" . They kind of let a little out so we can continue to function and get through whatever difficult thing we are dealing with. I am sending healing energy your way and am hoping pulling back, getting the rest you need etc, will do the trick for you. Hang in there. -Cathy
 
Re: Oh please no!!

Could it be tendinitis or a tendon/muscle tear? You might also look into itb problems or schiatic pain.
 
Re: Oh please no!!

Be careful. It is so easy to overdue it. As I found out. I think for me the minute I start feeling better, I can do anything. Well that isn't true so do take care. Flare ups are easy to do and so hard to undo. Please rest and take care and don't forget the pain meds. :doggieshmooze:Tashia:friends:
 
Re: Oh please no!!

Again thanks for all your help and thoughts.

I feel better today and can put some weight on it and also if I move my foot I have no pain.

But I still dont understand why??

I have had 2 hip operations, broken my collerbone twice playing football and also had the snip!! but I have never had pain as bad as that!!! and I hadnt done anything really differant..except a gentle 3 mins on a stepper!!
 
Re: Oh please no!!

The 'snip' with just local anaesthesia was an experience, but nothing like a THR!

Keep off the stepper, it is evil 8^)
 
Re: Oh please no!!

Loz
A man went to his doctor and when asked what was wrong he raised his arm above his head and said "every time I do this it hurts like hell!!"
The doctor said "Well don't do it then!!"

.......if looks like a duck..... walks like a duck .....and quacks .... it probably is the STEPPER!!

Hope it continues to improve.
All the best,
Charlie
 
Re: Oh please no!!

Hope it improves Loz, staying away from the stepper :)
 
Re: Oh please no!!

b) it's acute inflammation brought on by doing too much Yes and frowned at the stepper (even though the pyso said it would be OK)
:wink1:
d) you need more pain killers! Yes, I had not taken any for a couple of weeks until Friday, but to be fair on me that was because I was pain free!
You mean because you thought you were pain free! Or even because you were free of the pain you had pre-op! People so often fall into that trap - the original arthritic pain is gone and everything else is just a nuisance! Uh-uh!
[Bonesmart.org] Lookin' On the Bright Side!!

As I mentioned in my other thread, during the revision he cut away lots of very tight soft tissue around my inner thigh, he didn't rule out the possibility that that might have been the problem, and it may have to be revisited!! but told me there was a long way to go before that!!
I missed that! Sorry, how could I be so stupid! :DOH: Of course that's the problem and only 5 weeks out!

... It's bound to be painful and difficult still.
... And you are doing way too much.
... And you need to keep taking pain killers - paracetamol 3-4 times a day will make a world of difference.
 
Re: Oh please no!!

Hey Loz,

No No stepper - Snip surgery...alrighty then! Seriously glad you feel better you gave us a bit of a scare.

Be good to yourself and slow down a little!

xxooxx
 
Re: Oh please no!!

I don't recommend the stepper for anyone, much less a recent THR patient. Can't you do something else when your surgeon says you're ready for more activity? Cycling is a much better choice. Swimming is really good too.
 
Re: Oh please no!!

Loz, I think you got the point about the stepper :rolleyespink:. Frankly I would not even think about a stepper and I am almost two years out. There are other gadgets you can use for toning. But please don't even go near anything until all that soft tissue has settled. A bit of patience for a lifetime of activity.
 
Re: Oh please no!!

Thanks again..When I say stepper it is actully a cross trainer, so the motion is round and round with your arms also moving...but that will be mothballed now!!!

I feel OK just bruised around the top of my thigh and inner thigh, I am using both Crutches and not putting much weight on it so dont really know if that hurts, but I dont think so.

Thanks again xx
 
Re: Oh please no!!

Take it easy Loz still early days :)
 
Re: Oh please no!!

Right last post on this.

went to see the OS today, my bloods came back all OK, so thats good.

He told me to slow down when he saw me walk to his office, then just confirmed what the kind folks on this site have said...TAKE IT EASY!

I am on one crutch when I go for longer walks (100 yards or so ) but now not on any around the house, he has told me to start exercises again, but if anything hurts, stop! also told me to slow the exercise down.

Also signed off for another month!!! this I dont think I can do, and will have to sneak a few days a week in, I work from home so its only outside service work I have to shunt around!!

The pain now is in my groin and thigh but is only about 4 / 10 pain at worst and I am in no pain while resting.

Thank you all for your help xx
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom