Guest viewing is limited

THR Littlejem is on the move!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Littlejem, Its great you got your date for second op.
I cant believe how well I am doing since the second op. The recovery of the first one was held back by the pain in my left hip. Now no bone crunching pain :happydance:
I have 3 months restrictions to put up with but I know it goes over really quickly.
Not long for you to wait.
Barbara
 
Thanks Elosarabrab I so hope that I'm like you and the second is even better than the first. I feel my first recovery went so well I'm almost scared to expect the same!!
sandybeach Love your picture, wow you look so young!! My scar is on my backside but kind of on the side of it really and a lot longer than yours, maybe 7-8 inches?
TeeEm I will definitely join you, if only in spirit, or should I say on the spirit, to get hammered, sounds like an excellent plan!!! :cheers: Might have to wait a few months though!!
 
Littlejem, thanks for the compliment on the picture, some days I feel 100 years old and feel I look it too...lol. I always thought the same about your picture, even my husband said something about you looking really young. My incisions are about 5 inches so not too much smaller than yours. I asked my husband if the doctor tried to make them match and he looked at me like I was crazy and said "no". Don't be afraid to expect the same kind of recovery for your next surgery. I had a little more of a challenge I think because I had them done so close together, but now almost 3 weeks out, I am gaining my strength and energy again and I am glad I'm where I am in the recovery process. Be excited for a pain free life.
 
zauberflöte has your doctors already said you will be needing both hips done?
He said two things, which are kind of mutually contradictory! "They're both pretty bad but the right one is essentially b-on-b", and, "the right one needs to be done but the other looks like it might last a while". I'm going with "they both look pretty bad" cos the laft one has a severe case of sibling jealousy going on LOL. And you are sure that is a recent pic? You look about 35!!! :) (I also think that's about how old Littlejem looks....)

uberflöte, My apologies, I only have access to the internet via my iPhone, and my big fat fingers press the wrong buttons!! I have reversed it.
Allycat you are funny. I had hoped it was something like that! I have a stupidphone with a slide-out QWERTY keyboard-- I find i spell better with my thumbs than I do with all 6 (yup only 6 for typing)) fingers. Huh.
 
sandybeach I think you and me could start a fan club for each other and zauberflöte could be our first member! :)
I do hope my hips recover the same, time will tell I'm so glad that you are feeling so good though its really good news! If both your hips are bad zauberflöte I really hope they let you get them both done.
Doing this from my phone as the grand kids are on my computer so I'm giving up now it's too much like hard work!!
 
Littlejem,
So glad to hear you are doing well. Have you gone home yet? I am 6 days away from my day and cannot wait to be on the recovery side. Take good care of yourself, and do not try to do too much too soon
 
Littlejem A fan club? OKAY! I'm in. I'll be president, thank you, and zauberflöte can be the recording secretary, because she writes so-o-o much. :loll: Or maybe Allycat, because she types so-o-o well! JK, LOL :heehee:

Littlejem You have every reason to think your second hip will do as well as your first, or better because you've been through it once. Now you know what to expect and just what to do or not do. You are gonna be fine! I promise! :)
 
Littlejem, My scars are 8 - 9 inches long. I don't worry about that as I don't have a bikini bod anyway.
My right hip is pain free unless I press really hard on it. My recovery was held back by the left hip as it was so painful. Even after the first surgery it wasn't the operated leg that was painful.I am sure you will experience the same as me once you are fully free from the crunching bone pain the recovery goes much better.:)
 
Thanks Mamarey I am at home and I don't go in for my 2nd hip until !7th June
zauberflöte ok girl, lets see this man of yours, see if he measures up!!!!!! :loll:

ByGosh This fan club sounds perfect, but we've got to get the dogs to take a role, how about sharing the social secretary role, getting us out and about.
Hey Elosarabrab I don't have a bikini bod either but on holiday, what the hell, we wear our scars proudly and if they don't like it well tough!! I was lucky that my breast reconstruction scar is now a fine white line and I'm hopeful that the matching hips do the same. :) :ok: :)
 
Littlejem ok, last night I messed with the pic to make is small and crop and etc, but wnen I was done, and saved, I couldn't find it LOL Will try again now.....
Edit: well....... we certainly had heads when we took the picture! I compressed it-- maybe if one clicks on it, one gets to see our heads!
second edit: ah well, no heads......:umm:
third edit-- ok, I'm done, Cropped it, resized it to 25%, still "error too large". I have no idea why. I guess I'll just live with it :umm: :umm:
 
zauberflöte, look at you girl all cuddled up to that man of yours. Both of you are looking good. Very pretty picture of you, it looks like you belong to the blonde club too:yay: It's so nice to see your smiling face. When I put our picture on here I didn't resize it all.
 
Well done zauberflöte it looks good to me, what a great picture and a good looking man!! The picture says it all and exactly how you come across in words a fun loving, bubbly couple!! This might call for a new fan club!!! :rotfl: :heehee: It's nice to see our 3 handsome 'other half's'! :)
 
ByGosh Elosarabrab zauberflöte sqwerlie sandybeach Audball Kim22 Weezi
Hi everyone, I thought I'd change avatar and show off Henry our lovely boy. This picture was taken last year during the village Jubilee celebrations, hence the union flag on his bandanna, made with my own fair hands!:puppysmooze: !

Yesterday I managed to get to the hairdressers at last, my hair has looked like a pile of straw since my surgery and really needed some intensive care!! It was so good to get it cut and coloured and is finally looking decent again :happydance: :yay: :egypdance:
 
Hi Littlejem, just been trying to catch up on everyone's recovery threads. I haven't read all 13 pages though! I cannot wait to go to the hairdressers, I'm very jealous!
 
[Bonesmart.org] Littlejem is on the move!!
Your Henry is certainly a handsome boy!! And getting your hair done, priceless.
 
Hi Littlejem.What a fine fellow Henry is. Well done on getting to the hairdressers I could really do with a good cut and even more important my highlights need redoing but that involves about 2 hours and I couldn't face sitting for so long but you have got me thinking that maybe its time.
 
Thaks guy we think he's a handsome boy too although sometimes we say he looks too pretty to be a boy!! :puppysmooze:
Getting my hair done made me feel good but as you say Kim22 when it takes 2 plus hours it's a long time for me to be in the chair.
I decided to join my husband walking Henry this morning and we were out for about an hour, must have walked over a mile and a half but struggled the last bit on the way back and then had a good sleep this afternoon! :sleep:
 
[Bonesmart.org] Littlejem is on the move!! One thing we all must try to remember when we take a walk is that we have to get back to the starting point. Pays to go a shorter distance than you'd like to begin with and then add to it slowly. And this is particularly true if you are walking alone.

Take care and keep us posted. We care. [Bonesmart.org] Littlejem is on the move!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom