THR Littlejem is on the move!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Littlejem, That is the worse when you can't sleep but yet you have to go to work and try to be productive. I have 3 weeks yet and I hope I can get my sleep schedule sorted out by then. I was up until 3:00 this morning almost slept through my first PT session I had today, but I did get there on time. Now at 11:43 pm I'm not sure if I'm tired enough to go to sleep yet. I blame it on the drugs, I'm trying to wean off of them. I hope you are able to get much needed to sleep tonight.:sleep:
 
Elosarabrab Those grandbabies will come in time....the main thing is they come when your kids are ready to become parents. When they do come, you will become a very proud grandma.
 
Thanks zauberflöte and sandybeach I went back to bed but sleep took its time arriving then of course when the alarm went off this morning at 7.30, I was fast asleep and not wanting to get up!!
Loving the photo, what a wonderful view you lucky lady, hope you are more relaxed and able to enjoy your break now that you can be sure your boy is ok. :SUNsmile:
 
Littlejem Hi Janet gosh there's nothing worse than being wide awake at 3.30 am with things to do going round and round in your head. You have my sympathy I hope you got a few hours before you got up to go to work and you should sleep well tonight .
 
Hope you can get a good night's sleep tonight Littlejem! Those grandbabies are wonderful aren't they? I feel so blessed that all of mine are close by for right now. My oldest daughter is 28 and has 3 kids, the next daughter is 26 and has 3, with another due in July and our 4th daughter just had her first a week and a half ago. I really love being Grandma! :flwrysmile:
 
Yes sqwerlie grandkids are the best and it sounds like you have been blessed with a whole bunch of them, wonderful! :):yahoo: I have 3 grandsons aged between 11 & 8, from my eldest daughter who is 38 next month, wow that makes me feel really old!! I'm not sure my youngest daughter will be having any, she is married to a lovely girl, yes she's gay and although they have talked about it and there are ways, at the moment they both prefer to spend their money on holidays!!
Yes definitely an early night for me in the hope I get a full nights sleep tonight!! :sleep:
 
Wow sqwerlie You have 7 grandchildren and another on the way You are truely blessed. I only have one grandson Jack who is 6 months but my daughter lives in Cheshire which is about 150 miles away.@littlegem you are also blessed with 3 grandsons. Do they live close to you ? How did you manage at work today with very little sleep ?
 
Hi Kim22 yes they live just a few houses down from us so we see them most days, William, George and Tom. It's a small world, we come from the Wirral in Cheshire before we moved down to Wiltshire 28 years ago! I did ok at work today but I was glad to leave around 3:15 and now I'm really ready for bed!! :sleep:
 
Best Wishes, Littlejem. I'm getting "antsy" and can't wait for May 20 so I can join you on other side.
 
Hi pag I know that feeling and I too can't wait to be fully on the other side, instead of straddling it like I am at the moment!! I now know how good it can feel with my operated hip but obviously still have the pain in my bad hip side. :sad:
 
  • Friendly
Reactions: pag
Hi @littelejem, like you I am suffering bouts of sleeplessness. For me, I wake most nights at around 4.30am, and this morning gave up and got out of bed at 5am. I've suffered this problem for years and a Chinese acupuncturist told me that the time was significant as it indicated specific issues (I think it was either liver or kidney). I can't help thinking it is the sign of a restless mind, as like you my brain clicks into gear and starts to whir away about the day ahead, problem solving, etc.
 
Hi Littlejem You are very lucky having your grandsons so close to you as well as your daughters of course My daughter lives in Wilmslow but one of her school friends lives in the Wirral. Are you off work today and did you sleep better last night ? Firebrand You are so right about the mind clicking into overdrive in the middle of the night It's not good as I feel so wide awake in the middle of the night but like death warmed up when morning arrives. How is your tendinitis ?
 
Hi Kim22, Agreed about the brain thing - I don't really need or want it to be sparking away at 4am, and then flagging at noon as I am now. The burstitis is very much still with me. I'm working at a conference in a couple of weeks, when I will be at week 12, and it looks like I will still be using my walking stick which I'd very much hoped wouldn't be the case by that point. I had a chat with my GP about why I needed to wait a couple of months for the cotesone injection, and she said because 80% of the time it will go away on its own, and to try to avoid any more medical intervention. Also I need to go back to the surgeon to have it done as the GP doesn't do them. So we agreed that I would give it a month and phone the surgeon to get an appointment. I'm due to go to Turkey on holiday at the end of July and I can't cope with the idea of being miserable and in pain while I'm away.
 
Hi Firebrand Sorry to hear that you still have bursitis It would be wonderful if it cleared up on its own without the cortisone but at least you have a plan if that's not the case and you will have relief before you go on holiday.Its a shame you will still have your stick whilst working at the conference but at least it alerts others to that you have just had surgery and you may need more help from them.
I am having problems too. After doing so well, doing a lot of walking in the good weather as well as standing still chatting more than I should I managed to strain a groin muscle when twisting awkwardly getting off the loo.So since then I have had groin and knee pain and I feel I have gone backwards.I am walking badly with a stick, can't do exercises and back on to Ibuprofen as well as Paracetamol. This recovery is such a roller coaster of emotions is it not? One minute happy and positive planning future activities and then back to square one Sorry to be a moaning Minnie.
 
Hi Firebrand I do suffer from insomnia occasionally and I really hoped that I'd been get better, hopefully it was just a blip!!
Yes Kim22 I did sleep a lot better last night, thank goodness and I did go into work.
I too have been having problems this week, my operated side buttock has been aching, a dull ache and I've not done anything that I know of. I'm wondering if it's the leg length difference that's putting a strain on my hips and back. Can you help Josephine?
 
Hi Littlejem The waking up in the middle of the night has become a regular thing for me now, too. I keep Benadryl by my bed so I can take a little and hopefully get back to sleep. I don't like lying in the dark with my mind deciding it's time to worry about everything.
Kim22 Sorry to hear you've strained a muscle. I seem to have done something similiar a few weeks back. I still ice alot and try to go pretty easy on my activities. You're right, it really is a roller coaster. Just when you think you're finally better, you get some kind of ache or pain someplace it seems. It sounds like you're doing the right thing by using the canes again to take the weight off. You'll see, it'll improve.
sqwerlie You have a lot of children and grandchildren, bless you. Aren't you lucky? My oldest is just 26 and still in grad school, not married, so I don't think I'll be blessed with grand babies for awhile.
 
Littlejem and Kim22, sorry to hear you're healing has had some set backs as well. I'm nearly at the end of my two weeks rest, and found that I feel better if I don't do any of my physio. I was told to use nurofen gel topically on the pain instead of taking tablets, but I kept getting it on my scar.:sad:

I hope that this is just minor setbacks for you both. Rest up and try not to get frustrated. We will be out in our summer shorts soon...
 
I too have been having problems this week, my operated side buttock has been aching, a dull ache and I've not done anything that I know of. I'm wondering if it's the leg length difference that's putting a strain on my hips and back.
Honey, you're only 8 weeks out. This is just simple post-op pain. Are you taking your pain meds on schedule?
 
Thanks Josephine, so it's just normal even though it wasn't there before, that's great news! You're right I haven't been taking many pain meds and skipping some anti inflammatory meds so I'll up them again, I was trying to reduce before going in for my next op but I guess I don't really need to. I just love your no nonsense approach and you are absolutely right yet again. :) Thanks Janet x
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom