THR Littlejem is on the move!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks bottomshollow I was thinking to myself, 'don't forget you've got to get back' and my husband wanted me to stop earlier, but no, I thought I'd be fine a go a little further!! I've had a good sleep though and I'm fine now. :)
 
Littlejem What a sweet looking dog you have. Our pets are so much of our lives we need to display them proudly. My dog needs to have a haircut as soon as the weather gets warmer, I am hoping to do that this coming week since we are being promised nice weather. I bet it feels great to get your hair done. When do you go back to work?
 
Hi sandybeach It's good that you've been promised better weather, let's hope it appears!! We are having a quite good weekend weather wise here and today has been lovely and sunny, the grandsons even had their shorts on!!
I've already gone back to work although l haven't done a full week yet. This week I'll do 4 days as tomorrow is a bank holiday in the UK and I'll be working 5/6 hour days, then the following week I'll probably be back to my normal work hours, 5 x 7.5 hour days.
 
Littlejem, I am dreaming of that kind of weather....all in good time. How many grandchildren do you have? We have 3 almost 4. With getting back to work, June will come quickly. I have this month off and I might extend it even into June before going back. I will be able to go part-time at first too. I still get tired out and need that afternoon nap. I am taking iron pills now in hopes to get built back up and not need so much sleep.
 
sandybeach I have 3 grandsons 11, 9 and 8 all from my eldest daughter and I'm so lucky that they live just a few houses down from me! You're an expectant gran as well, how lovely and something to look forward to getting totally better for! I had some blood tests last week which all came back as fine, so no anemia but I do get tired, is it good to take iron to help with tiredness? :thud:
 
Hi Littlejem My husband and I also had a lovely walk in the sunshine today We walked along a disused railway line near to where we live and I was quite emotional as its a long time since I have been on the walk due to hip pain. I felt so blessed and grateful to my new hip. I did have 1 stick which I needed and took slowish but long strides as recommended by Poppet.I do have muscle pain in both thighs now but that is nothing new.I use Ibuprofen Gel at bedtime
 
The place I walked today was also an old disused railway line, just across the road from where I live!! Ah I haven't see the long stride advice, I'll have to try that...........well as long as I can with my short legs!! :heehee: Glad the sunshine was your way too!!
 
Littlejem I love the picture of Henry! And with his Union Jack on, too. He is certainly a beautiful dog and you must be very proud of him. He deserves all the pickled pigs ears money can buy!
I'm glad you had your hair done, must feel so good to get spiffed up. The weather here in New England has been gorgeous, too, and getting outside in the warm sunshine is wonderful.
I can't believe that all of you young-looking ladies are grandmoms! You must have started your families young! I bet you enjoy every minute of it, sandybeach and Littlejem.
 
Littlejem, You are lucky to have your grandchildren living so close. Ours live over an hours drive away. We had two of them here Friday night. They are so full of life, they do me good and get me up and moving. Iron is only good to take if you are low in iron and I am and that can and will make you tired. ByGosh thanks for the compliment but actually I didn't have my first child until I was 25 and my son and his wife had our first grandchild when he was 25. I do love every minute I have to spend with the grandchildren. I have friends that have grandchildren about the same age so now we are arranging play dates for our grandchildren. Maybe all our grandchildren will grow up being friends too.
Kim22 the walk sounds wonderful in the warm sun....that's my plan for this coming week. I have the same problem as Littlejem with the short legs, I am only 5' 1" I might have gained a little since surgery:heehee: . I have to run to keep up with my husband who is 6'4". He's my protector.
 
Littlejem he is gorgeous. X... my brother in law has the same type of dog, but he lost his front leg in a car accident. And he's such a happy wee soul. Loves q cuddle and attention. When u tickle him though, his shoulder moves like the leg is still there. But he just gets on with it. Animals adapt, and he's my hero pup. X
 
Oh Audball that poor dog, it's so good he had a lovely owner who looks after him so well even with his disability. My youngest daughter has a 3 legged bengal cat that she adopted because the owner just wanted it put down, tragic!! She is the same and trys to scratch with the leg that's not there!! :puppysmooze: :kittykiss:
 
The place I walked today was also an old disused railway line, just across the road from where I live!!
Henry is a DOLL!! Those eyes........ we have a thing here in some states that they call 'rails to trails" in which unused rail lines are ripped up and made into bike paths. They are often along rivers, and are gorgeous! And good for you getting hair done. I don't cut or color my hair, so I''m going to have to go for a massage as my treat.....

I use Ibuprofen Gel at bedtime
Kim, does that stuff work? I've never tried it. i was given a sample of some kind of Rx similar, but it stank of ammonia and didn't do much good...


thanks for the compliment but actually I didn't have my first child until I was 25
"until"??? Hah ha I had only just met my husband-to-be at 25!! First kid adopted at 35--- I'm oooollllld LOL My first son's birth mother was young enough to hvae been my own kid....second one pretty close to it too.
 
zauberflöte, my goal when we got married is to be done having babies at 30, don't know why but back then 30 seemed old..lol. Now all our kids have been gone for years, I don't know if 30 was a good target. How old are your children? I now have lots of time to spoil my grandchildren and when our kids do come around I try to spoil them too. Whoever is here at that time is my favorite.
 
sandybeach my kids are 26 and almost 23... I am 61! The funniest thing-- when i was in about third grade, I swore up and down that i'd never have kids because it hurt too much (was a playground conversation about *giggle snicker* topics...). Well, be careful what you swear in 3rd grade! I never did give birth! but, my kids are MY kids (tho they each have anpther mother besides me, and father besides "Dad"), and to date I have no regret about the miscarriages. I got the kids God meant for me to have, and if I ever think about having some other kids (including ones I made myself) I get sick to my stomach with, what, horror? Severe nervousness? You know that sinking feeling when something is taken away from you-- I guess it's grief. I would die for these boys, I kinda think that's motherhood. Sorry for long post Littlejem :) !
 
zauberflöte, That's motherhood. You are their mom, you didn't have to give birth for that. You raised them, loved them, wiped the tears and worried about them. I had my 4 kids in 5 years...that was some busy years for me. I didn't have time think. But now they're grown and we have 4 great kids so I guess we did something right. Littlejem, you will have to pop in sometime, we are kind of taking over here...:heehee:
 
Hi guys, sorry I couldn't join in but 11pm, (uk time), is way past my bedtime!! Like sandybeach says zauberflöte those boys are yours and your husbands in every sense and I bet they feel exactly the same, at their age they are they must keep you young I bet? Life can throw you some strange and unpleasant hands but if it hadn't you wouldn't have your boys would you. :flwrysmile:

Happy birthday to your son Elosarabrab and I'm sure those grandchildren will be along soon!! Not sure I'll get any more as my eldest says 3 is enough and my youngest, although married, prefers to go on holiday, she's off to Bali next month!! :)
 
Ok so it's 3:30 in the morning and I feel wide awake!!! :what: Too much going round my head about timings for grandchildren, dog sitter and whether I'll need to attend a Health & Safety meeting at work tomorrow, or should I say today!!! :gaah: Grrrrr it would be so much more simple to just get up, go to work and then come straight home, my husband has it easy!! :hairpulling:
Ok,cup of tea then back to bed and hope sleep comes. :mcoffee: :sleep:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom